Start Career with Top Teams Mod!

hi there first of all i put your database and i create new profile as you said. But there is an issue, there is only 3 cars ( Marrusia,Caterham and HRT) to choose in test driver mode which need to be done to play carrer mode but this is impossible to make 297kmh on first corner test pls help cos in original database there was mclaren etc..and there was no problem to pass the test driver mode. And pls dont tell me that i drive slow cos those cars like marrusia hrt and caterham are not able to make that kind of speed that is required.
Greetings from Poland
conferm, no good mod ! Sorry

Just follow instructions i wrote here : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/start-career-with-any-team-mod.56278/ Even trained monkey can do that.

1. Backup database.bin
2. Edit database.bin following my instructions (choose team you want to play with and SWAP its ID !!! with MARRUSIA team) with latest Ryder database editor found here http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/. Save. Overwrite old database.bin with your edited one (dont forget to backup original!)
3. START NEW PROFILE and do young driver test Day 1 WITH RED BULL OR FERRARI!
4. Exit young driver test after day 1 and Start your career.

If someone cant follow this then i really dont know how make it easier....

Just follow instructions i wrote here : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/start-career-with-any-team-mod.56278/ Even trained monkey can do that.

1. Backup database.bin
2. Edit database.bin following my instructions (choose team you want to play with and SWAP its ID !!! with MARRUSIA team) with latest Ryder database editor found here http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/. Save. Overwrite old database.bin with your edited one (dont forget to backup original!)
3. START NEW PROFILE and do young driver test Day 1 WITH RED BULL OR FERRARI!
4. Exit young driver test after day 1 and Start your career.

If someone cant follow this then i really dont know how make it easier....
thx

I don't think this is a good way to edit starting career teams.
Engine manufacturer, engine upgrade path, basic engine settings ... are not correct after this.
( U can search for every instance relating to team id and correct it manually but that's not the proper way to do it and it takes too long to do it).
If u check the states.bin file there are entries for the 6 career starting teams u can edit easily but some teams will appear locked in the menu even if the basic ones were unlocked, so i'm tryin to find the part of the code which determines which teams are unlocked and when.

I don't think this is a good way to edit starting career teams.
Engine manufacturer, engine upgrade path, basic engine settings ... are not correct after this.
( U can search for every instance relating to team id and correct it manually but that's not the proper way to do it and it takes too long to do it).
If u check the states.bin file there are entries for the 6 career starting teams u can edit easily but some teams will appear locked in the menu even if the basic ones were unlocked, so i'm tryin to find the part of the code which determines which teams are unlocked and when.

Good luck editing f1_2012. exe :) since unlocking other teams is hardcoded in career mode which seems to be part of exe code...
Those 6 starting teams are all unlockable by 3 gold medals you gain when you complete both days on gold medals.
So far this is the easiest way to unlock team you preffer, when i found it out yesterday i wasnt looking if it affect anything else, which, ofc, is pretty likely.

I suppose (didnt find any) there isnt any mod like that for 2011 so it wont be any easier to do in 2012. If anyone finds something like "all team unlocked at the start of season" for 2011 where everything works like it should, please link.

Anyway, its still a mystery for me to undertand why CM made this BS with starting teams, not allowing career with your preffered team from the start (ofc there could be an option to start from worse teams to best ones like in vanilla game)...

I noticed the performance drop with the teams I swapped.

I think the best thing to do is just select one team (it will become complicated if you want more than one team) you want to drive for and swap the IDs in the database accordingly (I swapped Force India for Lotus). Possibly someone could make a package with different databases for which ever team you want to drive for.

EDIT: The team home race and engine home race is wrong.

Does anyone know exactly what has to be changed so everything is absolutely correct?

In database u'll have to modify those rows:
  • ai_engine_power_per_tier
  • ai_performance_variation_tier1
  • ai_performance_variation_tier2
  • ai_performance_variation_tier3
  • ai_performance_variation_tier4
  • ai_performance_variation_tier5
  • canned_events_team_modifiers
  • f1teams
  • f1teams_team_stats
  • f1teams_upgrade_paths
  • time_trial_arcade_scenarios
That's only the database.bin file quick look , there is surely more things to modify in other files but this should fix the most evident things :)

hi there first of all i put your database and i create new profile as you said. But there is an issue, there is only 3 cars ( Marrusia,Caterham and HRT) to choose in test driver mode which need to be done to play carrer mode but this is impossible to make 297kmh on first corner test pls help cos in original database there was mclaren etc..and there was no problem to pass the test driver mode. And pls dont tell me that i drive slow cos those cars like marrusia hrt and caterham are not able to make that kind of speed that is required.
Greetings from Poland
This problem occurs to me, you may solve thanks

i have some questions on this please
after using your modded bin file and i choose Mclaren

1 - will car have same power levels has the Mclaren
2 - when in garage will it be the Mclaren garage
3 - when pitting will it be the Mclaren pit crew
4 - will team m8 still be either JB or LH
5 - will all data screens show you are in Mclaren

As others have said, it it impossible to get past the young driver test because it swaps out the teams available to you with this mod enabled. Your solution also does not work. Thanks for the effort...but no thanks..

CoryG35
use the caterham, pass the first day of test it will unlock the 3 teams
McLaren Ferrari RedBull and there no loss of power. When U get to the
BiG Teams then it becomes tougher to pass like the real thing.
:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back