Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I found some bugs i think.

At First, the headlight is not correct.
Here without Headlight
GRAB_000.jpg

and here with Headlight
GRAB_001.jpg

The Lights stay gray, but the edge is shining.

At second, the rearview from cockpitview has an false FOV i think.
Here the cockpitview forward
GRAB_002.jpg

and here the view back from cockpit
GRAB_003.jpg

Best Regards,
winkie

Rob Fitness updated Holden Racing Team 2015 with a new update entry:

2015 HRT cars x4

Added some decals and made changes I wanted to do but slipped my mind.

- missing decals added between windows
- brake vents to match real car

HRT Cars V1.1

V 1.51 compatible

here are the cars i have done from the HRT team this year.

If you already have my star wars / HRT liveries go and delete that folder first.

X:\GSCExtreme\GameData\Vehicles\SuperV8\SuperV8Teams\HRT 2015
X:\GSCExtreme\GameData\Vehicles\SuperV8\SuperV8Teams\HRT 2015 Star Wars

I have changed my orignal Star Wars...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Patrick Giranthon updated Caterham R500 with a new update entry:

HDV Update ; ingame adjustable st.wheel lock/rotation

Hi all,

Mod updated to version 1.02.

Updates/Fixes:

- HDV updated, now adjustable ingame steeringwheel lock/rotation, working for GSX Ex version 1.50 and above.
Default lock ingame = 14 degrees, range from 10-34.
Default rotation ingame = 540, range from 450-540.

- Showroom: added dynamic shadows under car.

Installation;
Extract folders "GameData" and "rFm" to your main directory of GSC Ex. Allow overwrite existing files if you already have a previous version of this mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry to say... But in real life, this car has more of 2 turns on the wheel (more than 720 degrees). R500 from 2002. Look at this...

http://www.stevecarter.com/r500/r500main.htm

STEERING:
Rack-and-pinion, 2.12 turns lock-to-lock. Quick release Momo steering wheel.

For me with 450-540 are fine, no problem at all. Only I say becouse if you want a realistic wheel.

Anyway, thank's a lot Rob for adding this new feature to the mod. And same for Patrick, for this superb mod.

Greetings.

I realize that this skinpack is a few years old, let alone the subject of mid90's Indycar, but before I go and try it, I take it these won't be compatible with GSCE? - now that the game itself is changed a bit on the code-level.

I'm asking because I'm on a Indy/CART binge, and I saw this mod over in the downloads section, and I'd like to run around in a few old skins for old-time's sake.

Otherwise, what are the odds of seeing a GSCE CART 1995 version ? ;)

Does anyone know how you can dictate what helmet model/template a mod uses? Its just i have downloaded an OLD rfactor mod and the helmet template used is er...antiquated and rather horrible. Any ideas if i can force the mod to assume using the same style helmet shape/template used currently by Reiza.

Does anyone know how you can dictate what helmet model/template a mod uses? Its just i have downloaded an OLD rfactor mod and the helmet template used is er...antiquated and rather horrible. Any ideas if i can force the mod to assume using the same style helmet shape/template used currently by Reiza.

If you want to replace the old helmet model with a Reiza helmet model, you have to implement them in the mod. Use 3dSimed or 3dsMax to determine the position of the helmet model. Make sure you save a pivot point for the helmet, as this is a moving part. Same goes for a steeringwheel.
Hope this helps;)

Sorry to say... But in real life, this car has more of 2 turns on the wheel (more than 720 degrees). R500 from 2002. Look at this...

http://www.stevecarter.com/r500/r500main.htm

STEERING:
Rack-and-pinion, 2.12 turns lock-to-lock. Quick release Momo steering wheel.

For me with 450-540 are fine, no problem at all. Only I say becouse if you want a realistic wheel.

Anyway, thank's a lot Rob for adding this new feature to the mod. And same for Patrick, for this superb mod.

Greetings.

Okay, for those who want the rotation settings as described above, do the following:

- Open up "Cat_R500.HDV'- file with Notepad. This file can be found in Vehicles / Cat_R500 directory.
- Scroll down to CONTROLS section, delete this whole section and paste in the following lines:

[CONTROLS]
SteeringFFBMult=0.0 // vehicle-specific multiplier by steering force feedback
SteerLockRange=( 10 , 1 , 24 )
SteerLockSetting=22
SteerLockUserSetting=4
SteeringRotation=(720, 10.0, 19)
SteeringRotationSetting=0
ABSAidLevel=0
ThrottleControlAidLevel=0
StabilityControlAidLevel=0
AutoShiftAidLevel=0
OppositeLockAidLevel=0
BrakeAidLevel=0
SpinRecoveryAidLevel=0
AutoLiftAidLevel=0
AutoBlipAidLevel=0
RearBrakeRange=(0.200, 0.005, 121)
RearBrakeSetting=24
BrakePressureRange=(0.70, 0.01, 31)
BrakePressureSetting=10
HandbrakePressRange=(2.00, 0.05, 1) // handbrake pressure
HandbrakePressSetting=0
UpshiftAlgorithm=(0.970,0.0) // fraction of rev limit to auto-upshift, or rpm to shift at (if 0.0, uses rev limit algorithm)
DownshiftAlgorithm=(0.900,0.830,0.600) // high gear downshift point, low gear downshift point, oval adjustment
AutoUpshiftGripThresh=0.44 // auto upshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
AutoDownshiftGripThresh=0.42 // auto downshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
TractionControlGrip=(0.00, 0.00) // average driven wheel grip multiplied by 1st number, then added to 2nd
TractionControlLevel=(0.00, 0.00) // TC On/Off only for this car // effect of grip on throttle for low TC and high TC
ABS4Wheel=0 // 0 = old-style single brake pulse, 1 = more effective 4-wheel ABS
ABSGrip=(0.00, 0.00) // grip multiplied by 1st number and added to 2nd
ABSLevel=(0.00, 0.00) // effect of grip on brakes for low ABS and high ABS
OnboardBrakeBias=0 // whether brake bias is allowed onboard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the ingame default lock = 32, adjustable from 10-34
and the ingame default rotation = 720, adjustable from 720-900

Grtz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements