Steering Wheel and Coiled Cable

TrailSlide

25RPM
May 21, 2016
For those who are using direct drive wheels, how do you route the usb cable from the steering wheel button box?

I have the SRC GT1 wheel
The only issue is the coiled usb cable, on a long counter steer situation, the cable always catch in front of the shifter paddle and get tangled up.
It's esp. a problem for me since i'm using VR.

I tried to mount the cable a couple different ways but can't solve this issue.

Any tips on how to deal with this?

is there a way to connect the button box using bluetooth?

anton_Chez

2000RPM
Jun 1, 2016
I have the same rim and button box, just recently purchased. I haven't had an issue yet but I understand what you mean. I will have a play with mounting and routing the cable a few different ways over the weekend. A spacer should definitely help.

ThugUK

500RPM
Feb 27, 2015
I have the Accuforce V2 DD wheel and the first day I used it I ripped the end off the cable when I powered it on and it caught on the paddle going through it calibration sequence.
I now remove the wheel before I power it on and never had the issue again.

Ceolmor

250RPM
Premium
Apr 9, 2015
I have a DD wheel and the same steering wheel and button box, no spacer and no QR, and have never had any issues with the USB cable. The coiled part of the USB cable hangs loose and the straight cable is attached to the rig underneath and towards the rear of the DD servo. Best described with photos.

IMG_1198.JPG

I then have the steering wheel USB cable plugged into a USB extension cable, which could pull out if too much force was exerted on the cable.
IMG_1199.JPG

This has worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: EsxPaul

anton_Chez

2000RPM
Jun 1, 2016
I'm finding I have to do this to. Secure the plug so the rotating rim in a crash doesn't pull out the USB connection. I think letting it hang loose like that is a good option for this cable. It's shorter than my old one and that negates the need to hang it over the shaft.