Stock Car Extreme Releases 1.48 Beta, Fixes Championship Scoring

stock.jpg
Reiza Studios have published a new backer-only beta for Stock Car Extreme. Version 1.48 beta is now live on Steam and is 753MB in size.

This update is the first one to be compiled in-house, and the developers have removed all instances of code injection. As such, v1.48 fixes some long-standing bugs like the championship scoring bug and adds many interesting features like correct steering rotation being set automatically on a per car basis. Reiza Studios has recommended starting a new player profile and creating new control presets as old files might cause problems.

The Lancer Cup and Velo Città circuit are also included. The beta update is only available for those who have backed Reiza's Indiegogo crowdfunding, but obviously these updates will eventually be pushed to the main client.

Changelog:
  • Added Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models, recommended to run with TC & ABS on low as per the real car)
  • Added Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts);
  • Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3);
  • Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so use no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above);
  • Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting anti-roll bars from in-car (for the cars that have the option: Stock Car V8, Super V8, F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-V12, F-Classic )
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting Vertical FOV from in-car;
  • Tweaked AI to perform less strategical mistakes (such as pitting in the last lap);
  • Rewritten all car classes from the previous standard ReizaXX to a nomenclature that better represents their respective series;
  • Introduced native support to 9-speed gearboxes & fixed bug which would lead to F-Extreme occasionally disappearing when hitting 8th gear in a multiplayer section;
  • AI drivers now use 8th gear & DRS;
  • Added "Opponents Filter" option to quick race menu (for multiclass racing)
  • Replaced AI aggression UI slider with a set of presets low-to-max (max being 50% agression in old currency to prevent AI misbehavior in overly agressive settings);
  • Fixed bug with other cars occasionally "inheriting" 8 gears, DRS functionality from F-Extreme
  • Fixed championship scoring bug;
  • Fixed bug with AI behavior being over agressive with the throttle on corner exit leading to occasionally losing control;
  • Revised AI performance for all cars (balancing for consistency from car to car, track to track, session to session) - still in progress;
  • Updated ambient, curb, road & grass roll noise for all cars;
  • Minor aero & tires revision in all cars;
  • Revised realfeel values to reduce FFB clipping;
  • Tweaked alpha channels in skins from Metalmoro MR18, Opala86, SuperV8, StockV8 series to reduce excessive shiny look;
  • Minor graphical optimization;
  • Fixed behavior of driver labels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoring fixed. Wow.

If I download this beta, will I still be able to use it online?

EDIT: Oh I see it's only available to those participating in the crowd funding shenanigans. When will us normal people who have wanted to play championship mode for the last 13 months since the points were broken, get this availability?

Got a working game when I paid, few months later it got broken and I'm still stuck with a game with the points-calculating prowess of Will Farrell. :thumbsdown:

We can hook you up with a v1.15 install (with fully functioning championship scoring) if the game you paid for is all you want :)

The beta has its own issues (it is a beta afterall), so you´re better off waiting until it´s ready. Thanks to the "shenanigans" you mention, and those who contributed to it, it should hopefully be a much better game for you to enjoy also :thumbsup:

We can hook you up with a v1.15 install (with fully functioning championship scoring) if the game you paid for is all you want :)

The beta has its own issues (it is a beta afterall), so you´re better off waiting until it´s ready. Thanks to the "shenanigans" you mention, and those who contributed to it, it should hopefully be a much better game for you to enjoy also :thumbsup:

You broke it during an update. You can fix it with another update. No idea why a paying consumer should downgrade to an update released during 2014 just to fix an issue you've been promising to fix ever since, but never did.

The onus is in you to fix it, not on me to downgrade.

You broke it during an update. You can fix it with another update. No idea why a paying consumer should downgrade to an update released during 2014 just to fix an issue you've been promising to fix ever since, but never did.

It is being fixed in effectively the first opportunity we have had to fix it. We have been very open about our limitations and the reasons why it´s taken so long, and nothing but apologetic to anyone who has presented that (very valid) complaint in a less aggressive manner.

Of course you are not under any obligation to be understanding of our circumstances, but you do have the option to stick with the version of the product you originally purchased. That´s not a downgrade, unless you really want the updates which were never part of the package you bought to begin with. I understand that´s not very practical but if you want to be the "paying customer", it seems valid to point that out to you.

You may also ask for a refund if you so prefer - our policy usually limit those to 30 days, but we see no reason to force any paying customer to endure the pain of a product they may not be satisfied with.

Last edited:

Invest in Excel spreadsheet or pen and paper then if championship scoring really means that much to you.

Invest in Excel spreadsheet or pen and paper then if championship scoring really means that much to you.
I couldn't agree more...

If Reiza removed some sort of super deep and complex career mode with all sorts of things involved (contracts, car upgrades, money/sponsors, multiple seasons and levels/series', etc.) then I could understand the flak they would take if all of that was all of a sudden removed one day but that's not even close to what happened. All that essentially happened was that Reiza removed a calculator and chart to tally up points for you so you don't have to, yet they've come under constant criticism from some for it as if Reiza completely broke the physics or FFB of the game or something. Somehow, seeing a pretty chart in-game is so amazing compared to making your own chart and counting numbers on your own - heck you can even use a calculator, your PC even comes with one if you don't have one, so does your phone most likely. Unbelievable.

Just to be clear so we don´t turn this into a silly debate - the complaints about the championship bug are perfectly legitimate and have been all the previous times they have been made - the snarkiness about a beta featuring the long overdue fix (along with a bunch of other features) just because it is not immediately publicly available (because it is beta) however seems like moaning for the sake of moaning, which is a bit bemusing to me.

Then again it´s the internet and after a month of 16-hour days one tends to get in crankier mood than usual :p

The offer stands Dewald, but hopefully you can bear with us for another week or two now ;)

Last edited:
Once again surprised over the professionalism of Reiza here.
Looking how other (big) developers deal with "unfriendly" posts (banning people from forums, even insulting...) i once again feel confirmed that this company is absolutely worth supporting.

I found yesterday one big issue :confused:
Very often the FFB is rumbling very heavy (off-road) even when the car is NOT moving.:(

Suggestion: Try to add a better track description in the track selection menu. Just say "Interlagos 1, Interlagos 2 ..." is not enough. Would be great to see the track layout and some
basic infos :rolleyes:

I tried to find a kart track for a kart race. I dont' know a lot about tracks in south america :unsure:

Nice to see that Reiza are fixing fundamental issues as well as adding nice new tracks and cars. I got the feeling that some of the major bugs the game was experiencing were proving very difficult to solve so nice to see that they found the solution(s) :thumbsup:

If it helps anyone, the Beta version refused to run on Windows 10, went to the exe file in it's folder I then ran the compatibility wizard and changed the settings to Windows 7 and allowed admin permissions. The game then ran fine. I think it was just the admin permissions that did it as the game was trying to start (lots of HD activity) but no welcome screen loading.

Nice to see that Reiza are fixing fundamental issues as well as adding nice new tracks and cars. I got the feeling that some of the major bugs the game was experiencing were proving very difficult to solve so nice to see that they found the solution(s) :thumbsup:

If it helps anyone, the Beta version refused to run on Windows 10, went to the exe file in it's folder I then ran the compatibility wizard and changed the settings to Windows 7 and allowed admin permissions. The game then ran fine. I think it was just the admin permissions that did it as the game was trying to start (lots of HD activity) but no welcome screen loading.

I had the same problem with Win10. Then I removed the old beta installation and installed it from a scratch. Then it works without any admin / right problems.

Fantastic news! I can't wait to take the Lancer for a spin and looking forward to all the other fixes and updates.

One minor gripe though, which came about a version or 2 ago.. Are we stuck with all tracks having sponsorship banners of mainly Reiza, Cockpit Extreme Racing, and Pirelli? I fully understand the need for advertising, but I feel the banners are overdone. Not a major complaint and something that can be overlooked if it's beneficial to Reiza and helping to fund the game.. Switching to F Truck for a few laps around the same circuit - and it's just so much more authentic with the older original billboards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back