Cars Speedometer needle doesn't follow the same angle as the empty/null/dummy that is the parent of it

Hey everyone, I am trying to finish my Midget II mod but I can't get over this really mind-boggling problem that I am struggling to fix for the last 5 hours.

I made the car in Blender so obviously I would do the dummies/empties in Blender too. How I set it up in Blender (you can see every axis is set up just as the Kunos car modding pipeline suggests):
image.png

How it moves in-game:
image2.png

It slightly goes inside the tachometer model. (Correction: I now remade the needle with zero rotation and now it rotates in its own angle on the Z-axis like it's rolling)

I feel like I've tried everything: apply rotation, scale, parent inverse, clear parent, add new parent etc but still the same case.

Can you help me fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
You do have different object names, right? Like the empty is SPEED_NEEDLE and the mesh is Speedneedle or something? Cause it does need to be the empty named in the analog_instruments.ini and if they ended up the same it could be picking wrong.

Last edited:
You do have different object names, right? Like the empty is SPEED_NEEDLE and the mesh is Speedneedle or something? Cause it does need to be the empty named in the analog_instruments.ini and if they ended up the same it could be picking wrong.
EDIT: OHHHH IT WORKED! I was stupid enough to use the name of the object instead of the Empty! Thank you sooo much Stereo :x3:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back