rF2 Special Event: Nissan GT500 2013@Istanbul Park - Sun 18Mar18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks guys, for my first rF2 event that was pretty great.

Found some more speed in quali, and improved by 1.7 seconds, so was happy with that.

Got lucky at race start when two guys spun off, so got up to 6th for quite a while, but got overtaken by Sean. Then jumped him in the pitstop, but only for a lap or two. As he got past easily into the corner onto the back straight, I tried to kind of defend, but didn't know how much grip was out there so braked way too early. After watched Sean brake into there, realised I'd been braking too early the whole race... :D

Need to map some more buttons for this game for next time though. Middle part of the race was a bit slow as I had to try and find my keyboard on the floor, feel where the keys were and change my fuel load for the pitstop... all while wearing VR. oops. :D :D

Nice car when you get into the groove with it.

Thanks guys, for my first rF2 event that was pretty great.

Got lucky at race start when two guys spun off, so got up to 6th for quite a while, but got overtaken by Sean. Then jumped him in the pitstop, but only for a lap or two. As he got past easily into the corner onto the back straight, I tried to kind of defend, but didn't know how much grip was out there so braked way too early. After watched Sean brake into there, realised I'd been braking too early the whole race... :D

Good to hear you had fun mate!
I think the two guys who spun off were Tony (@tony wright ) and I (Sorry about the tap Tony, you were a bit slower around that corner than I expected, pity as it was really light tap I thought)

And here I thought the new tyres were exceptional on the brakes going into that corner! lol
Glad you found a better braking marker after that :)

Last edited:
No sweat, all part of the fun and really enjoyed it.

Apart from the evening before, that was my first time driving both car and track. Main issue was lack of downforce, but as all my practise was based on that set up I wouldn't of had enough time driving the car if I increased it, big mistake:D. After my fifth spin and second pit stop I resigned myself to not winning this time;). Hopefully get to join you again soon as listening to the TS patter was as much fun as the driving:thumbsup:

Thanks for another fun race everyone. Thought my tyre management with my high downforce setup (9.5 deg rear) was going to get me close to the front. It did, closed in on @Jamie but then made an error while overtaking which had me lose the backend. Caught back up to him on what I thought was the second last lap, was planning to make my move later in the lap or hope his fuel ran out, but it was the last lap!! Would have had a lunge into the last complex of turns if I had known. Oh well, I'll get you next time!!! ;) Really need to get better and making overtakes stick!

Always great fun racing and practicing with this club, the social friendly banter is what has me coming back each week and putting in far too many practice laps than what I should be (thankfully the wife had been in a good mood of late).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back