Strange Things Happening With Wreckfest...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest New Structure.jpg

Crash and bang racing title Wreckfest has some interesting new content in the pipeline.. potentially opening up the title to further trackside excitement..!

I suppose it would be fair to say things have been a little quiet in Wreckfest land these last few months, however that apparently doesn't mean things aren't continuing behind the scenes at Bugbear Entertainment and Nordic Games...

Recently taking to social media, Bugbear revealed a rather curious looking image from a work in progress build of the popular destruction derby style racing game earlier this month, showing what looks to be a very interesting introduction of some rather athletic looking obstacles to have "fun" with. But what exactly is it that Bugbear have shown, and is this a move towards more of this kind of action in Wreckfest?

Interesting times ahead...

Wreckfest is available now on PC, with console release expected to follow during 2019.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
STUNTS!!! :inlove:

Edit:
Seriously though, a stage editor and some way to share stages, coupled with online...
Cannot recall if the classic Stunts game had actual racing, but just sandboxing was fun.

Last edited:
Real jokkis rules, circuits, weather and damage system! yay! oh wait it's not that... okay.
Still one of the most enjoyable titles.
I still wish for more real-ish jokkis circuits though. Stunts to me is boring, especially I wonder would it ever work out well, because BeamNG nicely filled that niche.

Last edited:
Real jokkis rules, circuits, weather and damage system! yay! oh wait it's not that... okay.
I've read somewhere that making a more serious Jokkis (= Finnish folk racing) sim was their original ambition. But then they figured it wouldn't have enough wide market appeal

One thing I wish the physics would do, is cars flipping and rolling easier. The physics don't seem to allow it (cars won't roll unless punted) while it very much can happen in real Jokkis

Last edited:
Looks interesting but not quite sure how it'll fit into a race. Maybe we'll get a new car called the 'hamster' to drive on it.

Just for a bit of fun I've been tinkering with my Wreckfest online website. You can use it to see a list of all current live servers, who's playing on them and live damage dealt scores.

It kind of rekindles the old 'heavy hitter' and 'mad dog' post-race awards that the game used to have, but for some reason were removed.

http://www.flying-bollards.com/

I think Wreckfest has ability to go in more directions then most
Trackmania style layouts
Proper Drag Racing street classes
Mad Max style cars with guns
Interstate '76

How about massive town maps with hangouts and tracks for all sort of racing
Wreckfest MCO :devilish:

I don't mind some slightly wackier tracks like the current Bonebreaker Valley but I hope they don't go too far. Definitely no guns for me:D

Wreckfest engine could be used in many games, like a cop chase game. But I hope they don't go too crazy with the current one, but keep it at least slightly grounded in reality

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back