rF2 *Special Event* 1.2 Hrs of Daytona - Fri 28 Jan 2022 *January Trophy R4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah that was me on your outside. I got really surprised being hit outta nowhere, had to check the replay at the end to see what happened. Glad that was ok in the end :)

Yep, that was me. I locked up the rears trying to avoid @Jan Larsen who swooped right in front of me in turn 1, and In clipped the inside wall. No worries, these things happen . Waiting until the pack of GTEs passed me and had a really nice battle with @ThreeLionz (Joe) for quite some Laps whilst keeping an close eye on my fuel target each lap as I really wanted to get away with one stop. Aside from some stupid mistakes from my end it was a nice race. Including some Spa 2000 action as @Ole Marius Myrvold rightly spotted. I always enjoy these multiclass races, and finishing this longer race feels like a accomplishment.
Thanks chaps!
That was a great battle we was having
I'm sorry for hitting you in turn one I just couldn't not avoid you as much as I tried even got flat spots from locking up
Then I got a DT for and to top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap just at the bus stop

I locked up the rears trying to avoid @Jan Larsen who swooped right in front of me in turn 1, and In clipped the inside wall. No worries, these things happen
Watching the replay I did really cut you off. I was busy with what was happening up front and never noticed you on the inside. Jeff came on the radio calling left side right when you spun and only then did I see you, but it was too late. Again, sorry :(

Last edited:
That was a great battle we was having
I'm sorry for hitting you in turn one I just couldn't not avoid you as much as I tried even got flat spots from locking up
Then I got a DT for and to top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap just at the bus stop
No worries! Sorry you didn't make it to the end.

Last edited:
Watching the replay I did really cut you off. I was busy with what was happening up front and never noticed you on the inside. Jeff came on the radio calling left side right when you spun and only then did I see you, but it was too late. Again, sorry :(
Thanks Jan. We all came together rather quickly when we approached the bottleneck of the first corner.

Results are uploaded and Standings updated. As always, click "races" and race number 4 to see the results and stats from tonight :)
https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/Friday_Trophy_January.html

Top 10
1643415802031.png

Probably wasn't a big surprise that @Jan Larsen ended up at the top here.
Next month will feature a slightly different points system due to one of the races being a bit different :) It will all be great fun as always. Hope to see all the 40 people who have driven in the rF2 club on Fridays make an appearance during February as well. Maybe we'll even have more new guys joining in, that's always great to see :)

Has been awhile i was racing online, reallife sports/business and bad web connection situation took a lot of time and joy the last months.
But finally i jumped in today and had alot of fun.
Thanks to marius and reacedepartment for hosting and to all on track for your patient.
The race was smooth despite some smaler misunderstandings during been lapped.
Could have been better as i missed my pits on the first attempt had to drive through.
A second drive through after a penalty cost amoe more time.
But all in all not that bad

Good seeing you back on the track! :) Hope to see you join again soon :)

Results are uploaded and Standings updated. As always, click "races" and race number 4 to see the results and stats from tonight :)
https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/Friday_Trophy_January.html

Probably wasn't a big surprise that @Jan Larsen ended up at the top here.
Next month will feature a slightly different points system due to one of the races being a bit different :) It will all be great fun as always. Hope to see all the 40 people who have driven in the rF2 club on Fridays make an appearance during February as well. Maybe we'll even have more new guys joining in, that's always great to see :)
Grats @Jan Larsen, well deserved! Was hoping I could close the gap and make it a bit more interesting but with Henri and Pauli in class there was nothing to gain for me :) We need a Pro / Am category here ;)
Thanks for putting it all together Ole! Loved this format!

We should do it again haha

Instead of waiting and doing Daytona again. @Ole Marius Myrvold could organize the next "feature" event to be Sebring!
First weekend of March (a couple of weeks before the 12H of Sebring) ?
This time you could make a true IMSA event with DPi's and Gt3's (if the community is interested in racing with 3 DLC's obviously)

Although with the Lundar sales i doubt there is going to be many that are interested in rF2 that dont have most of the content.

Instead of waiting and doing Daytona again. @Ole Marius Myrvold could organize the next "feature" event to be Sebring!
First weekend of March (a couple of weeks before the 12H of Sebring) ?
This time you could make a true IMSA event with DPi's and Gt3's (if the community is interested in racing with 3 DLC's obviously)

Although with the Lundar sales i doubt there is going to be many that are interested in rF2 that dont have most of the content.

Yes, no. Almost.
Soooo. For the ones who been doing the rF2 club racing since I took over in 2020, they've become used to me following the schedule of another place. To have our Friday-events be warm-up for their Saturday racing. That way we tend to get an extra 3-8 drivers signed up.
This means that Friday 11th March will be multi-class at Sebring ;) However, due to me doing this as a warm-up event for them. I need to include GTE.
Now, of course I could choose to have both GTE and GT3 in the event (like IMSA the last years), but I feel that will be an unnecessary split in the field.
If I'm adding a third class, I think it's more likely that we'll see the return of LMP1. The ByKolles have been a nice edition in a couple of events (and the car is nice to drive). I just don't think we have enough people to have three classes on the regular.
Hopefully the Alpine/Rebellion LMP1 car is released in time for Sebring as well, in case of a third class :)

Also, and I really don't mean this in a way to put pressure on anyone, I try to advertise the RDrF2 events the best I can, to have a nice crowd in every race. The more regulars we get, the larger is the chance of adding classes, unique cars, special events and so on :)
So, I mean. If anyone have friends to force in here, bring them! I don't care if they come from free will or being threatened with "either race rF2 with me, or be forever stuck on NASCAR 21" :whistling:

Since you mention it @Ole Marius Myrvold. Do you guys have any recommendations for leagues? Obviously for AM level racing.
Since ive only recently started getting more into rF2 i dont know any communities other than the best which is RD!

Nope :/ I must admit that over the last 5 years I've lost control of what's happening outside RD. Mostly because I feel like many places have become way too serious :(
Also, not supposed to advertise for other places, which is why I don't mention "the other place" :p

Just to add to this @Arkoudadis : Previously I raced at 2-4 different sites and leagues. It was all for fun, big grids and so on. But it have changed the last years. As simracing have become more of an "esport" many places, and it has become so extremely serious. I've kinda zoned out when this happened. I don't understand why we have to choose between "must be extremely high level, prizes, money to win" and so on. Or something that's hosted badly.

oh well mini-rant over!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Forum trophies