Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

@Barney68 , @Angelq117, this is quite weird, but where do I locate the F1_2015 series/cars in-game? I've run simsync already and see them in '...\GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles\F_Extreme\F12015' but in-game I don't see them. Under Formula Extreme, I only see F1 2014, and I have another F1 2014, but don't see any F1 2015.

Also, @Barney68, I noticed in this same folder that I don't have Williams_77 set under Teams, only Williams_99.

FWIW, I've tried using the stock UI and Angelq117's UI too (w/ Controller Steering in the Rates window).

@Joel Locsin - are you on the F Extreme "Page" in-game? Many mods are assigned to already existing rfms or "pages". Example many of the downloadable mods use the rfm file for the Mini series. So when you are on the Mini "page", there are many other mods on that "page" as well. The 2015 mod has its' own rfm file or "page". Use the right arrow (>) to move through the "pages" till you get to the Metal Moro "Page". Use the left arrow (<) to navigate back 1 or 2 pages, depending on whether or not you have the Shift mod synced. The "page" will either still have the Metal Moro picture, or it will be blank. Let us know whether or not this helps.

FraPP!!!

This is so much fuss for something so small. As creator of the mod why don't you make whole new update consisted of all this you mentioned above?

I am not new to rF files or GSC which are pretty much the same in structure. I have created myself whole teams. Changed physics. Played with graphics, what not. I understand the parameters etc. But this is ... do this , overwrite that, etc. Too much fuss for something so simple. Simple but yet bit confusing. Not that is, sorry, but i cannot bother to search that beta file then trying if it is okay or not then coming back again asking 'stupid questions' and so on... trying to understand how all works

Mod is awesome and this is such an easy solving problem it's a shame people need to solve it on their own.

I have installed the mod. Cars were white. I have been told to apply the beta files. I did so. Again its not working. Some people dont have time for this.

Not for me i will solve it, but for the rest of them out there, please do update so this is solved with 1 click.

@Joel Locsin - are you on the F Extreme "Page" in-game? Many mods are assigned to already existing rfms or "pages". Example many of the downloadable mods use the rfm file for the Mini series. So when you are on the Mini "page", there are many other mods on that "page" as well. The 2015 mod has its' own rfm file or "page". Use the right arrow (>) to move through the "pages" till you get to the Metal Moro "Page". Use the left arrow (<) to navigate back 1 or 2 pages, depending on whether or not you have the Shift mod synced. The "page" will either still have the Metal Moro picture, or it will be blank. Let us know whether or not this helps.

FraPP!!!
Yes @Frapp Lee , I even tried using both UI's. Using stock UI, under F1 Extreme, I only see F1 2014. Using the mod UI, I only see F1 2014 and F1 Extreme with the Extreme cars only. No sign of F1 2015.

Joel - did you "scroll" through the different "pages" to the Metal Moro "page" and then go back 1 or 2 pages? You will NOT find it on the same page as the F Extreme or 2014 mod.
Yes, scrolled around using Stock UI, started at Karts, press 'right' arrow, and went through several types of cars (Karts, Metalmoro, F3, Stock Cars, Camaro, F Extreme, F classic, Retro, etc..... then back to Karts)... no F1 2015. Though it's in my gamedata\vehicles\F_Extreme. Funny too that the Williams folder doesn't have the Williams_77 (w/c I saw from Barneys page above), only Williams_19.

Using Angel's mod UI to capture screens I see in-game:

Not sure if this is the same F1 2015 as I don't see Marussia, and skins for this set exists for 2 Williams, even if I don't have Williams_77 in my gamedata, so I'm guessing this is a different set.

...and here's the screenshot of how F_Extreme looks like. @Angelq117, am I supposed to see the F1_2014 series in here (as they appear in under F1_Extreme in gamedata), or as a separate main item? If the latter, you'll see from the 'main' screenshot above that no F1_2014 appears.

Anyway, sorry to everyone for too many posts, as I just wanted to show how it appears in my setup.

Thank you to all the people that must have worked long and hard to create the intricate detail included in this car. It is simply a work of art. Thanks must go to those involved in the conversion, it is clear that quality was a priority and I appreciate your time and effort.

If I may contribute. I have extensively tested the car on several gsce stock tracks using a TM T500rs. Logging the telemetry while pushing the car to its limits I have found using Motec that the average maximum steering arm force falls in a range of 2400 N. With this in mind I suggest the following Realfeel settings. I recommend +/-100% in game ffb strength and medium (or low) effects with this car.

[Alpin]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=2400.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=0
Kf=11500.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=3.000000

I would like to make one more recommendation however this one will cause online miss matches unless all the players use the same hdv file.

Find this in the A364.HDV and set the value to 1.0
[CONTROLS]
SteeringFFBMult=0.0

Last edited:
This is so much fuss for something so small. As creator of the mod why don't you make whole new update consisted of all this you mentioned above?

I am not new to rF files or GSC which are pretty much the same in structure. I have created myself whole teams. Changed physics. Played with graphics, what not. I understand the parameters etc. But this is ... do this , overwrite that, etc. Too much fuss for something so simple. Simple but yet bit confusing. Not that is, sorry, but i cannot bother to search that beta file then trying if it is okay or not then coming back again asking 'stupid questions' and so on... trying to understand how all works

Not for me i will solve it, but for the rest of them out there, please do update so this is solved with 1 click.

I think you are somewhat confused, I am not the creator of the mod...Patrick34 is and Angelq has converted it and left us with these problems as it stands. I have only passed on what I did to resolve the livery issues.
upload_2015-6-18_21-0-9.png

I went out of my way to provide people with a detailed explanation and provide a simple 20mb download with all relevant files that only needs a simple copy and paste operation to resolve the white liveries. This meant you would not have to search for and download the rFactor mod. Given your skills, this should have been a quick and easy resolution for you.

Hopefully some people did find this useful. If you did not, then let's hope Angelq provides you with a fix shortly.

@Joel Locsin - You will not see Marussia's with the F12015 mod...for some reason they refuse to show even though the files exist...I have not been able to track down the problem yet! I can only think the sync messed you files about a bit...did you try the HTTP tip I posted above as this proved a more reliable download for me? Set up a clean install, copy the sync files to the GSCE directory and run sync using HTTP method. You will still have to use my post to deal with the white liveries but hopefully this will sort it for you. If not, from here I cannot help...this all works for me.

The files should appear in in Extreme folder and under F12015 as per my screenies. Your screenshot using the custom UI did not look out of place..F1 2015 Championship...they are not in Extreme once in game.

However, I have provided a link below to the F1 2015 and F1 2014 mods from my install directory...should put everything in the right place and it also includes the livery fixes on the 2015 cars. :D

Beware it is a 1.07GB. It does not include the trackpack but I can post this as well if you cannot get the sync to work for these.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zV01XAaR!Os3h7LXkSUNtj4HVF_kMOYrY1xIUuxpzEsxjmORRwp4

Download and copy the folders into the root directory of your install and hopefully this will sort you out. Not quite one-click by as close as damn it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back