Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

@martinsalat Thanks for your concerns, there is no need to go on now. Consider the matter over unless you are the creator of the mod, in which case see our terms of service here, you'll find RD is very good about legal vs illegal mods, even to our own downfall in the past. Note I am not dismissing this and not caring, I am simply saying this is the end of discussion in this thread about this legal/illegal matter, use the proper channels if you are the owner. Thank you.

I see Andrew has just posted, but I started to create this post, so I'll finish it. :)

Just a reminder of RD's TOS here, I have highlighted critical parts of this section :-

If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. The fastest and easiest way to notify RaceDepartment of alleged copyright infringement is to either use the “report” button, located under each forum post or resource file

Full TOS here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/pages/terms-of-service/

Sim Mods are like fan fiction to my mind. They enhance everyone's enjoyment of the product and foster more enthusiasm for sim racing overall. Win, win for everyone.

I applaud the etiquette of contacting the original content creators and asking their permission first. It's a proper way of acknowledging their work. Sometimes that isn't possible though. As long as the effort has been made to contact or track the original creators then due diligence has been addressed.

And as the RD policy states, if I as an individual saw a MOD that was being distributed without the creator's consent, I would contact the creator and let him deal with it. Spamming a thread with a proclamation of foul smacks of egotism.

But that's just me.

Also in the TOS: All users should refrain from dragging out heated discussions in the public forums.

Lou, with respect, I don't see any reason for your post except to drag the discussion out further.

As I kindly requested in my last post, let's make that the end of it please before it gets out of hand.

Hi Patrick, thanks for this mod.
I'm trying it out, but here the Porsches are behaving like fwd cars, i.e., when I push the pedal during a curve, it goes understeer, not oversteer. Aren't they supposed to be just the opposite?
Cheers. Nice skins, btw. Love that Gulf.

Hi guys! I've been playing multiplayer on GSC for a few weeks, and i enjoyed it a lot, but then i wanted to try to drive the DTM's on multiplayer with friends and I wasn't able to make it happen. We've been playing creating an online room on the multiplayer options and this, in our case those not permit to play mods. So my question is: I suppose that we have to configure the dedicated server to be able to play with mods, the THING is that when we configure the server, everytime says Join Timed Out when we've already oppened ports. What do we have to do?

If someone could help us we would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much!

Hi Patrick, thanks for this mod.
I'm trying it out, but here the Porsches are behaving like fwd cars, i.e., when I push the pedal during a curve, it goes understeer, not oversteer. Aren't they supposed to be just the opposite?
Cheers. Nice skins, btw. Love that Gulf.
In this video the car doesn't really oversteer in curve even with full power. Seems to be a well balanced car as we have ingame. But if you push it a bit, it becomes a festival of slides ^^ (I mean in game)
But I dont own such a car so there can be imperfection in the mod. Anyway, it is a lot of fun.

Last edited:
If wanted by anyone I can put together a viewer and quick wireframe template with correct alpha if needed......just have to give me a few hours as I'm working and will fit it in during breaks etc.

Thanks very much for the Photoshop 3D viewer for the Extreme templates ML2166. Very handy indeed.

Wondering why the view of the 3D model will always snap back to it's original position if I rotate then let the mouse button go? Is there something I need to change in Photoshop? Running CS6.

If you don't mind, and only if you have time, do you think that you might be able to make one up for the new Formula 3 template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes