AC Social Event: Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Vallelunga Classic - Wed 05Sep18S

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This might be a bit much to ask, but it'd be really cool if one of the faster/experienced guys could help a rookie driver like me to go faster around the track and give some general tips for improvement. I'm still waiting for those driver academies, and I feel like a some guidance would go a long way to helping me improve. Otherwise I'll just be out there experimenting, which is also a lot of fun, but a bit less time effective :D

Don't discount "experimenting". Very often you can learn more from your experiments and actually FEEL the changes you make rather than reading about it or watching a vid.

May I suggest that you might cue up a a 5 lap Quick Race between yourself and one AI set to 100%, zero aggression. When done, save the vid and go for a ride with the AI, making sure that you have the Pedals app on. I still learn quite a bit from the AI, but then I always say that if you are of a mind to, you can learn from almost anything.

Also ... save the vids from your race so you can see what the other drivers, especially the fast boys, are doing ...

All this said, the Ghost Car is a good help, especially if you make him one second faster than you ... but I don't like it much because it makes me cross-eyed.;)

Last edited:
This might be a bit much to ask, but it'd be really cool if one of the faster/experienced guys could help a rookie driver like me

Well ... I ain't much faster ... but I do have a little tip. I don't know if it's real or a placebo, but I find that noting the track temps on the sign in: Track Temps: 27c-29c

and putting the average (aka ... middle) number on the Session panel of the DRIVE screen where it says "Ambient Temperature" allows me to think I am practicing on the same kind of track I will be racing on come race day. Unless I am very wrong I think it makes a difference.

Well count me in on my first AC race event. Looking forward to it. Just working on setting up the SIM and practicing. And more importantly I'm in the best of good company, so Mr Craig would you be kind to sign me up for this event. Thank you.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back