rF2 *Special Event* 100 Meilen von Nürnberg - Fri 17 December 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I also found some entry lists, courtesy of www.racingsportscars.com

Which is the year that fits the most with our cars. and our race length is based on. Worth noting, it was called 200 meilen, but was scheduled to run half
lU7eXAK.jpg

Where the grid size is taken from, 24 cars started. 15/9 as the split. 200 meilen = 2 races at 100.
g2rn0lt.jpg

Another thing to note here, is that the 100 meilen was actually more than 100. It was 112 miles. While the 200 meilen was actually 222. We however, are staying true to the name, and will do the 1986 single race, 100 meilen! :)

C1 it is!
Remember these are the mid 80's Gr.C cars, not the early 90's not as quick, just as crazy!
Ah, the 3,5L rules. I know Virtua LM also did those cars for F1 99-02, absolutely loved that mod!
To drive a screaming V10 for 24hrs is extremely tantalising!
But as you say; these are as equally crazy in their own right. Turbo lag here we g….ooooOOO-aaaahhh!!!

Ah, the 3,5L rules. I know Virtua LM also did those cars for F1 99-02, absolutely loved that mod!
To drive a screaming V10 for 24hrs is extremely tantalising!
But as you say; these are as equally crazy in their own right. Turbo lag here we g….ooooOOO-aaaahhh!!!

I had initially planned to use the Mak-Corp Gr.C for rF2, but the GTPC cars are the more correct ones in terms of year, and while it's not that huge of a difference in laptimes at Norisring between the C1 and C2 with these cars, even IRL some C2 cars outqualified C1's :) It's surprisingly realistic with that in mind :)

I had initially planned to use the Mak-Corp Gr.C for rF2, but the GTPC cars are the more correct ones in terms of year, and while it's not that huge of a difference in laptimes at Norisring between the C1 and C2 with these cars, even IRL some C2 cars outqualified C1's :) It's surprisingly realistic with that in mind :)
I think you made the right choice on the mod. The MAK-Corp has that weird aesthetic where the cars don’t really create a visually cohesive experience, the Porsche looks like an off-roader and is too bouncy, the Mazda is way to quick compared to the real life one(seems people think it’s a quick car because of its win and the engine note??), the Merc in contrast to the Porsche sits like 0.01 mm off the ground and has such crazy good aero that you can pull of some spectacular corner speeds only to crash out right after you done the corner; thus I also find the physics to be a bit suspect/unpredictable.

Just my two cents and not that anybody asked but boy am I glad you decided to go with the V_LM mod! :notworthy:

I think you made the right choice on the mod. The MAK-Corp has that weird aesthetic where the cars don’t really create a visually cohesive experience, the Porsche looks like an off-roader and is too bouncy, the Mazda is way to quick compared to the real life one(seems people think it’s a quick car because of its win and the engine note??), the Merc in contrast to the Porsche sits like 0.01 mm off the ground and has such crazy good aero that you can pull of some spectacular corner speeds only to crash out right after you done the corner; thus I also find the physics to be a bit suspect/unpredictable.

Just my two cents and not that anybody asked but boy am I glad you decided to go with the V_LM mod! :notworthy:

Both agree and disagree. The Mazda is fast in every kind of game due to that Le Mans... The good thing with the Gr.C mod (and the GTPC cars) is that they have different strength and weaknesses. Not that great for a one off race though...!

Just had the first initial run and a favorite car has been chosen, now to work on the setup.
But I will say one thing first - this is good fun! The cars are absolutely bonkers, great fun and fairly easy to drive.
The Porsche is easy, turns decent, gets out of corners great. Lacks a little power compared to the others.
The Lancia is nuts, end of. Requires a driver committed to manhandling it around.
The Jag (after I found it in the GTP folder ingame) is a handful, difficult to drive.
And all the cars have terrible brakes, just like good old days :inlove:

I've only tried the Lancia so far and was very surprised over the lack of settings for the dampers. Only 3 clicks? I want more I wanna sweat the setup way too much.

Hi guys.
Im very eager to participate in this race. I also choose C1
btw. Respect for your effort in your posts about this event and the historics background @Ole Marius Myrvold .
Very pleasent too read these:thumbsup:

Hello and welcome to the rF2 Friday as well! :) (I've seen you post in the Thursday threads).
Awesome! C1 it is!

It's been a race I've been wanting to do for a couple of years, I almost felt like I needed to do proper historic background to justify it! :roflmao:

Just had the first initial run and a favorite car has been chosen, now to work on the setup.
But I will say one thing first - this is good fun! The cars are absolutely bonkers, great fun and fairly easy to drive.
The Porsche is easy, turns decent, gets out of corners great. Lacks a little power compared to the others.
The Lancia is nuts, end of. Requires a driver committed to manhandling it around.
The Jag (after I found it in the GTP folder ingame) is a handful, difficult to drive.
And all the cars have terrible brakes, just like good old days :inlove:

Good to know my description of the cars in the "what car to choose" post isn't off then! :)
I probably should've included a description of the folder-tree. :redface:

And the brakes... oh the brakes. Would at times be more effective to use your feet!

I've only tried the Lancia so far and was very surprised over the lack of settings for the dampers. Only 3 clicks? I want more I wanna sweat the setup way too much.

Italian cars. "They are made this way, and this is the fastest - drive!" :roflmao:

Only 8 people? What happened to the like 32 people that signed up for a Friday race at Road Atlanta a couple of months ago? :cry:

Its close to christmas and people may have other things to do on a friday night. But I think we'll get a good bit more tomorrow and especially friday.

Last edited:
Only 8 people? What happened to the like 32 people that signed up for a Friday race at Road Atlanta a couple of months ago? :cry:
Its close to christmas and people may have other things to do on a friday night. But I think we'll get a good bit more tomorrow and especially friday.

Unsure. To be honest I believed this Friday to be pretty "safe". F1 had finished, still a week until Christmas. Countries starting up covid-things again. With that being said, the Thursday events have gotten some new people in lately.
Not that it does that much, but I am pretty sure the RD-Discord being hampered in the way it is at the moment doesn't help either.

Also, I'll do another tag-spree this evening.

Lastly, if you guys have places to put videos, I have made a little rF2 Club trailer/showcase!

What's up with the discord?

Due to the amount of spam-bots, it was closed for posting for non-premium members. Which is fine, but that reduced the activity a lot.
I don't like Discord when it comes to making communities. It still messy for me, especially if there is a lot of members, as it's very hard to get back into a discussion if you are away for while.
However, non-premium members are not likely to be wanting to spend much time on the RD-Discord when they can't do anything there. And it is the non-premiums we need in terms of recruitment and attract drivers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.