Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I believe that Reiza have done 1 sound with the SuperV8.
We will release what we are provided by Reiza which will be 1 sound for all 5 Cars.
We may down the track look at individual sounds.
If anyone wants to offer some time to create individual sounds let me know.

We are trying to fine tune the models and try get them in game for testing.

Many thanks for your reply, I do hope you or the community can arrange to have individual sounds for each car type at some point in the future, the Volvo being especially different (not to mention my personal fave!). But of course I fully appreciate these things take time, good luck with your project I am very much looking forward to it.

P.S.I have Video (Sound is decent enough!) & Pictures from last years Bathurst & Gold Coast and this years Barbagallo & Hidden Valley events if you need any reference material, I'll be happy to oblige :)

Can you confirm that the track is installed at the correct path. It should be

Code:
..\Stock Car Extreme\GameData\Locations\Bathurst\Bathurst2010

Could you generate a trace.txt log file and we can trouble shoot this issue assuming you have the correct path.

Open the properties of your shortcut to the GSC executable and add the following
e.g.: "D:\Games\Stock Car Extreme\GSC.exe" trace=3

If you use steam you add the " trace=3" to "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" that you find when you right click the GSC entry in the Steam games list and choose properties.

This will generate the log file and save it to your LOG folder under the UserData folder.

Code:
..\Stock Car Extreme\UserData\LOG\trace.txt

I will certainly do this, but it will have to wait at least until tomorrow - thanks for your suggestions. (I love Bathurst.)

I do have it installed in the correct "location". I do not have it under steam, but have it installed as a standalone.
Lance

I will certainly do this, but it will have to wait at least until tomorrow - thanks for your suggestions. (I love Bathurst.)

I do have it installed in the correct "location". I do not have it under steam, but have it installed as a standalone.
Lance

Did it tonight.
Trace.txt, but edited out all the lines dealing with cars not selected as not part of filter (1729, I think was the message #):

TRACE LEVEL = 3
NetComm.cpp 11276: NetComm checking command line: "trace=3"
game.cpp 1330: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 562: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2591: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\CART_EXTREME\1998\LOLA_TEAMS\DAVIS RACING\MEIER.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)

gamestats.cp 920: RaceCast Location set to: racecast.rfactor.net
plrfile.cpp 1955: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Lance Saint Paul\Lance Saint Paul.TMP
plrfile.cpp 1988: Retcode: -1 for renaming to USERDATA\Lance Saint Paul\Lance Saint Paul.PLR
vidman.cpp 1270: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 3568: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 737: Entered DynMan::Enter()
ReizaGSC.cpp 207: Entered ReizaGSC::Enter()
ReizaGSCPLRD 64: Disabling manual Hardware Plugin control.
ReizaGSCPLRD 128: RFM Limit not found.
ReizaGSCPLRD 310: CCH file protection patch not found.
ReizaGSC.cpp 269: Unable to remove player file protections
RFEHWInput.h 1316: Additional Hardware input component successfuly initialised.
sound.cpp 865: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 7989: Entered HWInput::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 7990: HKL=0x04090409
onscreen.cpp 2150: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 1429: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 8034: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 2036: Entered Options::Setup()
O_AppObj.cpp 2885: Initiate options object creation
O_OSC.cpp 2652: Entered Options_OSC_Reader::ReadOSC()
vidman.cpp 1038: Trying to Play Bink File: MOVIEFILES\ISILogo.bik
vidman.cpp 1038: Trying to Play Bink File: MOVIEFILES\reiza04.bik
vidman.cpp 1038: Trying to Play Bink File: MOVIEFILES\PreGame.bik
vidman.cpp 1134: Bink file video play success
tire_manager 1258: Non-existent tire brand ""
O_OSC.cpp 2731: Exited Options_OSC_Reader::ReadOSC()
)
O_AppObj.cpp 2948: Options object creation successful
vehgfx.cpp 1004: Vehicle gen token "1" unknown
specialfx.cp 3574: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp 7446: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp 765: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp 878: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 2156: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp 1447: Entered Vidman::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 2634: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 1955: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Lance Saint Paul\Lance Saint Paul.TMP
plrfile.cpp 1988: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\Lance Saint Paul\Lance Saint Paul.PLR
gamestats.cp 938: RaceCast Version: 1.000
game.cpp 1472: Entered Game::Init()
game.cpp 1483: got past replayman init
game.cpp 1485: got past replayfridgeman init
vidman.cpp 1495: Entered VidMan::Init()

Did it tonight.

Hummm Ok so its crashing right at the point the track should start to load... I am guessing you have some kind of shaders issue.

Is it possible you have loose shader files in your "Shared" folder. They might have come from a mod or a track you have installed in the past.

I believe you should have only one file in your shared folder.... commonmaps.mas

Other things to consider.. check you are using DX9 (from the config tool). Make sure you have the track details at max and turn the shadows off (for trouble shooting).

It should be working from what I can see.

Edit... what do you mean your instal is stand alone? Are you sure your game is up to date with the latest release version of GSC?

Last edited:
A bit harsh maybe in your score but I agree this is not the best of the converted tracks available for GSCE. The converted version available for AC is a little better with more elevation change at the start of the lap and the "modern" version of the esses which makes it seem much more up-to-date to me.

I have also walked the track and driven around the public parts and it is surprising how most of the sim versions seem to think the first section up to Dunlop is pretty flat when it is actually quite a steep walk up.

Kevin

I have also walked the track and driven around the public parts and it is surprising how most of the sim versions seem to think the first section up to Dunlop is pretty flat when it is actually quite a steep walk up.
Kevin
It sure is and try lugging a camera bag packed with lenses and cameras plus a 500 f4 Nikkor lens along for the journey - it is steep - and also once past the bridge it is a steepish decline too ;-)

My first post here since registering and supporting the SCE crowdfunding. Got to thank Patrick for the amazing mods he's done for this game, specifically CART Extreme and the V8 Supercar tracks! I do have one request that I'd like to see as far as tracks are concerned, and that would be Symmons Plains!

Hummm Ok so its crashing right at the point the track should start to load... I am guessing you have some kind of shaders issue.

Is it possible you have loose shader files in your "Shared" folder. They might have come from a mod or a track you have installed in the past.

I believe you should have only one file in your shared folder.... commonmaps.mas

Other things to consider.. check you are using DX9 (from the config tool). Make sure you have the track details at max and turn the shadows off (for trouble shooting).

It should be working from what I can see.

Edit... what do you mean your instal is stand alone? Are you sure your game is up to date with the latest release version of GSC?
I mean not Steam. I use the Sync program to keep it up to date.
I will check the other items - I am using DX9. I will try turning shadows off & will check the Shared folder.
Thanks again!

I mean not Steam. I use the Sync program to keep it up to date.
I will check the other items - I am using DX9. I will try turning shadows off & will check the Shared folder.
Thanks again!
Ah yes, the Shared folder! Coreshaders.mas is now the only item there. I had quite a few other files there including 2 other subfolders. Saved the others to a backup folder & perhaps I will try adding them back one at a time to see how it goes. BUT as soon as I removed all but the one, Bathurst loaded and appeared. Thanks again for your help & a great track to race on!!!
Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play