Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
More world war 2 funny looking prototype "cars" straight outta mad max series that i will never bother driving.
Including the ferrari dlc which is full of those.

Next dlc will be about horses and maybe a cheetah since it can do 100 kmh it must be a car.
Oh ye add some tanks too

gg
Whats wrong about a cheetah ingame?
A Cheetah G 601 is a nice little 2 litre prototype of 1976. Build by Suiss Charles "Chuck" Graemiger.

When it comes to Alfa 33 - i hope there is one of its awesome race brothers like the 1969 33/2 or the wonderfull V12 3 litre 33TT12 of 1973 also part of the pack.

Last edited:
Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

You forgot to mention that this brilliant car just has a weight of 700 kg, so like a KTM X-Bow with one fat guy on the passenger seat:D The La Ferrari or every road car larger than a Abarth 500 has at least twice the weight. The hole car-industry minus Lotus should be ashamed of the bull:poop: they produce these days just by looking at this car.

By the way: I wouldn´t mind to see some great FWD-Youngtimers of the early 80's one day in AC as well. Looks like awesome racing:

Last edited:
I think it's pretty easy to prove I am the biggest idiot of them all.. so don't worry :p , it's not really that bad.
No problem at all, I am Italian too so I know how you are saying that, just pointing we aren't all equals, even if I have my opinion I still and will always respect your work and I don't want to be part of that group of idiot people (or should we say trolls?) which talks without respect for you and your team ;)

Last edited:
I think AC is great on content, laser scanned tracks and great car brands but I feel it lacks some basics functions like a better penalty system, no auto speed limiter on pitlane, etc etc
AMS is a good example,even if still based on ISI phisycs engine (which isn't the subject of this post) you have the opportunity to simulate a proper race weekend, with rules and little details which have great impact during race...like false start, drive troughs, etc
Really? I miss them...long time i don't play it...
It is so obvious that you have not seen AC for long time yet you still try to make a point about it.
If AMS is a good example of "complete package", can it at least include a "basic function" called custom championship mode? Can I have a search button for opponent cars so it is just slightly easier to have a multi-class grid? What is the temperature of the track and can I change it to match real world conditions? How is the rubber built-up condition on the track?

Ok to tell the truth, I myself often point to AMS for new people and say "that is a complete package", too. I've got the game, I already threw my money and supported the beta version or whatever the plan was called. How do I support Reiza more? Well I point to AMS for new people and say "that is a complete package". It seems to be a "politically correct" thing now in the sim racing world to point at AC and say "that lacks tracks and misses features", point at RF2 and say "that is our physics simulator benchmark", point at iRacing and say "best multiplayer ever but just a bit expensive", and point to AMS and say "It really is a shame it has very few active players it is so underrated but it's the most complete package".

And people say all these "PC" things without actually thinking.

Forza Alfa!!

Too bad it will not be used 1 week after the dlc anymore....thats what make me sick of ac.
So many cars and tracks and all you can do is hotlapping the nos in streetcars or race gt2/3 at spa and maybe brandhatchs. Or the other popular serverconfigs....only 2 cars. Everything else is dead in online quickplay. God i miss the streetfight servers. This where the only ones which stopped me from not playing ac online....

GT4 online? Nope
GT1 online? Nope
Red Bull Ring online? Nope
Vallelunga online? Nope
Classic Openwheelers? Nope
Classic Silverstone? Nope
Zandvoort? Nope
DTM´s? Barely seen
Imola? Barely seen without GT2/3 config
Mugello? Barely seen without GT2/3 config

Even the "bigger" online communtiys just run 99% of the time boring 2 cars only configs....i dont get it...why they are seem to be so focused on the "competitive" side and cause of that just forget that
a) 90% of "competitive simracers" cant drive competitive (barely straight forward most times lol)
b) with that focus 95% of the content is useless
c) is it really that much less fun for going max 4th place in a multiclass race instead of 1th in a singleclass race?

So yeah nice new cars but after 1 week the same boring gt2/3 or 2 cars only **** is ruling online again...

• Deleted member 241736

Berni calm down, if KUNOS further feed its ignorance and ignore what we Racers and CUSTOMERs want, need and suggested, AC will swap to nothing if S.Mad Studios will make a great job on 22.9.! When it comes to me, I love AC but I recognise a more and more narcissism by Marco and his crew (devs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, to get back on topic....
Which iirc still is about the Alfa 33 and possible other Alfa Romeo cars to be released in a maybe (maybe not) pack...
Thought I could take advantage of the situation and post some more of what I, and I'm sure many others would like to see. In any case they are nice pictures. Of Alfas. Can't have enough Alfas..
1934-Alfa-Romeo-Tipo-B-P3.jpg

Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3

ce8f436b09d7b5eaa0a8bf63fe8c41c0.jpg

Alfa Romeo P3 Tipo B Aerodinamica

And before I forget...

c52.jpg

Touring Superleggera Disco Volante

And the open version:

1952-alfa-romeo-disco-volante-1312197-3801447.jpg

So many good looking Alfa Romeos.

Last edited:
If AMS is a good example of "complete package", can it at least include a "basic function" called custom championship mode?
There is!
Can I have a search button for opponent cars so it is just slightly easier to have a multi-class grid?
You can have multi-class race, select which cars to race and how much of them
What is the temperature of the track and can I change it to match real world conditions?
Temperatures are based on real tracks as far as I know, you can't change them...
How is the rubber built-up condition on the track?
Rubber built-up...eeer...let me check...

:p

Same for the guy wishing for false starts and drive-through penalties.

:redface: I just missed a couple of updates

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea