South Dakota Circuit - Guyana (Multilayouts)

Tracks South Dakota Circuit - Guyana (Multilayouts) 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
First of all thanks for the track! It's a blast to hotlap!

I'm having a hard time to race with ai. Most of them (many different kunos cars) crash in many many places all over the track. With the full grid then is full carnage.

I hope an update will come out sometime in the future.

Thanks again!

First of all thanks for the track! It's a blast to hotlap!

I'm having a hard time to race with ai. Most of them (many different kunos cars) crash in many many places all over the track. With the full grid then is full carnage.

I hope an update will come out sometime in the future.

Thanks again!
Yes AI is a tricky one... Many hours trying to optimise this..
The Start Grid i think i'll have to narrow the width, so as they start to drift after launching there's less tendency to run into the track barricades.
Secondly open the Start/Finish track barricades themselves so in the event of collision the cars are deflected back into the circuit.
Lastly, Its a Big Grid! 30 pit boxes and cars are a lot on this sprint circuit. It was part of a wish list :) anyway, there are probably better results in reducing the numbers for the time being until i get the above corrected.

For AI i usually go for the Mazda MX5 Miata http://**************/car/ks_mazda_mx5_cup - its been pretty much tried and tested with this car - probably i better test with a GT3 to get a better AI result.

Anyway thanks for teh feedback. will keep the Circuit updated and you can probably opt-in for change notifications. ;)

halghent updated South Dakota Circuit - Guyana with a new update entry:

South Dakota Circuit - Guyana (New Multilayouts)

Multiple layouts incorporated. Classic GMSRC Circuit, FIA Extension, and Endurance races are now available.
Updated fast_lane.ai for better starts, no collisions noted on the grid.
Updated track Cameras.
Pit behaviour for Trackday, Weekend Races seem acceptable. May require more modification after more thorough testing.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

Thanks in advance for this.
Unfortunately after installing it I receive an error message saying "track not found".

I tried to copy paste into the Assetto Corsa and to install it through CM.
It happens with all layouts.

Any idea of what could be the issue?

Thanks!

1661873626107.png

Copy the zip content to your game track folder e.g.
<your game install drive and folder>\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks

Note: don't overwrite any previous versions, they need to be deleted completely first before copying the above to your tracks folder. Let me know if it works for you

View attachment 596018
Copy the zip content to your game track folder e.g.
<your game install drive and folder>\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks

Note: don't overwrite any previous versions, they need to be deleted completely first before copying the above to your tracks folder. Let me know if it works for you
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
I receive this message.

Error.JPG

Sorry to hear...
Anyway, The msg box is indicating AC has failed to load a resource, why? because the resource isn't there!.. southdakota_circuit(.kn5) by name, as the above msg implies, is from the 1.0 release.

In release 1.1, the new KN5 track names are
-south_dakota_circuit_classic_gmrsc.kn5
- south_dakota_circuit_fia_extension.kn5
-south_dakota_circuit_full_enduro.kn5

Either the folder and files of the former 1.0 release are still present in the tracks folder or CM is caching the previous track somehow.

How it works:
In the 'Multiple Layout' scenario (for South Dakota release 1.1), AC uses the ini files in the track folder to point to which track layout is available. i.e.:

models_full_enduro.ini contains:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=south_dakota_circuit_full_enduro.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

models_classic_gmrsc.ini contains:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=south_dakota_circuit_classic_gmrsc.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

etc...

And the ui_track.json files for each layout only need a reference by name to display each track description i.e.:
{
"name": "South Dakota Circuit Full Enduro",
"description": "South Dakota Circuit",
and
{
etc...

In other words, this is the only purpose for the UI folder and ui_track.json files, so the models_xxxx.ini files are where its at if anything fails loading....

So definitely the above error is due to a call to a resource that isnt there and is not present in the southdakota_circuit (1.1).zip file... hence im suspicious theres some legacy stuff in your track folder somewhere that needs to be removed or CM Track Cache cleared.
I'm not too familar with CM's working underneath the hood unfortunately....so unless theres something else and I've lost the plot completely, try checking out the above and let me know if youre still getting errors.

Sorry to hear...
Anyway, The msg box is indicating AC has failed to load a resource, why? because the resource isn't there!.. southdakota_circuit(.kn5) by name, as the above msg implies, is from the 1.0 release.

In release 1.1, the new KN5 track names are
-south_dakota_circuit_classic_gmrsc.kn5
- south_dakota_circuit_fia_extension.kn5
-south_dakota_circuit_full_enduro.kn5

Either the folder and files of the former 1.0 release are still present in the tracks folder or CM is caching the previous track somehow.

How it works:
In the 'Multiple Layout' scenario (for South Dakota release 1.1), AC uses the ini files in the track folder to point to which track layout is available. i.e.:

models_full_enduro.ini contains:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=south_dakota_circuit_full_enduro.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

models_classic_gmrsc.ini contains:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=south_dakota_circuit_classic_gmrsc.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

etc...

And the ui_track.json files for each layout only need a reference by name to display each track description i.e.:
{
and
{
etc...

In other words, this is the only purpose for the UI folder and ui_track.json files, so the models_xxxx.ini files are where its at if anything fails loading....

So definitely the above error is due to a call to a resource that isnt there and is not present in the southdakota_circuit (1.1).zip file... hence im suspicious theres some legacy stuff in your track folder somewhere that needs to be removed or CM Track Cache cleared.
I'm not too familar with CM's working underneath the hood unfortunately....so unless theres something else and I've lost the plot completely, try checking out the above and let me know if youre still getting errors.
Thanks.

I extracted the folder I downloaded here directly into the track folder.
I didn't have any previous version.
To be sure I've checked all files and they're correct (it's not the first download I make).
Unfortunately I still receive the same error and I can't figure out why.
it is pointing in the right folder and with the right files.

What version assetto corsa are you using?
Was it purchased from Steam?
Content Manager might not be cooperating...i'll see if it contributes to any similar errors somehow.

What version assetto corsa are you using?
Was it purchased from Steam?
Content Manager might not be cooperating...i'll see if it contributes to any similar errors somehow.
Yes everything is original.
It's not really a question for you, as your circuit seems to work properly, it's more an open question to the community to understand if this issue has happened already and how it can be solved.

I haven't touched anything in the folder, just placed it in the right AC folder but for some reason it doesn't work.

Just to be clear, I've tried also to launch it from Assetto Corsa (no CM) and I get the same error message.

Thanks anyway for the support.

Last edited:
Yes everything is original.
It's not really a question for you, as your circuit seems to work properly, it's more an open question to the community to understand if this issue has happened already and how it can be solved.

I haven't touched anything in the folder, just placed it in the right AC folder but for some reason it doesn't work.

Just to be clear, I've tried also to launch it from Assetto Corsa (no CM) and I get the same error message.

Thanks anyway for the support.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%