F1 2012 Steam or CD???

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,

Just a quick question before i go and buy F1 2012. Is it better to get it on a CD or through Steam.
I have F12011 through Steam, and i found it pretty annoying to have to download it again if one of the mods interfered with the game.

Is there a big difference at all? Only reason im really asking is becuase its cheaper through Steam, but not by a huge deal...

Thanks.

I have F12011 through Steam, and i found it pretty annoying to have to download it again if one of the mods interfered with the game.
Thanks.

Two thing really, always keep backups of the files or folders that are modded, or use a Modmanager to install and remove mods.

If you have done none of the above, and the mod has broken the game you right click on the game in Steam > Properties > Local File > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This will ONLY download the files that you have modded or that are missing or broken. So it's not the whole game again.

Finally if you don't want the game to be automatically updated or patched, then go to Steam > Properties > Updates > Select 'Don't automatically update this game'. Doing this will probably prevent you playing online with an un-patched game, but then it's your choice whether to install it or not.

EDIT: You can buy the DVD, use the DVD code to add the game to your Steam account, then download the whole game and install in Steam, having never used the DVD at all. There is plenty of choice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back