socks or slippers??

Am I the only one uses a double sock set up. 2nd pair being very thick. ;)
Nope - I do the same. The second pair being these - custom designed for sim racing with a grippy sole. :)
51n+I6U7yOL._AC_SS350_.jpg
51n+I6U7yOL._AC_SS350_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BIGFOOT-SL...s=slipper+socks+bigfoot&qid=1587663862&sr=8-6

Upvote 0
Great sale price at $20 USD down from $50 . . .

They have my size(!) . . .

At first glance, the trim on white version looks like they were made for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1! (Not a bad thing!) . . .

I AM TEMPTED! But I will stick with my like new Puma Ferrari racing shoes.

Upvote 0
Great sale price at $20 USD down from $50 . . .

They have my size(!) . . .

At first glance, the trim on white version looks like they were made for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1! (Not a bad thing!) . . .

I AM TEMPTED! But I will stick with my like new Puma Ferrari racing shoes.
I'm in UK and paid around £20 for them a couple of years ago - struggle to get the for below £50 now.

Upvote 0
Interesting how the Puma US store has slashed prices on the Redon while not offering the Kart Cat and not discounting any of the Merc items here. I suspect there is more demand for F1 related kit in the UK but what do I know? With all the hype about global markets, pricing remains oddly regional.

Upvote 0
These Puma racing shoes are now $29, down from $100... might pick a pair up

Mercedes-AMG-Petronas-Future-Kart-Cat-Shoes
Good Lord! $29? I'd have snapped their hands off at that price. We never get offers anywhere near that here in the UK.
I've been a sock racer for years but it turns out this isn't a good idea at all for the health of your feet, so I'm currently looking at sim racing shoe options.
Need to be thin soled (but still spread the pedal contact load a little, so aqua shoes are no good), have a rolled heel, streamlined design with no silly side mouldings to snag when moving between pedals, easily slip on/off the foot for less faff, low profile design (boots would be overkill for sim racing, and hotter), light and breathable, and of course - comfortable.
Puma Redon seem to tick all the boxes (and look good too) but these seem to have been discontinued so any available in my size (UK 11, so I'd go for 12 being Puma) are quite expensive.
Another alternative is the Puma Drift Cat with the Velcro straps.
Any other suggestions folks?
I saw a pair of Slazengers being reviewed and these looked OK and cheap, but.. Sports Direct. Quality and longevity are alien concepts in that place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I use these, OMP KS-3 boots.
Really comfy, and feel good on the pedals.
Definaltly gave 0.6-0.8 second per lap improvement, how much of that is down to the green laces I cant say, but colourful laces gave me better consistency for sure

Upvote 0
Good Lord! $29? I'd have snapped their hands off at that price. We never get offers anywhere near that here in the UK.
I've been a sock racer for years but it turns out this isn't a good idea at all for the health of your feet, so I'm currently looking at sim racing shoe options.
Need to be thin soled (but still spread the pedal contact load a little, so aqua shoes are no good), have a rolled heel, streamlined design with no silly side mouldings to snag when moving between pedals, easily slip on/off the foot for less faff, low profile design (boots would be overkill for sim racing, and hotter), light and breathable, and of course - comfortable.
Puma Redon seem to tick all the boxes (and look good too) but these seem to have been discontinued so any available in my size (UK 11, so I'd go for 12 being Puma) are quite expensive.
Another alternative is the Puma Drift Cat with the Velcro straps.
Any other suggestions folks?
I saw a pair of Slazengers being reviewed and these looked OK and cheap, but.. Sports Direct. Quality and longevity are alien concepts in that place.

Haha, when that sale was going I ended up getting a different pair of driving shoes from Puma, but didn't realize how small they ran. I ordered a US mens 9.5 but in reality they're like size 8, or like women's 9.5. I had heard they run a little small and are very narrow but this was like trying to put a ballerina shoe on my foot.

I was looking at the Redon as well, and despite being out of production there are many examples around still at various outlets and $55 was as high as I saw them selling for. I really wanted a pair of OG Sparco Speedcats though, their most popular shoe like 20yrs ago that they stopped making and updated with this reissue. They sold out in normal sizes/colors quickly, but luckily made another batch. Picked up a black/white pair.. they were $100 though but are fantastic driving shoes.. mine are finally getting broken in after wearing them for a few shopping trips. I normally wear 9.5-10 so got 10.5 and they fit perfect.

Speedcat-OG-Sparco-Motorsport-Shoes

Upvote 0
Haha, when that sale was going I ended up getting a different pair of driving shoes from Puma, but didn't realize how small they ran. I ordered a US mens 9.5 but in reality they're like size 8, or like women's 9.5. I had heard they run a little small and are very narrow but this was like trying to put a ballerina shoe on my foot.

I was looking at the Redon as well, and despite being out of production there are many examples around still at various outlets and $55 was as high as I saw them selling for. I really wanted a pair of OG Sparco Speedcats though, their most popular shoe like 20yrs ago that they stopped making and updated with this reissue. They sold out in normal sizes/colors quickly, but luckily made another batch. Picked up a black/white pair.. they were $100 though but are fantastic driving shoes.. mine are finally getting broken in after wearing them for a few shopping trips. I normally wear 9.5-10 so got 10.5 and they fit perfect.

Very nice! I'd be tempted to relace them with thin bungee for slip-on-and-offability if I was only wearing them for simming.

I ended up finding a pair of Puma Drift Cat 5 ACs in my size (well, Puma size, so a size bigger), BNIB, for £26 delivered (I forgot to add the delivery charge - D'oh!). More than happy with that as it's cheaper than the Sports Direct Slazengers that I was considering and they'll undoubtedly be better and last fifty times longer. White/white wouldn't have been my first choice but for that price beggars can't be choosers and I'm unlikely to be judged by members of the public as the shoes will be confined to my sim room.

Puma1.PNG
Puma2.PNG

Yes, I know, they look a bit General Hospital but think of the money I'll save by not needing to turn the lights on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I used to love my Puma Speedcats. Had a pair in brown suede and looked pretty good with Jeans.
Made driving so much more comfortable than shoes. I wish I had bought more pairs when in the UK as I've not seen them out here in Malaysia...

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea