Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Thanks gamer19 :)
that's correct, no files are overwritten, it has it's own rfm and appears as a separate set of cars in the main menu. It includes offline and online versions but no conflict with the default cars. It's all in the instructions,

but basically -
1) use MP car set if you want to race offline with all cars having same physics
or
2) use MP version for an online league, all players will need to use the same mod of course
or
3) use single player version for offline with performance differences between cars, and I recommend reading the instructions if you really want to get the best out of the offline version.

Thanks for all your work.... Greatly appreciated... IMO the visual damage model isnt up to par with the original content but the rest is top notch... Thank you very much.

Most tracks I download for GSCE are rips from games like NFS Shift and Grid so I really dont see what all the fuzz is about... its not like you are charging money for your work... most importantly you gave credit where it was due.

I started on a livery, but it seems to me that the fords look to shiny, like the alpha layer needs to be darker??? or is it just me ?

As you are the author of this skin, I think it's safe to say you can make it as shiny or matte as you want ;)

Personally, I agree about shine levels, so I've been darkening the alpha layer of most cars I've downloaded for personal use. But I don't think it's just an issue with the Ford, the original skins that came with the Holden were all extremely shiny.

Are you doing that while maintaining the different shade levels ?? I would love to know how to do it that way as I just been drawing darker pattern and losing the shade variances
What i do in the alpha channel is select everything then get the paint bucket and set the opacity to like 15% or something and select Black, and when you click on it it should make everything just a touch darker, and you can keep clicking till it gets completely black/white. It should darken everything evenly and still keep the shading correct.

I just select the alpha layer and adjust the brightness/contrast levels under image adjustment. I've never really thought it was a complicated matter, but you guys are the real painters here, so now I wonder if I've been doing it wrong.

2015-10-13_00001.jpg

Need some help please. i have placed this mod (ford addon mod) in ths vehicle folder but nothing shows up as you can see in screen shot. Can someone help me work this out. I'm using V1.38 and also V1.48beta. Can not get them to show up in either version. Yes I have changed the "classes=" in the beta version from Classes="reiza21" to Classes="Superv8". (all other skins show up ok).

Disregard this cry for help got it fixed, thank you all

Last edited:
View attachment 107839
Need some help please. i have placed this mod (ford addon mod) in ths vehicle folder but nothing shows up as you can see in screen shot. Can someone help me work this out. I'm using V1.38 and also V1.48beta. Can not get them to show up in either version. Yes I have changed the "classes=" in the beta version from Classes="reiza21" to Classes="Superv8". (all other skins show up ok).
Im assuming you put the FordV8Teams folder in the SuperV8 folder?

i dont tested the mod with the beta ;) i think adding the cars into a "beta game" isnt not the best as there can be differences... reiza is doing the beta to test content...

if you unpack the rar file you should already have the right folder structure, cant believe you dropped them into a wrong folder :D

i dont tested the mod with the beta ;) i think adding the cars into a "beta game" isnt not the best as there can be differences... reiza is doing the beta to test content...

if you unpack the rar file you should already have the right folder structure, cant believe you dropped them into a wrong folder :D

Hey we all can make mistakes especially if your not very computer savvy like the rest of you.

a lot people just upload the mod folder so people with not that knowledge could put them on a wrong place... since my first mod i upload the complete folder structure to avoid this problem... just unpack and drop the unpacked folder into your game install...

good that you found the problem and solved it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back