Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Would it be of use if i uploaded the .veh files that i have edited so far to put the cars in the various classes, also you only need to edit 1 realfeel value for each class? In theory i should be able rar them in the appropiate folder then just unzip and copy over the files on your p.c.

Theres no point everyone having to go through the pain.

Would it be of use if i uploaded the .veh files that i have edited so far to put the cars in the various classes, also you only need to edit 1 realfeel value for each class? In theory i should be able rar them in the appropiate folder then just unzip and copy over the files on your p.c.

Theres no point everyone having to go through the pain.
That would be a great time saver :notworthy:

That would be a great time saver :notworthy:

I wiil have to have a test tonight and all being well i will upload the first class (probably GT2) and see how it goes, i will only upload the .veh files not the full mod so we dont have any grief. As i say i have not done the GT3 class yet and there may be one or two teams/cars missing in the LMP1 class but as it stands there is more than enough for a full grid of each class and if you want to add any more then you can just use the same description and class settings that i have to add it to the race.

@Andrew James am i alright to upload here mate as i dont have any other accounts set up.

@Andrew James, @Paul Smith , I'm new to pc sims so this may be seem a silly question. What's the purpose of editing the veh files?
Hi Billy

The .veh files hold the info for the class each car races in and when you drive a car what the description is in the realfeel settings if you want to change any values.

When you convert a rfactor mod this is one area that goes a bit wrong when running it in GSC, so unless you want the classes/cars all mixed up and having to edit the realfeel for every car including when you pick a different livery this is necessary evil. Especially with a mod this size and complex.

Fernando Zart has this excellent guide here.

Hi Billy

The .veh files hold the info for the class each car races in and when you drive a car what the description is in the realfeel settings if you want to change any values.

When you convert a rfactor mod this is one area that goes a bit wrong when running it in GSC, so unless you want the classes/cars all mixed up and having to edit the realfeel for every car including when you pick a different livery this is necessary evil. Especially with a mod this size and complex.

For me its simply pressing Alt or Strg + numpad 9 to lighten the ffb suitable and ready to go. Furthermore the Server only needed to be set to reiza5 class and added KI is mixed fine automatically, so i dont really see big probs here,

Gretts Mikk

PS. Im early home and started server *Mikk*, feel free to join, its Monaco weekend, so maybe we can have some Fun there.

Hi Billy

Thanks for the explanation and the link (which I haven't looked all the way thru' yet), Paul
QuickMikk2 just got in with the reply I was wondering about - when I get into a new car I adjust ffb by using ctrl+ NumPad8 (to invert) or any of the other numbers to strengthen or weaken or increase response or increase mix. Is that the same thing as "editing the realfeel" for every car? By doing that, am I editing the realfeel, in fact?

For me its simply pressing Alt or Strg + numpad 9 to lighten the ffb suitable and ready to go. Furthermore the Server only needed to be set to reiza5 class and added KI is mixed fine automatically, so i dont really see big probs here,

Gretts Mikk

PS. Im early home and started server *Mikk*, feel free to join, its Monaco weekend, so maybe we can have some Fun there.
Hi Mikk
What's KI?

Gretts Mikk

Well you can do that but the MOD was written with specific FFB in mind for each class, so to get the best out of it in your mod you need to change the realfeel settings for each car. Also i modded this before you released your version and all my mods are Reiza1 class, as i wanted to keep the mini's seperate.

Well you can do that but the MOD was written with specific FFB in mind for each class, so to get the best out of it as it is you would need to change it for each car with your .veh files. Also i modded this before you released your version and all my mods are Reiza1 class, as i wanted to keep the mini's seperate.
I have no other mods in my Installation, for me best way against possible errors, and tbh, i think the ffb is so great, 2 or 3 key presses for lightining the power isnt a pita :) and ready to go

Well it's probably not worth the bother uploading my files as they are in a different class (the camaro's) reiza1. If any wants them i may do, but it wont be compatable with Mikks. Also i think the FFB is vitally important to get it right, but that may be just me.

EDIT

All it my files do is put the cars in the Camaro class rather than the Mini's.
All cars in each class have one realfeel entry for each class.
Each class is limited to only racing cars of the same class (eg LMP1 vs LMP1) rather than a multiclass event against the AI which means you only end up racing a few cars in your class.

Last edited:
I noticed that, for the GTM13 Nissan GTR GT3 at least, the rear damping possibilities are not symmetrical when you see the figures in N/m/s instead of 1-20 (can be chosen in the PLR file). I think the .veh file will need to be modified. The problem is with the bump values. Or is this on purpose to reflect real life situation? I guess not.
I haven't checked other vehicles yet.

Attachments

• GMT13-GTR-GT3-Symmetry.jpg
    GMT13-GTR-GT3-Symmetry.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 269
I noticed that, for the GTM13 Nissan GTR GT3 at least, the rear damping possibilities are not symmetrical when you see the figures in N/m/s instead of 1-20 (can be chosen in the PLR file). I think the .veh file will need to be modified. The problem is with the bump values. Or is this on purpose to reflect real life situation? I guess not.
I haven't checked other vehicles yet.

This is for all ADAC GT Masters 2013 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes