Some AI don't pull away from the grid at start of race

As title says, I cant seem to find an answer on Google for this.
I have content manager & sol.
nearly all races i get around 5 AI cars that just don't pull away when the lights go out, causing all the other AI to just stop behind in a long train.
sometimes, the stationary cars retire, sometimes they sit on there grid for the entire race, causing a yellow flag every lap.
seems to happen with Kunos (brands hatch for example) & mod tracks, and makes no difference what car pack I am racing, any ideas??
Thanks in advance

There are some topics already here @RD about that. So far i know there is no 100% fix for that right now.

-It can be caused fe. by old track mods, with old pit_line.ai and fast_line.ai Also here you can find some updates with new lines for many tracks.
- It can be caused by car-mods.

From my experience (i race with many mods agains the AI very often) first you have to try is restart the session. After the restart or maybe you need 2 or 3 or even more restarts but finally at the end it always helps. Try also first go to the box and restart from there.

So far i had 1 or 2 cars which never wanted to start but usually it should help. So i had to take em out of the grid.

Second thing i have experienced and i hope its not a placebo effect is - If i mode my game on one day and play right away on, this starting error will appear very often. If i do not mod the game 1 or 2 days, afterthat this error do not appear even on tracks it appears before. I know it sounds strange, but my problem solved themself. Right now i got the error only ocassional.

To me it never happened out of the blue, but it does happen everytime an AI car crashes on Quali. I even tested it by crashing onto an AI car during Quali, making it return to pits, and when that happens, that AI will never get off the starting line when the race starts, eventually going to pits and eventually getting stuck there until the end of the race.

I do have AI behaviour enabled - so I shall disable that and try it.

Also, funny, I find some cars that don't do a lap in qualy, are the cars that don't move away in the race, I never noticed that until you mentioned it! so looks like the problem starts before the race, its the cars that either crash in qualy, or just don't put a lap time together.

so just run a race weekend (i used the btcc mod this time)
practise, fine, all cars set a lap (20 minutes practise)
Qualifying, had about 8 cars that did not leave the pits, when I jumped into there cockpit, i noticed the car was bouncing up & down?
Come to the race, yup, those cars that were bouncing up & down in the pits are the ones that dont get away.

I just ran standard weather (the same race) not SOL weather and all cars got away.
I then tried it on a different track, with different mod and it appears only 2 cars failed to get away, so, seems to be less when i dont use the sol weather mod

Yeah I also know this behavior when cars do not move in quali. If you play full quali they just placed on last positions and retire just after the start.

But if you skip the quali before it ends they qualify somewhere in the grid and after the start they block everything.

It seems to be a Kunos feature LOL In ACC you have to wait (what makes me nervous) until quali is done :D

Seriously that’s a strange thing with Sol. I don’t think the weather is the only reason for this behavior but it seem to have an impact.

I don’t use sol and my problem appears not often and always with 1 or 2 cars never more, but when I click restart it fixes himself.
And like i Said above if i dont touch the Game in terms of modding - the Problem appears less or not at all.

Ps: sorry for my poor english

I have also noticed there seems to be a bug in Assetto Corsa when you do a race and decide to do a restart of races that there may be a couple cars that dont leave the starting grid. If I do a full exit race and come back again to do/start a race, all is fine.

So you may notice this from time to time.

I have also noticed there seems to be a bug in Assetto Corsa when you do a race and decide to do a restart of races that there may be a couple cars that dont leave the starting grid. If I do a full exit race and come back again to do/start a race, all is fine.

So you may notice this from time to time.

I've experienced this, from what I've seen it's cars who have retired in the previous race. The fix I've found that works every time is just hit 'restart session' around 4 times.

I heard Billy Strange mentioning something in his video about editing the cars gearing, what part is this as i have worked out which cars are the problem for me and have unpacked their data, what part of the drive train am i editing? Or is it rev pick up related?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.