socks or slippers??

Socks in the summer, slippers in cooler weather, like these:

s-l1600.jpg

But, I have wanted to find a pair of shoes with thin enough soles to be able to use them with heavy duty pedals like the HE Sprints. I have tried a couple of pairs of Adidas racing shoes, but the soles were too thick to have any kind of useful pedal feel for me. However, I think I have finally found a pair of shoes that will keep my feet warm in the winter while allowing for good pedal feel, and it's a pair of...wrestling shoes. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but have been testing this pair out the last few days, and they're working great.

Capture.PNG

These were $44 on Amazon and I'm going to keep them for the really cold weather this winter when the soft slippers just won't quite cut it in terms of keeping my feet warm.

Also, have found another pair of slippers for cool/warm weather that might edge out the fuzzy ones above. You can find these on Amazon as well for $20, and they are really well made slipper socks that have durability as well as great pedal feel with a very thin, flexible rubber sole:

1Capture.PNG

Really impressed with these so far and will be testing them out more over the next days/weeks.

Upvote 0
Fast Track Sims Sim Shoes ftw

FTS has been around and has a good reputation.

Had my shoes for a number of years now and they have some wear but they're remarkably good for their age and use.

Upvote 0
In the past years I used ballet slippers
View attachment 412117
but my heel hurt after 2-3 hours at wheel and I changed this to aqua shoes which offer better heel support and I will never go back to socks or slippers
View attachment 412118
Yeah, I've found that having a rolled heel is one of the most important things in a good driving shoe. When you consider that the whole weight of your lower leg and foot (and upper leg too, depending on posture) is supported on that little contact patch, maybe for hours on end, it's no wonder sore heels seems to be the biggest complaint after extended time at the wheel. It's a no-brainer having a shoe that cups & cushions the heel and supports it properly at a naturally higher driving angle, and not just at a lower walking angle like most shoes. The rolled heel obviously also provides a smooth and consistent 'pivot point' for atriculating the foot when operating the pedals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had been using socks (with T3PA-Pro + conical brake mod), but always suffered with a sore big toe (it seems I control the brake pedal mostly with pressure from my toe, rather than my whole foot). I have tried old Converse with the inner soles pulled out, thin-soled 'fashion shoes' and slippers, but none of them felt right.

I have recently bought a set of CSP v3 pedals and after watching a Sim Racing Corner video on YouTube I bought a pair of Hot Tuna aqua shoes from Sports Direct.

1602495707547.png

They are the best £8.50 I have ever spent! The feel is perfect, the grip is great, they have a cupped heal and even have the sole wrapped round the edges for heal & toe shifting. I can't recommend them enough. I am a UK size 9 but went for the snug fit of an 8, in case anyone tries them.

Upvote 0
Using a pair of indoor soccer shoes. I found for $30, and they do very well. Thin sole, and comfortable. I was using socks until I got a loadcell brake.

Not pretty, but gets the job done.

1602548749064.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moccasin slippers with a very thin sole. Not because of the LC brake, but in socks my heels start to ache after a while.
Last weekend the missus took a look at those (meanwhile heavily worn) moccasins and mumbled "Why don't you get yourself a pair of proper shoes", and she hadn't even finished her sentence, when I sat at the PC and ordered a pair of "Speed Milan KS-2" (€ 64,99), which arrived today.

I'm wearing them right now to break them in and have to say, they're very comfortable. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea