F1 2011 Some older threads (archive)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Just an idea guys, hope it might prove useful to some! *

We've all played racing games online where the first corner turns in to a demolition derby. Sometimes it's hard to find like-minded racers who like to play clean and fair. Your friends list might be a little empty or you might be playing at an odd time of the day when friends aren't online. If this has happened to you why not try this out:

1. Link removed

2. Wait for me to accept the request (will check the gamertag every so often)

3. When you want to play F1 2011 online check the friends list of 'Race Department' (which is viewable by all) to find fellow racers

The idea of this is to have a list of 100 people from Race Department who regularly play F1 2011 on Xbox 360 at your disposal 24/7. If you play with someone and have a good time then send them a friend request. If for whatever reason you decide not to play F1 2011 and/or Xbox 360 anymore please remove 'removed' as a friend making space for others.

I watched last years race on DVD before this race for some tips!;)

Qualifying
Done a personal best in quali 1.41.4 for P3 so pretty happy with that:)

Race
Stayed in P3 for first corner, had a little bump from behind but no harm done.
Passed Jack on the long straight after Eau rouge. Was behind Rafal for the next 2 laps, i was faster in sector 2 but couldn't pass.
Lap 3 i went to mix 3 and used all my KERS coming out of turn 1, i also got the DRS so i was flying past:cool: .
Turned my engine back down to mix 2 because of the high fuel consumption here.
Think Rafal turned his engine up to mix 3 because he came past me on lap 4/5. Past him again lap later. He passed me on lap 8 were we actually touched a little on the DRS straight.
Pitted on lap 9 for another set of Options. Came out behind Mark Greenall where i squeezed past him into the last corner. Passed Chris Benham a lap later into turn 17. Turned my engine up to mix 3. Came out just in front of Rafal as he exited the pit lane.
I pushed really hard so i could break Rafal's DRS. I pulled out the gap to 7 seconds.
Pitted on lap 18 for Primes, came out a few seconds behind Jack who was running long on Primes. Managed to pass him with the DRS on my fresh Primes. Jack then pitted for his Options with about 10 laps to go.
Turned my engine down to mix 1 for about 4 laps. Rafal got the gap down to 2 seconds. I had to use all my KERS coming out of turn 1 so he could'nt use the DRS. turned the engine back to standard where i stabalised the gap to the flag:)

Post Race
After winning Monaco, Silverstone and Spa i really want to win at Monza. The four classic circuits that have been in F1 championship since day 1.
Where is Hazeldine when I'm on form?? Step up Mr Hazeldine or are you chicken??:p ( Don't come back for Monza please mate). ;)

Just two laps and I would probably catch up with you :) I've lost more than 4 sec through mysteering wheel that started the buzz. Congratulations to all for a great race. We will meetat the track only Singapore, Monza, unfortunately I will not go because I work on that day ;)

Pete I pride myself on "hitting the apex" when under attack and driving a wide car!!
In stint 1 I ran primes and mix 1 but got a rude shock when you got all over the HRTs gearbox and had to go mix 2 to evade a DRS shot from you.
It was a short but fun little spell David. My aim is to make it a more frequent issue for you to have to worry about me in your mirrors ;)

I watched last years race on DVD before this race for some tips!;)

Qualifying
Done a personal best in quali 1.41.4 for P3 so pretty happy with that:)

Race
Stayed in P3 for first corner, had a little bump from behind but no harm done.
Passed Jack on the long straight after Eau rouge. Was behind Rafal for the next 2 laps, i was faster in sector 2 but couldn't pass.
Lap 3 i went to mix 3 and used all my KERS coming out of turn 1, i also got the DRS so i was flying past:cool: .
Turned my engine back down to mix 2 because of the high fuel consumption here.
Think Rafal turned his engine up to mix 3 because he came past me on lap 4/5. Past him again lap later. He passed me on lap 8 were we actually touched a little on the DRS straight.
Pitted on lap 9 for another set of Options. Came out behind Mark Greenall where i squeezed past him into the last corner. Passed Chris Benham a lap later into turn 17. Turned my engine up to mix 3. Came out just in front of Rafal as he exited the pit lane.
I pushed really hard so i could break Rafal's DRS. I pulled out the gap to 7 seconds.
Pitted on lap 18 for Primes, came out a few seconds behind Jack who was running long on Primes. Managed to pass him with the DRS on my fresh Primes. Jack then pitted for his Options with about 10 laps to go.
Turned my engine down to mix 1 for about 4 laps. Rafal got the gap down to 2 seconds. I had to use all my KERS coming out of turn 1 so he could'nt use the DRS. turned the engine back to standard where i stabalised the gap to the flag:)

Post Race
After winning Monaco, Silverstone and Spa i really want to win at Monza. The four classic circuits that have been in F1 championship since day 1.
Where is Hazeldine when I'm on form?? Step up Mr Hazeldine or are you chicken??:p ( Don't come back for Monza please mate). ;)

Great stuff!
I think the rest of us need you to break up with your rock star girlfriend and start questioning the meaning of life for a few rounds, maybe collide with Massa, that sort of stuff.

Korea Driver Standings
I'm sure David Cook will update theblowndiffuser site but here are the raw totals with no results yet deducted.

Position Driver Points
1 Graham Jarvis 250
2 Martin Ott 215
3 Chris Hezeldine 167
4 Chris Benham 160
5 Mark Greenall 154
6 Jack Evans 120
7 Ash Kendall 94
8 Andrew Ford 83
9 David Cook 80
10 David O'Reilly 77
11 Rafal 76
12 Gavin Hendley 47
13 Klamca 25
14 Dylan Hember 18
15 Peter Hooper 14
16 Timo Hoogendorp 13
17 Chris Rees 10
18 Steve Freeman 6
19 Mark Jackson 6
20 Colin Knowles 5.64
21 Jean Francois Matte 5
22 Paul Heffron 1

Provisional Abu Dhabi Results and Raw total points scores. (remember only the best 14 results count)
I'm sure David Cook will update the tables thoroughly later on the blown diffuser site.

Pole Chris Rees
Race
1) Rafal
2) Martin Ott
3) Chris Rees
4) David Cook
5) David O'Reilly
6) Graham Jarvis
7) Andrew Ford
8) Chris Benham
9) Maceij
10) Ryan Sylvester

WDC

Position Driver Points
1 Graham Jarvis 270
2 Martin Ott 251
3 Chris Benham 172
4 Chris Hezeldine 167
5 Mark Greenall 164
6 Rafal 126
7 Jack Evans 120
8 Ash Kendall 100
9 David Cook 96
10 Andrew Ford 90
11 David O'Reilly 89
12 Gavin Hendley 47
13 Chris Rees 40
14 Klamca 27
15 Dylan Hember 18
16 Peter Hooper 14
17 Timo Hoogendorp 13
18 Steve Freeman 6
19 Mark Jackson 6
20 Colin Knowles 5.64
21 Jean Francois Matte 5
22 Paul Heffron 1

WCC
Congratulations to Williams drivers Martin Ott and Graham Jarvis on winning the WCC!

1 Williams 521
2 Sauber 383
3 Ferrari 204
4 McLaren 187
5 Lotus Renault 155
6 RedBull 142
7 Mercedes Benz 113
8 HRT 65

f1-key-valencia.gif

malaysia_sepang.jpg

Malaysia June 30th 7.45 on XBL for race start at 8:00 GMT
*Sign-up 48hrs (8pm Friday) before race or a reserve will be offered grid-spot
Please sign-up as follows Name / Gamertag / Constructor
Race 42 laps: 75% rule - lap 32 (no points will be awarded if 75% race distance in not completed)

Host: David O’Reilly/FigjamRACER Back-up host: Mark Greenall/Marksman669
Please add host on XBL.
Please check back here for last minute changes!

Sign-ups:
    1. Gavin Hendley / Gavos 2 Base / Williams
    2. Chris Benham / chja00111 / Williams
    3. Pawel Krzyminski/ sylwetka85 / Mclaren
    4. Daniel Jurkowski/ camelkuna/ Mclaren
    5. Lukasz Gorzko / Goszkil pl / Ferrari
    6. David O’Reilly/FigjamRACER/Hrt#22
    7. Mark Greenall/Marksman669/HRT#23
    8. Rafal Cesarz/Rafal Cesarz/Sauber
    9. Andrew Ford/Fourthdimension/Sauber
    10. Pawel Drabik / killo1580 / Caterham
    11. Maciej Cieslak / klamca / Caterham
    12. Euan Dunsmore / EuAn Dr DeAtH / Mercedes
*1st lap contact:*
I want to remind everyone of the importance of getting a clean, no-contact first lap. We have had a lot of issues with ill-advised moves in the opening corners on full fuel and cold tyres.
I would particularly draw driver’s attention to the rule which requires that you stop and allow any affected driver to retake position on you. It is there to make such ill-advised moves very expensive and thus to be avoided.

Race Results info.
Conditions: Dry quali, wet race start (inters till lap 15).

1. Chris Benham
  2. Mark Greenall
  3. Andrew Ford
  4. Gavin Hendley
  5. Maceij Ceislak
  6. David O'Reilly
  7. Pawel K
  8. Daniel J
  9. Pawel D DNF
  10. Euan Dunsmore DNS
Pole: Mark Greenall, Fastest Lap: Mark Greenall

Status