AC Social Event:Mazda MX cup @ Vallelunga Classic - Wed 11OCT17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
  • Deleted member 387850

I'm hoping to join this but I'll confirm nearer the time if that's okay! The MX-5 Cup is a new car to me but I'm assuming it has a H-pattern gearbox? If so do people generally use clutch and H-shifter with heel-toe on the downshifts to avoid locking? Apologies if this isn't the best place to ask!

I'm hoping to join this but I'll confirm nearer the time if that's okay! The MX-5 Cup is a new car to me but I'm assuming it has a H-pattern gearbox? If so do people generally use clutch and H-shifter with heel-toe on the downshifts to avoid locking? Apologies if this isn't the best place to ask!
Hi, i personally drive with my shifter, im not a lover of paddles mainly because of the cars i drive.. it just doesn't feel right for me.
But the option is for anybody to use paddles if they so wish..
i use my clutch on the up shifts and tend to blip on the downshift in the mazda,
The server allows for the use of auto clutch and blip so any combo you like really its up to you..

• Deleted member 387850

Hi, i personally drive with my shifter, im not a lover of paddles mainly because of the cars i drive.. it just doesn't feel right for me.
But the option is for anybody to use paddles if they so wish..
i use my clutch on the up shifts and tend to blip on the downshift in the mazda,
The server allows for the use of auto clutch and blip so any combo you like really its up to you..

Thanks Rupe, I'll give paddles with auto clutch/blip vs. shifter a try in practice beforehand! Love the experience of driving with the shifter but my braking can be inconsistent at best ;)

• Deleted member 387850

Thanks for another great race! I had a great first 10 minutes or so up until I found out that two abreast into the fast chicane on the straight can end badly. Apologies to anyone who got caught up with my spinning top! I still had some great, clean battles at the back of the field so thoroughly enjoyed it. As a newcomer I have to say I'm finding these races really well organised and very welcoming and accessible. Thanks once again.

One quick question - after the race I couldn't see anywhere obvious where I could see the full race results. When I exited the race it took me to a summary page where I could only see tabs for Practice and Qualifying but there was only data for Practice and nothing at all for the race. Is there an obvious way to get data after the race like your lap times etc?

Thanks for another great race! I had a great first 10 minutes or so up until I found out that two abreast into the fast chicane on the straight can end badly. Apologies to anyone who got caught up with my spinning top! I still had some great, clean battles at the back of the field so thoroughly enjoyed it. As a newcomer I have to say I'm finding these races really well organised and very welcoming and accessible. Thanks once again.

One quick question - after the race I couldn't see anywhere obvious where I could see the full race results. When I exited the race it took me to a summary page where I could only see tabs for Practice and Qualifying but there was only data for Practice and nothing at all for the race. Is there an obvious way to get data after the race like your lap times etc?

Hi and im glad you are having fun, I had a funny race also last night spinning 2 x and then trying to race through a pack, i do believe we were racing each other at one time or 2..
For your results from the race look in this folder
Documents -> Assetto Corsa -> out -> race_out.json
WARNING: This file will be overridden for each game session.
copy paste this file in say HERE
please don't post the results at RD, they are for your private use only.

Yeah the results screen is a bit... I can recommend to use content manager. You'll get a "real" results window that I prefer :)

For race results: Sadly they are only written into a text file that gets overwritten the moment you start any new session. Offline or online, replay or not.
You find it here:
C:\Users\%yourName%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\out\
File name: race_out.json
And again i will ask please do not post any results from our club races in the forum.

Sometimes the json file gets corrupted though for whatever reason. Tag me or PM me and I will send you the never-corrupted nor overwritten server sided json of the race :)
Sadly the server sided json doesn't include the first lap of the race, which is the one with the most action :(

If you want to have your json backed up, you could write a little batch file that will take your last created json and rename it with a timestamp. I have created another desktop shortcut for starting Assetto Corsa, which runs the little batchfile before starting the game.
Yes, complicated but it does the job.

I will just put my way down in here, just ignore it if you aren't interested :)

B:\Spiele\Assetto Content Manager\ (or wherever you installed it):
Batch1 into this folder:
@echo off
start /D "B:\Spiele\Assetto Content Manager" Content_Manager.exe
cd E:\Users\Rasmus\Documents\Assetto Corsa\out\
timeout /t 1
start /D "E:\Users\Rasmus\Documents\Assetto Corsa\out" /min race_out_json_Backup.bat

You need to change the paths accordingly!
cd = change directory
/D = "start in new window"
@echo off = good question...

The second batch in the "out" folder:
set timestamp=%time::=-%
ren "race_out.json" "race_result - %date:/=_%_%timestamp:,=-%.json"
exit

ren = rename
the cache variable "timestamp" is needed because of the two steps formatting. I couldn't figure out how to do this in one step. The problem is that you can't have some signs in filenames and the German windows format causes problems.

This one just needs to be put into the "out" folder!
If your system language differs, the time function will need to be formatted in another way!
The formatting is like this:
Changing ":" to "-" -> ::=-
Chaning "/" to "_" -> :/=_

This renames "race_out.json" to "race_result - 03.10.2017_23-48-24-20.json".
If you can figure out how to get rid of the last two numbers (tenth and hundreds of the second), please give me a shout :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from what Rasmus and Rupe have said, can I just check if you're already familiar with the post-session info screens that you only see if you hit "escape" and choose "back to pits"?
In that screen (bottom button in the red column on the left of the screen) you can then click on any driver in the list, and then click on the little red stopwatch-like icon on the left column, which will list the sector times for that driver for every lap of the session.
You can even click the outrageously-badly-named "print" button which despite its name doesn't print anything but instead generates a blahblah.CSV file in the "out" folder, which - wait for it - is NOT in fact a bunch of comma-separated values, but actually semi-colon-separated values. ROFL...
Once you actually exit the race however, that info all seems to be gone, which is a bit of a pain. Then you are only left with the JSON file, which doesn't store both races in a two-race session, or the server-side JSON files, which don't record the first lap. Kunos have a bit of tidying up to do there, but I still love AC despite this nonsensical stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back