Specific question on external linking

I have seen it generally mentioned here that “external linking is not allowed” with no specific context. In reading the rules as they are currently posted, however, it does seem like there is specific (and reasonable) context to this policy.

Within the AMS 2 forum, the creators of skin mods are almost constantly asked how to install them or for help in doing so. Reiza Studios maintains a pinned thread on their own forum that contains basic instructions on how the included livery override system within AMS 2 works. The thread is from one of their own staff members so it is more or less “official” information. It would likely be quite helpful to skin modders if they could link to this thread on Reiza’s forum when they post their skin mods here on RD. Would this specific act of external linking be something that is allowed?

I’m purely a mod consumer, not a creator so I have no real skin in the game (pun intended). I just have sympathy for the mod creators that keep getting asked for the same help over and over again.

Hi there. To quote the most relevant bit from our board rules: "Posting links and/or hyperlinked text to downloads that are not hosted on www.racedepartment.com/downloads/, but rather an external third party website, will be removed unless the user has been specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so."

My interpretation of this rule is that linking to the pinned thread on the Reiza forum would be entirely OK and indeed helpful to RD users in general.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%