Solitude_1967

Tracks Solitude_1967 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Again I think you are confusing Custom Shaders Patch and Content Manager. I've never developed any mods so I'm afraid I can't help you figure out how Content Manager detects and applies updates to an installed mod; all I know as a user is that normally when you drag and drop a mod to CM and it's a new version of an already installed one CM detects it as an update and only replaces/adds the bits that have changed, or so I gather. Sometimes a fresh installation is required, and in these cases the author specifies it in the update notes. How mod updates work in RD (i.e. how to properly upload a new version of a mod) is an entirely different story and I won't even get into it, I have no idea.
You might want to reach out to the CM developers on Discord to gather the information you need to fix those quirks.
I've installed Solitude 1964 from RD and found that it also frequently crashes acs.exe upon launch in much the same way. Is your version a fork of that one i.e. did you use the 1964 mod as a base?
This version I did it in 2017 and wasn't released. I released the track in rFactor2 if you can't see the differences in the road for the 1964 look again. Nevertheless I don't have a clue how that CM install the tracks it supposably should delete the older version and install the new. If it mix the 2 versions it shouldn't when the new version is complete but I don't have to know it do I, I do the tracks for who want them I don't need to have the knowledge of RD CM or whatever. I understand your concern next time I'll ask you what to do if you don't mind. You know a lot of the installation please install it manually to not have problems of mixing versions, that's what I do to prevent problems. Enjoy your evening.

When you install a track through Content Manager, CM's default behaviour is to add the files to the existing folder if there is one. This is a GOOD thing because it means you can add files containing additional layouts etc without breaking existing tracks etc.

CM provides the option to "clean install" which deletes the folder first. Since you elected to move the original layout to its own subfolder from 1.1 to 1.2, it's might be worth mentioning for users migrating from earlier than 1.2, they should clean install in CM, or remove the old track first. This isn't a CM problem; users would have the same symptoms if they manually unpacked the archive into their installation folder in Windows, which frankly is probably what most people would do.

> track map is one of them, but the track map is supported by other app's and get in the track. CSP is still under development so it has problems here and there. The track map is shown in the track so is there.

It's not a "CSP is still under development" thing. In version 1.1 you had map.png in the track root folder, but when you moved to separate layout folders you didn't move map.png into there (it needs to sit beside the ai and data folders, under both "solitude" and "solitude_low"). Have a look at a Kunos track like ks_vallelunga for an example.

When you install a track through Content Manager, CM's default behaviour is to add the files to the existing folder if there is one. This is a GOOD thing because it means you can add files containing additional layouts etc without breaking existing tracks etc.

CM provides the option to "clean install" which deletes the folder first. Since you elected to move the original layout to its own subfolder from 1.1 to 1.2, it's might be worth mentioning for users migrating from earlier than 1.2, they should clean install in CM, or remove the old track first. This isn't a CM problem; users would have the same symptoms if they manually unpacked the archive into their installation folder in Windows, which frankly is probably what most people would do.

> track map is one of them, but the track map is supported by other app's and get in the track. CSP is still under development so it has problems here and there. The track map is shown in the track so is there.

It's not a "CSP is still under development" thing. In version 1.1 you had map.png in the track root folder, but when you moved to separate layout folders you didn't move map.png into there (it needs to sit beside the ai and data folders, under both "solitude" and "solitude_low"). Have a look at a Kunos track like ks_vallelunga for an example.
Right you are. I'll keep that in mind. Sorry my confusion with the CSP and CM I wanted to say CM indeed I wasn't thinking well.

Hey there,

i also have the winter scenery locked. Even by tweaking the track adjustments in CSP settings.
Using pure weather, usually, i can just set the date and see the scenery going thru seasons, but so far i only get the white/grey winter scenery with the track.

Anyone knows what to edit ?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 12 57.1%