Streaming or youtube account uploads

• Thread starter Deleted member 1417362
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1417362

• Deleted member 1417362

My son (8) who i built our rig for wants to "Stream like Jimmy Broadbent". While I admire his enthusiasm and I have sourced everything he needs hardware wise, I am struggling with the software side and purposefully pulled the reigns in for the moment.

Our rig is a dedicated triple 27", wind sim, rumble, button boxes, custom GT3 wheel, boom mic, logitech 920 etc etc.

He mostly uses Project Cars 2 while I race on ACC and Raceroom, with his aspirations of being a "youtuber" he wants to start uploading. I have to then try an explain to him that its not as easy as that and there is actually a lot of editing that goes on - or is there ?, I just assume there is.

I hear about OBS Studio, twitch etc I think JB streams to twitch then uploads to youtube after, all i'm trying to do is produce something i can upload with him in an easy way that he can understand the process as well.

Thanks in advance

OBS and YouTube Control Room I think.

I think you can have two separate video / audio captures going at once eg. main monitor with webcam in an inset frame using OBS

I assume you can then stream this directly and / or you can encode to disk for later upload.

YouTube supports live streaming with instant DVR for viewers and watch later as I guess the stream gets added to your content list online for users to view any time?

Looks like you can use YouTube's Live Control Room, see link:

How to Use Live Control Room for Live Streaming on YouTube - YouTube

I've never done it but I'm sure all the info is around the links I just posted. The video seems easy to follow. Looks like you can enable YouTube to get it's stream from something like OBS which I think you can do the clever stuff with like multiple video feeds (webcam and game).

Just spotted this:

How to Stream With Two PCs Using OBS Studio and the NDI Plugin — OBS.Live | Open Broadcaster Software Streaming Knowledge Base

Looks like you can capture video feed from a different PC over your network to a streaming PC running OBS. This method doesn't need a capture card, just a software plug-in. It looks like you would have to still install OBS on your gaming PC as well as your streaming PC so I'm not sure how much load it takes off your gaming PC as OBS will still be encoding your game feed on your gaming PC.

As you say, it's not as straightforward as you think. I think that once you have the setup working, livestreams with instant DVR and upload look fairly easy to manage using YouTube features. They also make it easy for chat and monetisation.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1417362

Thanks for coming back so quick.

I think if it were just me I'd have given it a go but I've googled and with so many options knowing what's right and picking what's the right option is the issue.

He'll only be going for example 5 lap races at the redbull ring for the moment, so nothing to long.

I like the idea of this going to a second PC and have a laptop we can use so will investigate that as well now thanks.

So many different ways to skin a cat....

Seems like you need streaming software like OBS for YouTube Live Control Room to connect to otherwise it just has webcam option.

Once you are on the OBS wagon and working then you can play around with best place to merge video streams either on your gaming PC or separate PC I guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back