rF2 *Special Event* 100 Meilen von Nürnberg - Fri 17 December 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Wow that was an epic, brutal night of racing. Absolute adrenaline rush from the major concentration required, as from Lap 8 onwards it was just constant lapping of other cars. 50 minutes of that keeps the brain going wow. Congrats to @Jan Larsen on the win, I just couldn't keep up with you, glad though I just survived as the only car not to be lapped. There was some great conversation through the evening on Discord and the lapped car's discipline was excellent (at least when I was coming through), so great job for such a packed grid on a tiny, narrow circuit.

Yeah, that was great fun guys :). The car is evil and all over the place, just like in the good'ol GPL days where this kind of driving was the norm :inlove:
I thought my pace was so so because I lacked a little in sector 2, but it turned out to be very good actually. Completely mistake free and almost got @Jimlaad43 (Edward) in the end. Traffic was exemplary, very well done everyone on such a small circuit. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all that showed up tonight! As I said on Discord after the event, even how strange it may sound. For 2-3 years now, this have been a race I've dreamed of doing in simracing. Arguably, the dream was as a part of a proper huge field championship with driver swaps etc. But it all started with the dream of doing this weird Norisring race. It was a bit of chaos at times, but that happens when we do multi-class with cars like this, on a short, bumpy street-track like Norisring. It was really fun though!
One of my bucket list items in terms of simracing is done, and it was made so much better with the grid-size we had here! It was lovely!
Also a big congratulations to everyone who finished, that wasn't a given with these cars! Also @Ingemar Petersson who, even though he was tired he said, won the C2-class on merit. In the end it was a 2-way fight between us, and I tried all I could, and a bit more, but couldn't even launch an attack! Sorry to @Herlev for sending him on a roll.
Also @Jens Roos if I had known that you had a penalty (which I think you had), I could've removed it. If this happens in the future, shout out on Discord, and while English is the language to use, I will forgive you if you use Swedish ;)

It was a great time, and I think we should try to do some more special events, if any ever come over a mod and/or track that suits to a special event, just ping me and who knows what happens :)

I also got a bit inspired by @Luca Ciarfella , and while I don't have his skills, I'm reasonably happy with it.
Ph62znC.jpg

Also @Jens Roos if I had known that you had a penalty (which I think you had), I could've removed it. If this happens in the future, shout out on Discord, and while English is the language to use, I will forgive you if you use Swedish ;)

Tack så mycket för erbjudandet (thanks very much for the offer) :) My wife got home from work and I got stuck in conversion apparently much more important than enter formation lap according to the one who knows better :)

Anyway, way to late, leaving pit during red and speeding when doing the stop and go.

But for me it didn't really matter, it was a blast. Managed to get pole in C2 but it happens to be that I had 2 other sim races (DTM in rF2 and AC) at this track less than a month ago with good result. I really like these simple 4 corner tracks :D

A few incidents here and there, but overall a good race so big thanks for making this happen and everyone attending as well :)

Thanks for the invite @Ole Marius Myrvold but at the moment Friday is not available for me to race but if things change I will keep an eye on what is happening. I did install the track/cars for this one just in case but I really knew that I could not make it. Also to mention my driving skills are not the best so there is the cercern of being a hazard.

Thanks for the invite @Ole Marius Myrvold but at the moment Friday is not available for me to race but if things change I will keep an eye on what is happening. I did install the track/cars for this one just in case but I really knew that I could not make it. Also to mention my driving skills are not the best so there is the cercern of being a hazard.

You'll probably not be any kind of an hazard. In racepace there was 5.5 seconds between the quickest and slowest fastest lap :) On a track that took 50-ish seconds to lap.
As you can see here, it was a big difference in speed, both due to multi-class, but also because the cars differs as well :) https://simresults.net/211221-1cU

It was slightly chaotic though. There was a time where me and @Ingemar Petersson were fighting for position, while we were lapping a guy, at the same time we were being lapped by a C1-car, that in turn was being lapped by another C1.
Chaotic and fun! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back