So how does this game stack up to Asseto/Rfactor2?

Hi guys,

Reading a lot of good things about this game. I bought Rfactor2 but cant be bothered installing all the add ons. ALso, single player content is missing. Asseto is nice, but mostly non-F1 cars. This game, though has much of the cars I was waiting for. Proper V10s, V12s and some more hirtoric cars. My question: is it worth the buy? How does it stack to the other games? Any news when it comes back to Steam?

Btw, I raced Codemasters f12013 a lot of times, and earlier modes (hate new V6turbos, so havent bought any since) and then I installed F1 challenge 99-02. Will you believe that 14 year old game has better physics than Codemasters F1xxx titles? I couldnt believe how stiff the car was handling, and how soft it feels in the codemasters game. How does Automobilista feel?

People trot out all the usual prejudices, but the fact is there are far more people racing AC on-line than either rF2 or SCE.
In no way is that an indication of AC's multiplayer being better. In Australia, more people watch "My Kitchen Rules" (a reality cooking show/contest and the highest rating show in the country), than QandA (a political and social debate show), but that doesn't mean that My Kitchen Rules is better than QandA. It just means that more people enjoy trash television.

Viewing figures do not mean that something is objectively better and it's the exact same situation with AC's mp compared to AMS/rF2.

Saying that AMS and rF2 have better multiplayer is not "trotting out all the usual prejudices", it's just stating a fact, much like saying that Assetto Corsa has better graphics than AMS/rF2. There is no debate as it's just a fact.

I've organised multiplayer clubs and leagues in AC for long enough now to know first hand that AMS and rF2 have vastly better MP... It's not even close.

Last edited:
Actually, I prefer AMS graphics :) . pC and AC graphics make me feel too detached - like I'm watching a movie rather than driving a car. I realize I'm in a minority (perhaps of one) on this. There is something altogether more visceral about AMS as a whole package.

I haven't been able to get into rF2 enough to be able to form an opinion. But I guess that says I prefer GSCE and AMS, because that's where I spend my time.

Last edited:
There is something altogether more visceral about AMS as a whole package.

I think SCE and AMS have a very raw feel to them compared to AC. I enjoy both, and AC does the general things that I would expect from a particular car, but it doesn't feel as good to me and I personally feel it (or the tires perhaps) are too forgiving. It seems to me that you can get cars into some serious slides and it seems too easy in my opinion to catch and control them. From the sims I have tried I feel and believe that AMS has the most dialed in physics. I could be wrong though, and I have never driven RF2. One thing I can say is that the games and sims have come a long way and there are so many great options we have available now a days!

I own pretty much all sims on Steam from rF over GPL and AC to pCars and yet i end up launching AMS every time.
I don't know why, it's just the whole package feels so good. In contrary to many here i don't mind physics accuracy as i prefer the feel.
Graphics are good enough for racing and i don't care that much if gras in TV replays looks unreal or there's no heat shimmering. If i want to watch a race on TV, i'd watch a race on TV.

Actually, I prefer AMS graphics :) . pC and AC graphics make me feel too detached - like I'm watching a movie rather than driving a car. I realize I'm in a minority (perhaps of one) on this. There is something altogether more visceral about AMS as a whole package.

I haven't been able to get into rF2 enough to be able to form an opinion. But I guess that says I prefer GSCE and AMS, because that's where I spend my time.
8+ agree's at the moment, our minority is perhaps not so small as u think. :rolleyes:

I grew up with all generations of games (my first computer was a "C64", hehe, u know what it is, its a "PC" from the 80's..), from the first pixel monsters to 3D accelerated graphic cards until today. AMS feels very familiar for that matter. These photorealistic games still need a little tweaking, i think. (at least for my taste)
And in that point i trust reiza's magic touch to make a better engine in the next titles, but i'm very satisfied too with AMS at the moment. For the future i wish me a engine with the same clarity like AMS, and a bit more realistic. That would be fine. (and add cloudy skies pls..)

Btw: I must say IRacing is very close to my taste, not necessarily the trees and some other details, but the whole package looks nice and clean. Like it.

Last edited:
I think SCE and AMS have a very raw feel to them compared to AC. I enjoy both, and AC does the general things that I would expect from a particular car, but it doesn't feel as good to me and I personally feel it (or the tires perhaps) are too forgiving. It seems to me that you can get cars into some serious slides and it seems too easy in my opinion to catch and control them. From the sims I have tried I feel and believe that AMS has the most dialed in physics. I could be wrong though, and I have never driven RF2. One thing I can say is that the games and sims have come a long way and there are so many great options we have available now a days!
Which cars between ams and ac were you comparing their sliding and recovery?

From the sims I have tried I feel and believe that AMS has the most dialed in physics. I could be wrong though, and I have never driven RF2.
Drive it mate. It's awesome. I prefer AMS and it is my #1 sim but nobody is simulating stuff better than rF2 right now. Curious to see what Reiza will do for their next sim considering AMS is being a great experiment for them

I still find it strange that Reiza with very small resources, can simulate an F1 weekend better than codies,who have the bloody licence!!. But yes AMS does simulate the best out of all the sims IMO.And the physics rock!.

IMHO AMS Beats AC all day every day..

AC Has Best Graphics. but thats about it..
RF2 A slightl lead over physics model because of the new Engine ISI used in RF2 best lacks content and overall quality and community, I mean come on There are lot more players in RF1 these days than on RF2 Which is almost a decade younger..
AMS Best FFB ,Best Content,Best Multiplayer. ETC. It's so good that even FOM didn't like it. ;)

Agree. Its oversaturated. And every sim offers everything, back in the day you had sims/games for different genres and one of them was a queen amongst them; CMR for rally, Crammonds GP for F1 and so on. There were others that offered other things but complete package was always just one.

Now every sim has 50:50 pros and cons and It is impossible to pick one for many reasons.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back