Some cars have no sound in a multi-car race

Hoksu

Premium
When doing singleplayer a race with a grid of 20-24 that has a large number of different cars (as opposed to a one-make race or having 2-3 different cars), some cars have no sound. The sound works in all cars when hotlapping alone, but in a race it doesn't work with some cars. For example I just did a race with GT3 (Kunos and RSS cars), there were 3 Nissans, 2 of them had no sound while one had. Same thing happens often with GTE (Kunos cars, URD mods, zbw 488), some cars have no sounds while others do. It happens with Kunos cars and mods, and with Kunos cars it happens with both vanilla and mod sounds. Haven't discovered any pattern as to which cars it happens to.

Any suggestions of how to fix this? I use CSP 0.1.79, has happened with earlier CSP versions. I have tried changing CSP settings such as disabling some of the loading optimizations in general patch settings, but that hasn't fixed it.

Try setting Limit Audio in General Patch Settings to 0. It may help.
Tried that, didn't fix the problem, might decrease how many cars are without sounds though. I just tried a GT2/GTE race against 29 AI cars, 2 Porsches had no sounds, mine does (my car always has sounds, only AI cars don't), other 27 cars had sounds. Often it's been like 6 out of 19 that have no sounds.

Tried that, didn't fix the problem, might decrease how many cars are without sounds though. I just tried a GT2/GTE race against 29 AI cars, 2 Porsches had no sounds, mine does (my car always has sounds, only AI cars don't), other 27 cars had sounds. Often it's been like 6 out of 19 that have no sounds.

Had/have this same issue. Came out of nowhere. I ended up downloading a load of sound mods for the gt3 and gte to sort it. When life gives you lemons :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea