Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hi Fernando, for a certain endurance series i have decided to split the different classes to there own individual mod as i would prefer to race against cars in the same class so have just given each one its own string e.g "reiza1,ES_P1". Also using your method i only need to input the realfeel settings once for each class.

For any mod now i am using the methods above. I have just done the Alpine A364's for my private use and that has worked out great (great cars to drive)

The only problem now is i spend more time in .veh files than i do driving. Hopefully the end is in sight! Unless i find a new mod to tweak.

Hi Paul, I've used the same scheme when converting multiclass mods. It works fine.
You're right, changing .veh files is tiresome, but you can automate things using AutoIt, if you have some (little) knowledge about programming. I've done some small utilities that helped me to change lines in batch, also applying some sort of intelligence to the process, i.e., "if the car has something like *this* in class, take the first n chars and complement with *that*"... you know.
For this, I prefer AutoIt as it has functions to alter .ini files, which are very similar to .veh files in structure. You just have to add a "section definition", i.e., a name enclosed in brackets like [general] at the beginning of the file.
Then, using the ini functions from autoit, you can read, alter, delete, whatever-you-like each line of the veh files very easily.
Since each mod has his own requirements, these utilities aren't very "reusable", but they don't take more than 10 minutes do develop, and they can work out 400+ files in less than 20 secs.
Example: During conversion of the Endurance mod, I found that classes ended up being something like Classes="reiza5, Endurance option1 option2 option3 option4".
Each "option" above was some sort of string, but one of them had the string GT1, or GT2, etc, from a group of no more than 5 possibilities. Then I decided to use it as a basis to automatically group cars togheter.
Then, I wrote the following utility, and used it togheter with this batch file to process every veh under the mod's folder:

batch file:
FOR /r %%G in (*.veh) do enduracers "%%G"

Script lazily made in Autoit (compiled to "enduracers.exe", hence the name used in the batch file):
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
Global $File = $CmdLine[1]
; Read description and category
$description = IniRead($File, "general", "Description", "erro")
$driver = IniRead($File, "general", "Driver", "erro")
$category = IniRead($File, "general", "Category", "erro")
$classes= IniRead($File, "general", "Classes", "erro")
;Sets new Class
if $classes <> "erro" Then
$counter = 0
$limit = StringLen($classes)
$newclasses = '"'
For $i=1 to $limit step 1
if stringmid($classes, $i, 1) == " " then
$counter = $counter + 1
if $counter = 3 then
$newclasses = $newclasses & '"'
ExitLoop
Else
$newclasses = $newclasses & ","
EndIf
Else
$newclasses = $newclasses & stringmid($classes, $i, 1)
EndIf
Next
IniWrite($File, "general", "Classes", $newclasses)
EndIf

;Sets new description
;First 5 chars define realfeel entry
;I want the fourth element from class (i.e., GT1, GT2, LP1, etc)
$aDesc = StringSplit($newclasses, ",") ; Split the string of classes using the delimeter "," and the default flag value.
;The 4th value is our target
$limit = stringlen($aDesc[4])
$rf = "ES_GR"
Switch StringMid($aDesc[4], 1, $limit-1)
Case "ES_GT1"
$rf = "ESGT1 "
Case "ES_GT2"
$rf = "ESGT2 "
Case "ES_P1"
$rf = "ES_P1 "
Case "ES_P2"
$rf = "ES_P2 "
Case "ES_LMPC"
$rf = "ESLMP "
EndSwitch
$newdescription = '"' & $rf & $description & '"'
IniWrite($File, "general", "Description", $newdescription)

How it worked:
Every time the batch file found a veh file, it took his name and passed this as a parameter to the script above (compiled to an .exe using Autoit compile function), which in turn did his magic, reading the information, selecting the right piece of it and rewriting the classes, also adjusting description strings to support realfeel (ESGT1, ESGT2, etc).

To have the [general] section inserted into the veh files, I used the minised-gui.exe app made by Grumbel and changed the first line of every veh file (which is a common commentary string) to "[general]" without quotes. :)

Ten minutes thinking, five minutes coding, 20 secs converting. Well worth it. :)

Note: the code above is provided as an example only, don't use it without adjusting it to your scenario, as it may probably mess your mod.

Hi all,

Want better GT cars in the race club? Want to race LMP cars? Multi-class endurance style races? Then I need your help!

So, @Quickmikk2 did some converting and provided us with this. There's more cars, including some prototypes etc. For some, the BES mod we're currently using in the race clubs isn't quite up to scratch. So this thread is to do some testing of the Mikk Mix mod and see if it works for everybody, and generally whether we should be using this instead of the BES one.

I'm no expert, so I need help! Please download the mod, install it. I suggest you create a NEW INSTALL exclusively for this mod! That will remove any issues that are caused with other mods interfering and we all know what we're working with.

I'd appreciate feedback on any issues you encounter, how you think the cars handle (all classes), etc. if it works fine for you, and if you think it's worth racing in the GSC club instead of the BES mod. I've so far driven a little with all the cars under the 'ADAC GT Masters' tab, and they feel good to me, tire temps seem normal, etc and the sounds are amazing. If this mod is good, I don't see why we can't try some multi class GT/prototype club races...

Download: http://bit.ly/MEGAMIKK
Open the folder called "MIKKMIX_SERVER_GT3" and download the folder from inside there.
NOTE: When you download it, you don't need to download the track pack if you don't want it. The mod works fine without it.

Take it away, folks!

I will try to test this out tonight (not that I have a clue what I am really testing or doing :) )

Will there be a server put up for this? Maybe we can have a test night just doing practice runs, etc
If we get past the initial testing and people think it's worth testing even further then yes, I'll likely pop a test server up and arrange a night where everyone can help out.

Testing just means installing it, using it, reporting any issues you have. For example, with the BES mod some people had really high tire temps. Some people had to make changes to make the FFB feel right. Some people had issues with the dashboard of some cars, Others found the Ferrari caused glitches unless detail was on high. etc etc etc And above all I want to know if you think it's fun so we can use it in the clubs over the BES mod.

Most of this mod is a well known Endurance rfactor mod with some added cars. I have the original mod converted myself and have not had any problems yet. I had to redo the car classes as per Fernando's instructions.

So far in my conversion in terms of performance the cars seem pretty close in each class, so in theory they should be o.k for MP racing.

You will probably need to adjust the realfeel values which unless the descriptions (in the .veh file) for each car/car class have been standardised then it can get a bit messy but doable.

Most of this mod is a well known Endurance rfactor mod with some added cars. I have the original mod converted myself and have not had any problems yet. I had to redo the car classes as per Fernando's instructions.

So far in my conversion in terms of performance the cars seem pretty close in each class, so in theory they should be o.k for MP racing.

You will probably need to adjust the realfeel values which unless the descriptions (in the .veh file) for each car/car class have been standardised then it can get a bit messy but doable.
Any chance you could share the class changes you made so we all don't have to do it manually? :) Assuming you're using this mod, and not one you did by yourself. Not sure if the Mikk conversion already took care of some of this FFB for example (another thing I need to check).

Last edited:
Okay my results so far after quite a bit of testing. I am aware that this seems to be a well known mod that has been converted, however it'd be foolish of me not to test it thoroughly in GSC before getting all the non-testing race club members to download and install it and before we used it in the clubs.

I'm going through each car one by one, seeing if there are any notable issues, etc. I'm not through all of them yet, it'll take time as there are so many but I have done a crap load of them today and yesterday.

Some of these issues may be nothing and maybe will amount to nothing of worth, but I'm taking the liberty of noting everything down.

So:

1. ADAC GTMasters Chevrolet Camaro GT3 - Not a big problem, more just pointing it out that the mirrors seem a bit skewed. Still functional.

2. BMW z4 GT3 SE (It's own class) - I had to invert my FFB settings.

3. McLaren MP4-12C GT3 (It's own class) - I had to invert my FFB settings.

4. Endurance Series -> GT2 -> Aston Martin V8 Vantage - I had some slight glitches on the hood when viewing it from external camera. It wasn't a very big issue, and it only happened once. I mention it in case others come across it too.

5. Endurance Series -> GT2 -> Panoz Abruzzi - not a bug really, just a note that the visibility from inside the cockpit is really awful. I haven't checked if you can move your seat up a bit.

6. GT -> Endurance Series -> LMPC -> Oreca FLM09 - When accelerating the sounds are deafening. When on brakes, the sounds are normal. I mean this as a bug in sound levels, not just that the car makes noise :-D

7. GT -> Endurance Series -> P1 -> Acura ARX-02 - I had to invert my FFB settings.

That's it for now.

Hi Andrew

Just checked the .veh files all have a individual description for each car and each team, so each car you drive will create a realfeel entry which will probably need adjusting.

This looks like it is various mods put together, which is fine but that is why the FFB is -100 to +100 depends on the mod.

Fernando Zart posted these in his thread on conversions for the ffb values but as i said each car of every team of driver will need adjusting.:geek:

[ESGT1]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2400.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

[ESGT2]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P1]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2700.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P2]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ESLMP]
SmoothingLevel=0

It has took me hours to change all the decriptions and classes so they are tidied up with only one FFB entry per class and only one class per race. I would say this mod needs a bit of work yet for it to be easy use. :)

I know Fernando has done similar to me but i doubt we would be allowed a public release.

Hi Andrew

Just checked the .veh files all have a individual description for each car and each team, so each car you drive will create a realfeel entry which will probably need adjusting.

This looks like it is various mods put together, which is fine but that is why the FFB is -100 to +100 depends on the mod.

Fernando Zart posted these in his thread on conversions for the ffb values but as i said each car of every team of driver will need adjusting.:geek:

[ESGT1]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ESGT2]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P1]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ES_P2]
SmoothingLevel=0

[ESLMP]
SmoothingLevel=0

It has took me hours to change all the decriptions and classes so they are tidied up with only one FFB entry per class and only one class per race. I would say this mod needs a bit of work yet for it to be easy use. :)

I know Fernando has done similar to me but i doubt we would be allowed a public release.
Thanks Paul, I'll have to take a look. Never fiddled with that before, so it's a bit daunting :/ I'll give it a go. I appreciate the help you've given :thumbsup:

I've been trying to download some of these files from the link in Andrew's post at the top. I keep getting a "Temporary error, retrying" message after, say, 10% or 25% of it has downloaded. I've used Chrome, Firefox, and three different PCs.
Might be they are having some server issue. Not sure. If it persists I'll see what I can do about hosting it elsewhere or something.

Might be they are having some server issue. Not sure. If it persists I'll see what I can do about hosting it elsewhere or something.
Same here. Tried the whole night without any luck
I've now downloaded the MegaDownloader software and I'm using it. It seems to be going well. It is a heck of a lot faster - I was downloading at about 1Mb/sec in Chrome; but with this MegaDownloader software, it's coming at 6 or 7Mb/sec. Holy mackerel!

EDIT: I'll let you know how it goes. So far, it's going fast but all the files are being downloaded without being organised into their folders, and I'm getting lots and lots of error messages "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back