rF2 *Special Event* 1.2 Hrs of Daytona - Fri 28 Jan 2022 *January Trophy R4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah unfortunately since ACC came out things shifted to "esport", especially with covid.
Thing is that because we got so big influx of new amateur simracers you have to somehow separate those who actually care from the granturismo "kids".
It was always like this to be honest. When we were hosting AC leagues after a couple of seasons we were on the verge of putting an entry fee, just so that the sign ups would take it a bit more serious. Not because we wanted to become esport, but because we were spending countless hours and at the end they would even follow the most basic of rules.

Thats why RD got the success that it has at least for most of the races. Because there is an entry fee to the platform that assures some basic BEHAVIOUR.

Yeah unfortunately since ACC came out things shifted to "esport", especially with covid.
Thing is that because we got so big influx of new amateur simracers you have to somehow separate those who actually care from the granturismo "kids".
It was always like this to be honest. When we were hosting AC leagues after a couple of seasons we were on the verge of putting an entry fee, just so that the sign ups would take it a bit more serious. Not because we wanted to become esport, but because we were spending countless hours and at the end they would even follow the most basic of rules.

Thats why RD got the success that it has at least for most of the races. Because there is an entry fee to the platform that assures some basic BEHAVIOUR.

Oh. I know. Been doing the last seasons of RDRC, and the last two I spent on average between 30 and 40 hours a week to host. We ran that as a free league at RD though. No prizes. Trying to have it like the "good old days" with as good hosting and organization as possible, but free and nothing to win. Other than glory among peers :)

Just to add to this @Arkoudadis : Previously I raced at 2-4 different sites and leagues. It was all for fun, big grids and so on. But it have changed the last years. As simracing have become more of an "esport" many places, and it has become so extremely serious. I've kinda zoned out when this happened. I don't understand why we have to choose between "must be extremely high level, prizes, money to win" and so on. Or something that's hosted badly.

oh well mini-rant over!
Totally agree. Really grateful for what you are putting together for us week after week! After all I'm here to have a good time :thumbsup: Lot's of stuff indeed feels way to serious for me. And bigger grids don't necessarily provide better racing, iRacing being my prime example for that.

I'm not trying to take over from Luca Ciarfella with his amazing pictures. Let's just say I have very little of his talent, but is very inspired. Let's hope for a track that looks better in screenshots later, as this track didn't look good on replays.
o7c2twn.jpg

I'm not trying to take over from Luca Ciarfella with his amazing pictures. Let's just say I have very little of his talent, but is very inspired. Let's hope for a track that looks better in screenshots later, as this track didn't look good on replays.
o7c2twn.jpg

Yea a pity, potential for some cool screenshots was there for sure :)
20220130222416_1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is being posted in for an unusually long time after the race...
I see that JM have released his Daytona for free now (was 10USD previously) after S397 had their Daytona announcement. I honestly cannot see the track surviving for that long on the workshop due to this.

However... If it does survive, even after S397 have released their. This might be the track to use. There is a reason why JM can take money for his tracks - they are of a very high standard. So high, that you might actually own some tracks he have made, that's made it's way as official rF2 DLC content :)

And the bombs keep on dropping from S397! Now Indycar IR-18 got announced.
Will be interesting to see if they will package them into a logically priced package!
So far we got Daytona, one sportcar and one formula! good

This thread is being posted in for an unusually long time after the race...
I see that JM have released his Daytona for free now (was 10USD previously) after S397 had their Daytona announcement. I honestly cannot see the track surviving for that long on the workshop due to this.

However... If it does survive, even after S397 have released their. This might be the track to use. There is a reason why JM can take money for his tracks - they are of a very high standard. So high, that you might actually own some tracks he have made, that's made it's way as official rF2 DLC content :)
I think S397 dlc tracks are the best ones out there, but I've just tested this Daytona version and... Oh my god, it's really high quality, way better than the other one

I think S397 dlc tracks are the best ones out there, but I've just tested this Daytona version and... Oh my god, it's really high quality, way better than the other one

Yes. The only reason we used the one we used is because that one was free. This one was 10USD.
While I have no problems using official DLC. I am not really a fan of using paymods for club racing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.8%