Tracks not loading

I have the latest version and I downloaded the Donington Park track. When I select the track (and variation) it shows the error:

acs.exe error donningtongp : TRACK NOT FOUND

I already searched the forums and found this response:

"For anyone struggling with modded content, specifically tracks, after update 0.9, do this:

If the game is crashing. Check the AC installation folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini for the following line:
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1
  • change the 1 to a 0"
My problem is i cannot find the "system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini file.

I don't have a system folder? I have a cfg folder but no folder or file inside that shows the above.

Any help gratefully received.

Are you sure you inserted the track into the right folder, assettocorsa/content/tracks?
Did you already try to run an 'integrity check of game cache' via steam options for AC?
The assetto_corsa.ini file must be located under steam/steamapps/common(or username)/assettocorsa/system/cfg. Please check again.

If non of the above helped, move all custom/mod tracks out of the /tracks folder expect donningtongp, especially move the Top Gear test track out, if you have it, and try again.

be sure you put the track folder here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

And not in your documents like this:
C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks

Changing that one to a zero isn't going to solve the problem if the track is in the wrong place.

Also, the "system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini file. is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

ive just had the same issue after downloading the new dlc. have had nothing but issues. i had it all working yesterday today none of my tracks will load i have reinstalled the game and they still wont load says no file found track not found. i looked in the steam folder content tracks, and the only tracks i found in there was the ones that my game had issues with earlier and i had removed them and reinstalled the game and deleted all folders for the game how come it put the tracks back in there. ? weird. none of my tracks will work. or my heli app and other apps i use like sidekick. iam putting all files in the right place and hope that the game works ive been at this for HOURS. keep reinstalling then game works and then i put mods i a nd it fails. then i take all the mods out reinstall the game and the game wouldn't load it own tracks. really odd. i must have missed something surly. i use to put tracks in the documents folder and it use to work just fine. so whats changed has something changed. is it because of the new dlc. ? but it worked yesterday no issues in documents contents tracks. was working everything. just today it doesn't want to. ? HELP! 26TH AUG 2017

I'm having the same problem...all tracks are in the correct place, verified, checked the ini file and restarted computer....yet the tracks wont load.....only difference is that the main game is not installed in c drive. Can that be a problem cause it seems to be the only thing different from other people and I'm not sure even though it sounds stupid......any help is really appreciated

It depends on the installation folder of steam and/or if the user makes other steam drives/locations on other drives.

Just check the Assetto Corsa link on your desktop. Right click and then properties. Then you will see the location on the right drive.

For every content you will download. It has to be placed there. Tracks, cars, skins, weather... it has to be placed in /content/ in the main Assetto Corsa folder!

So another proplem are fix descriptions of installation drives and folder. They have to be relative. Or a instruction to find the location of installation in the mods itself for example...

Three yeas later, still having this issue.

I'm having two tracks, both tracks are in the right folder. Computer and game was restarted:

assetto corsa tracks.png

Thanks for your help.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/salzburgring-18-ed.26232/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/n%C3%BCrburgring-nordschleife.2270/

I wonder why these two track folder do not contain any "models.ini", where can I get the missing files?

Was having the same issue, tried re sintalling the game, CSP, SOL all sorts of stuff. What endd up being my "fix" was the Documents folder there is an Assetto Corsa folder. I simply deleted that, then booted up Content Manager again, it created it fresh and now SOL is finally working properly as well as the Track is loading fine. Maybe backup the Assetto Corsa folder on your C Drive and let it create fresh?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back