PC2 Sorryto say, nothing has change in several weeks.

About three weeks ago i deleted PCARS 2 because it just did not steer correctly. Had some idle time so reinstalled and guess what? I still does not steer correctly. I doesn't turn, It doesn't turn, it doesn't turn, then whammo,,,, it turns to much. .this has been a problem with p cars2 ever since it was first released. I am sorry but it just makes it a second rate game. In my opinion. Great tracks and graphics but youv,e got to be able to steer properly. With my wheel it just doesnt. And allllllll my other games are just fine.

Again,,,, thanks for the replies . saves me more searching. But I have seen an improvement since we started this thread. Even if many have gotten disgusted it has helped me. As I said in the beginning, I really like the vehicals and tracks. If i could only drive them a little better.

Last edited:
I think I have solved the problem. And i am sorry to say it is as i said to begin with. UNINSTALL and forget it. If it were a real car and steared this way i would be dead by now . Thanks for all your help but Unless I upgrade my wheel it is hopeless.

Oh Pawgy why didnt you listen when I in another thread told you not to play so many different recing games?
Concentrate on one - or maybe two.
And chose one that gives you no trouble.
Like the free Raceroom :whistling:

Just tried steering ratio at 6 to 1 and seems better. Going to try different cars. BTW. Have latest software version.

Also, go to
windows control panel
devices and printers
right click on the relevant controller
select game controller settings
select your controller from the box that appears

select properties.

Try altering the rotation in there and return to the game each to see if it helps. (I think you can do this while ALT - Tabbing out of the game each time, to save constantly exiting and restarting the game).

Just tried this and cannot see where i can alt. rotation. in this screen. Thanks

I think I had the same issues as you, i.e. the car would not turn (i.e. super understeer) and then suddenly mid turn bam, it would turn to super oversteer.

The issue for me was that there is a settings where the steering input is adjusted based on speed. This is the 'Speed sensitivity' under the controls. I have it now at 0, I think when I had the issues, it was at 90.

The setting means that at faster speeds the steering is less sensitive.

What this does, is when you go into corner and you start turning, let's say 25% to the left on the steering wheel, the steering is set to 5%. As you are breaking/slowing down, even if you keep the steering input the same, the game actually increases the steering . So now let's say you dropped the speed from 250 to 150, it might be that without changing the steering input, your steering changed from 5% to 50% or something like that during the slowing down.

And to add on top with understeer, you tend to brake/slow down + steer more, so at some crucial moment, the understeer turns into massive oversteer with this "speed sensitivity'. This can be truly a game breaking experience.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back