PC2 Sorryto say, nothing has change in several weeks.

About three weeks ago i deleted PCARS 2 because it just did not steer correctly. Had some idle time so reinstalled and guess what? I still does not steer correctly. I doesn't turn, It doesn't turn, it doesn't turn, then whammo,,,, it turns to much. .this has been a problem with p cars2 ever since it was first released. I am sorry but it just makes it a second rate game. In my opinion. Great tracks and graphics but youv,e got to be able to steer properly. With my wheel it just doesnt. And allllllll my other games are just fine.

The game is utterly abandoned there are no updates coming for it anymore. The same thing happened with Project Cars 1, they simply moved on leaving it in a bad state. The same thing will happen with PC3 (or whatever it gets called when they release from Codemasters), it will be badly made and simulated and it will be a mess when they abandon it.

About three weeks ago i deleted PCARS 2 because it just did not steer correctly. Had some idle time so reinstalled and guess what? I still does not steer correctly. I doesn't turn, It doesn't turn, it doesn't turn, then whammo,,,, it turns to much. .this has been a problem with p cars2 ever since it was first released. I am sorry but it just makes it a second rate game. In my opinion. Great tracks and graphics but youv,e got to be able to steer properly. With my wheel it just doesnt. And allllllll my other games are just fine.
Well, that's... exactly what you'd expect for a game that had development on it stopped like a year ago.

Did you really think just uninstalling/reinstalling it again and again would miraculously fix the broken code?

:roflmao:

Sad there are so many trolls at RD. Whether its been updated or not has NOTHING to do with Pawgy's problem.

Clearly its frustrating Pawgy but just check out any PC2 video on youtube - for everyone else the cars steer just fine. I have no idea why your steering doesn't work but a patch isn't going to fix it. Only way to sort this out would be at your home. Don't think it can be done through a forum.

For future reference - if you have an issue with a game you can't sort out within 2 hours of play - get a refund on steam.

Last edited:
Thanks David. Good suggestion. But i like to complain but still try to make things work. Do I remember you from Grand Prix Legends.? and I complained a lot their also. Took me 10 years to get it running great. ALSO STILL HAVE P and G installed on HD. Most of the time I get some reasonable suggestions. This forum is not as forgiving as GPL forum is. Especially for very old people.

You do indeed remember me from GPL :)

When you say it doesn't turn, is this at full speed or at any speed?

If its at any speed it sounds like its a controller issue.

Go to options - controls -
1. has it picked up your wheel correctly?
2. Have you calibrated your wheel?
3. Does the in-game wheel match the rotation of your real wheel?
menu1.jpg

Go to the next tab. Check that you have zero dead zone and steering sensitivity is set to 50

menu2.jpg

Very good suggestions. I am mot adverse to trying everything.Thanks loads.

David.
1. yes
2 . yes frequently.
3. no it does not match

BTW. I am 85 and my wife says I should not be playing these silly games anyways.

Majah.
I don't seem to know where to start here. BUt it sounds like a good idea. Where do I find the steering ratio adjustment?

Last edited:
Also, go to
windows control panel
devices and printers
right click on the relevant controller
select game controller settings
select your controller from the box that appears
select properties.

Try altering the rotation in there and return to the game each to see if it helps. (I think you can do this while ALT - Tabbing out of the game each time, to save constantly exiting and restarting the game).

Also, go to
windows control panel
devices and printers
select properties.

Try altering the rotation in there and return to the game each to see if it helps. (I think you can do this while ALT - Tabbing out of the game each time, to save constantly exiting and restarting the game).

I don't think you can alter the rotation of the Momo. Its stuck at 270 degrees or something like that. This is a really old wheel.

However, old or not, it is supported, and there are several YouTube videos of people driving PC2 with the Momo so it does (or can) work. It also seems that even with the limited rotation, the in-game wheel should match the real wheel

I have googled Project Cars 2 Logitech Momo and although some people have issues, none seem to be like Pawgy's.

The usual thing to do is check you have the latest Logitech software - but as the latest software is dated 2010 it seems unlikely you are using an older version but might be worth a check

• Software Version: 5.10.127
  • Last Update: 2010-03-30
If by any chance you have older software, uninstall it before installing the latest version.

Very good suggestions. I am mot adverse to trying everything.Thanks loads.

David.
1. yes
2 . yes frequently.
3. no it does not match

BTW. I am 85 and my wife says I should not be playing these silly games anyways.

Majah.
I don't seem to know where to start here. BUt it sounds like a good idea. Where do I find the steering ratio adjustment?
I also have a Momo. Steering is indeed not linear with the default settings. You need to do the following:

Edit the car setup before going out on track. In the following screen, set the steering ratio to "6.0 : 1". This will make steering with your 240° Momo roughly linear.

attachment.php

OKKKK . I am trying to digest everything . All excellent suggestions. Thanks to all for the time spent trying to solve my problem. Since i am as OLD as i am i do not expect to replace my reliable MOMO Wheel. It really got a lot better for all race games when i rebuilt and tightened everything up. But i am still fighting PCars2. Thanks again.

Just tried steering ratio at 6 to 1 and seems better. Going to try different cars. BTW. Have latest software version.

Also, go to
windows control panel
devices and printers

select properties.

Just tried this and cannot see where i can alt. rotation. in this screen. Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.