Spice up your Game Stock Car Extreme install

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SweetFX Game Stock Car Formula Truck.jpg

Reiza Studios released a plugin file via our resource manager to spice up both your Game Stock Car Extreme and/or Formula Truck game 2013.

Reiza Studios' SweetFX graphical plugin 1.4 comes with some new recommended settings and can be applied to both their PC racing simulations by placing the file in the game folder.

The plugin comes with a small performance hit (depending on your hardware) and might not work for everyone. It will also overwrite default d3d9.dll.

The subtle settings add a mild HDR effect, better contrast and color balance to the original graphics of both games giving it an overall better look and immersion.

Download the plugin directly from our resource manager here.

Looks good but think i didnt install it (i did but its not there i think) hitting Scroll lock dont change a thing. I have in FTruck now a Folder sweetFX in this folder i have also this d3d9... but this i have also in a seperat folder (from the trackmap plugin) is this correct or did i install sweetFx in wrong folder ?

Question:
If I hit scroll lock in game, switch off the plugin...turn off the game, and then turn it on again.
In this case, sweetFx will be on again?

Because honestly I dont know when is on or off. :rolleyes:
There is a difference when I hit scroll lock, but I dont know which one is on or off.

Also...can I use this same settings on my rFactor I instalation, It will work?
Just dropping this folder in there?

Last edited:
i dont think u can have both rfdynhud and trackmap working simultaneously

@Peter Stokman yes the folder were the game is installed.
I have rfdynhud and trackmap working together, but I just turn off trackmap (with 0 numpad key). Nonetheless, I guess what I meant was will this work while still having either rfdynhud or trackmap work? If so, how should I set up the d3d9.dlls concerned? Thanks.

could u share how you've done it?
sweetfx suit has its own d3d9.dll but it will load any other external wrapper. i have it working with rfdynhud:
It´s already set to work with the trackmap. For other plugins, check the bottom section of SweetFX_settings.txt included in the package:

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
/ Misc settings /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/
// You can load and chain other DirectX wrappers (ENB, Helix, Windower...)
// If the external wrapper is already named d3d9.dll, rename it into
// something else like "d3d9_enb.dll"

#define external_d3d9_wrapper = d3d9_sweetfx.dll

In the case of this package, d3d9_sweetfx.dll is actually the trackmap plugin, which you might be able to replace for rfdynhud.

could u share how you've done it?
sweetfx suit has its own d3d9.dll but it will load any other external wrapper. i have it working with rfdynhud:
Ok, I should have edited my trackmap.ini to point to d3d9_rfdynhud.dll.
BTW, correction again...when I said I press numpad 0, it turns off rfdynhud map (not trackmap). :) So I have rfdynhud info and trackmap. Sweetfx works now. Thanks.

Joel (or anyone who has it working), could you give more detail on using rfDynHUD and SweetFX together? Here is what I have currently:
  • Base GSC install (includes d3d9.dll for trackmap)
  • Renamed original d3d9.dll to d3d9_2.dll and installed rfDynHUD (working)
How do I add SweetFX to this mix? SweetFX contains both d3d9.dll and d3d9_sweetfx.dll. What do I rename exactly? I tried a few combinations but I'm just getting crashes.

Edit: I figured it out. The key insight is that d3d9_sweetfx.dll is just the original trackmap d3d9.dll renamed. So I discarded that one and renamed the rfDynHUD file to d3d9_rfdynhud.dll before installing sweetfx. Then I edited SweetFX_settings.txt to point to d3d9_rfdynhud.dll instead of d3d9_sweetfx.dll.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back