Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hi this is atm my favourite sim out of the lineup that is there. Anyways i love driving street cars in sims, idk something about them feels soo good when i try them... Anyways can anyone pm me any street cars that are good and already exist as a mod, also can i request more street cars, if i had to pick my favourite to be made i would say a 2013 Dodge viper SRT

Thanks for reading

Kudos to those involved with porting this MOD - and especially PixSim for giving their blessing! :cool:

Noticed two entries in the RealFeelPlug,ini - Alpin and A364. Are these both for this MOD - assume the Alpin is the first iteration? If so which entry should be used in RealFeel?

The feeling of this car is so different than the F3s. The FFB kicks after the turn is initiated. I realize this car has minimal down force but wanted to confirm with others the FFB feeling they are getting with the car.

PS - those suggested sound changes in Player file are awesome! This car sounds amazing!

Great fun!

Hi Lou, my conversion uses [Alpin] as the entry for realfeel.
My perception of FFB in this mod (and in GSCE in general) is that there's no "kick in after the turn", i.e., the FFB is there all the time, for all cars/mods. I'm not sure what you mean, I imagine you may be talking about a loose feeling when the wheel is centered? If so, you may want to adjust your wheel settings. If you have a G25/27, I can help sending you my config so you may try. Just let me know.
Cheers.

Hey paul. I have a quick random question. Ive been reading around about upgrade cubemaps that someone made for rfactor. They made the paint on cars look so much better. My question is, Is there a way I could incorporate the cubemaps from this mod into another mod to get the same shine these cars have? This mod has one of if not the best reflections out of any rfactor conversion. I would love to see these reflections on other mods. I know the cubemaps are located in the mas files. but me extracting them and putting them in other cars mas files do nothing

Hey paul. I have a quick random question. Ive been reading around about upgrade cubemaps that someone made for rfactor. They made the paint on cars look so much better. My question is, Is there a way I could incorporate the cubemaps from this mod into another mod to get the same shine these cars have? This mod has one of if not the best reflections out of any rfactor conversion. I would love to see these reflections on other mods. I know the cubemaps are located in the mas files. but me extracting them and putting them in other cars mas files do nothing
Hi Jok3sta

Unfortunately I dont know that much about graphics, i'm only really interested in the physics side of modding that's the part i love to learn and play about with. As I have limited time to mod anyway I cant really see me having the time or skills to get into the graphics side.

I know someone is working on bringing a rfactor mod up to GSCE standards and it is a lot more involving than you think. Really you probably need a Yoda of graphics to teach you the ways.

Physics is different as its all about perception and feel and I like teaching myself the cause and effect of the various settings.

Keith, I was wondering if you were interested in '75 talent files made with a strictly scientific method? I calculated the speed values based on the qualification only (Montjuich being an exception for the drivers who didn't care to qualify properly). For example, it makes Jarier 8th fastest instead of a backmarker. I adjusted aggression and min values (for those who use AI limiter) accordingly.

thank you for this looks great... argh decisions, decisions, on what combination to run lol :D
Thanks for comment, Rob. :)
All thanks to the base textures by Reiza Team.
Watching the on-board videos on YouTube, each team has its own unique cockpit, and I wanted to enjoy the atmosphere of some of them in-game.
I'm glad if we can share the pleasure of Formula Vee car driving. :)
Thanks again!

Hi Jyri, yes, I would be very interested in trying a more accurate set of files thanks. I always like to keep adding improvements in the AI behaviour & anything that makes them closer to their actual form :)

Hi Jok3sta

Unfortunately I dont know that much about graphics, i'm only really interested in the physics side of modding that's the part i love to learn and play about with. As I have limited time to mod anyway I cant really see me having the time or skills to get into the graphics side.

I know someone is working on bringing a rfactor mod up to GSCE standards and it is a lot more involving than you think. Really you probably need a Yoda of graphics to teach you the ways.

Physics is different as its all about perception and feel and I like teaching myself the cause and effect of the various settings.
ahh ok. thanks anyway. Physics are more important anyway. I was just curious because of the differnce in mod quality.

I have a bunch of track that havent been updated to the latest standard. I was wondering what steps need to be taken to update the tracks?

Me too, I'd really like some kind soul like Patrick or someone who knows the procedure, to give us a run down of it.
It's a shame that so many of our personally converted tracks, and many others that have been done with original permission, are unable to benefit from the enhancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes