Steam

Attempt

Just had a chat message from someone I don't know inviting me to a web page with a steam login. Sure I did not login!

Attached are some screen captures from both the chat (so you can see the name of the Steam user - "Brazzers # juKa") as well as the page referred to.

The user was online for some time but just now went off line! Guess he was waiting for me to login on the page trying to steal my id and password.
Bummer!!!!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    8 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.png
    2.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 223
Can't you make the group invite only - that way people would need to PM an admin of the RD steam community if they wanted to join. If we only allowed racing club members to join then there wouldn't be a problem at all :)

Luckily Firefox bloks his website :)

When you say to steam that your accounts has been hacked and all that, will you only retrieve the games you can document back? Because i have bought alot over the steam shop, and i didn't save any emails.
So will my CS's games keys work to retrieve or? just to know if it happens to me aswell someday.

Luckily Firefox bloks his website :)

When you say to steam that your accounts has been hacked and all that, will you only retrieve the games you can document back? Because i have bought alot over the steam shop, and i didn't save any emails.
So will my CS's games keys work to retrieve or? just to know if it happens to me aswell someday.

As long as you don't accept chat requests from random people or go on different websites entering your steam details you wont ever have a problem.

If you paid with paypal/credit card you would be able to show them the transactions to prove you bought it.

Can't you make the group invite only - that way people would need to PM an admin of the RD steam community if they wanted to join. If we only allowed racing club members to join then there wouldn't be a problem at all :)

Because I thought the best option was to leave and as requested some members followed, A member called "racethewtcc" is now admin and he/she seems never to be on.

So it may be a case that we see if the Steam community can be claimed back via Steam or we start again.

Please observe the following procedure to uninstall Steam and any game content from your machine:
  1. Exit Steam
  2. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel
  3. Open the Add or Remove Programs dialog
  4. Select Steam from the list and click the Change/Remove button
  5. Select the Automatic option and click Next
  6. Click Finish to uninstall Steam
If the normal process to uninstall Steam does not work, you may have inadvertently damaged your Steam installation. To uninstall Steam, you may first be required to re-install Steam to repair the installation before it may be removed.

The latest Steam installer can be found on the Get Steam Now page.
If all of the above options fail to assist you in uninstalling Steam, you can still remove your Steam files and registry entries manually.

If all of the above options fail to assist you in uninstalling Steam, you can still remove your Steam files and registry entries manually.

Yep, had to do that and alls good now, the Steam site tells you which files to delete from registry. Had Steam installed on a different drive than C:
Now can someone tell me how to get all my Limewire downloads back off the dead drive :=(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back