Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I don't think I can pay hundreds of dollars for a program( looks like 3dsmax is about 2k Au$)...my job is not in IT. I guess i have to deal with driving crappy old tracks :)
Just as curiosity, I'm a sort of a quick learner, would it take a long time to learn 3ds max?
You do amazing tracks and I'm sure you know your way around max but I can sense that each upgrade takes a lot of your time @Patrick Giranthon

all you need is 3dsimed http://www.sim-garage.co.uk and notepad https://notepad-plus-plus.org

you dont need to be a magician to convert stuff ;) you just need some time and patience
I think notepad comes pretty much with everything ( It hink I found it in my breakast cereals too) ;)
I have plenty of patience and i get very enthusiastic about learning new stuff.
I'll have a look at that link of 3dsimed.
I'm not a computer genius but i can get around,
Thanks for the links :thumbsup:

Concerning the road itself, It can be a long work. The 3D mesh has to be very specific If You want to add bumps according to Reiza standards. 5% of tracks are usable directly In terms of bumps adding. You Have to rework the mesh. And concerning texturing , 2% are usable due to small texture size and strange mapping process. So updating tracks are copy/paste for some parameters, obviously, but also some long (and sometimes boring) specific processes. And most of time you cant do them directly because of the weird things done on the original track. So I definitely dont see a track update as a simple copy/paste process. Repetitive things for sure, but mainly trying to solve problems that should not exist.
I Fully understand what Alex told me one day : "It Is most of time faster to start from zero rather than updating a track".
But I would release 1 track a year I suppose.... Because I am not Alex

I think notepad comes pretty much with everything ( It hink I found it in my breakast cereals too) ;)
I have plenty of patience and i get very enthusiastic about learning new stuff.
I'll have a look at that link of 3dsimed.
I'm not a computer genius but i can get around,
Thanks for the links :thumbsup:
I wish You a very good luck to update anything on tracks with 3dsimed. I mean GSC standards. It Is clearly IMPOSSIBLE.

I don't think I can pay hundreds of dollars for a program( looks like 3dsmax is about 2k Au$)...my job is not in IT. I guess i have to deal with driving crappy old tracks :)
Just as curiosity, I'm a sort of a quick learner, would it take a long time to learn 3ds max?
3ds Is not known to be an easy tool unfortunately. But It Is powerful. I had to learn things because of specific processes And also because of many unexpected things done on tracks initially. And I am still learning...

Last edited:
if you want to open just one gmt you can drag and drop them into 3dsimed... use import as objects funktion and select gmt there so you can import more files... if its a already working track ingame you have to decrypt the gmt files first otherwise 3dsimed cant read them...

what shaders you will use? if you want to use reiza shaders you have to save them as dxt5 with a darker alpha channel... if i remember right gimp isnt the best solution when working with dxt5 and alpha channels, photoshop would be much better there...
if you still want to use the older shaders you can save them as dxt1 but then you have to make a separate specular texture...

to use the reiza shaders you have to create a folder called "hardwareshaders" in your 3dsimed install folder... http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7d259mk1dqwnwe/hardwareshaders.rar i uploaded all the needed shaders, just download and drop the gfx files into your created folder... in 3dsimed you will be able to select shaders starting with rz ;)
best will be if you unpack a reiza track too and learn from it ;)

PATR10T is right, it seems Gimp is not handling alpha layers very well… Adobe is giving Photoshop CS2 for free for a couple years now. It is a pretty old version now but it is probably more than sufficient for editing textures. You could also continue using Gimp if you are more comfortable and just use Photoshop to export to dds (with the Nvidia plugin that you also need to download).
It seems difficult to find a link on the Adobe site, try this page:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads
It asks you to make an Adobe account right away tho...

I don't know why I'm still surprised about RD community, everyone is so helpful, Thanks for your help...
Thanks to my stubborness i manage to get the skin right with GIMP, the solution is pretty simple...
1 Flatten the image ( we get rid of trasparency from the psd template)
2 Create layer mask-> alpha channel
3 Change opacity of the layer
4 ready for dds export and Voila' ( I'm not that dumb ;))

I did install cs2 and i get an error message when i try to export in dds... I'm planning to solve that one too:cool:

Well I'm learning too! I never used Gimp but saw so many posts of people having issue with alpha layers that I thought Gimp was unable to handle them properly! :laugh: Good to know it works; I'll be able to give the right information now.

I don't know why I'm still surprised about RD community, everyone is so helpful, Thanks for your help...
Thanks to my stubborness i manage to get the skin right with GIMP, the solution is pretty simple...
1 Flatten the image ( we get rid of trasparency from the psd template)
2 Create layer mask-> alpha channel
3 Change opacity of the layer
4 ready for dds export and Voila' ( I'm not that dumb ;))

I did install cs2 and i get an error message when i try to export in dds... I'm planning to solve that one too:cool:

i think u need the nvidia plugin for cs2 t recognize dds format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies