Staff
Premium
V1.2.4.2 CHANGELOG
GENERAL
  • Updated recent Real Weather data

UI & HUD
  • Fixed tire temperature status widget not updating on some in-game screens
  • Fixed last session status being displayed on pre race leaderboard
  • Fixed championship round editor incorrectly altering session start hours when propagating race date changes
  • Fixed center column of drivetrain tab unelectable on setup editor
  • Fixed practice weather slot4 of in game session settings block referencing qualifying slot4

PHYSICS & AI
  • Minor tire tread adjustment for F-Vintages
  • Minor brake torque adjustment for all GT & Prototypes
  • AI callibration pass for F-V12, F-Vintage G1
  • Adjusted AI brake power & grip
  • Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Monza 1991 & Modern
  • Adjusted AI to start passing routines sooner
  • Slightly increased parameter to reducing AI propensity to cut corner to avoid a crash

TRACKS
  • Monza 2021 GP: Slight increased width of green runoff at Lesmos 1 and 2
  • Monza 1971: Increased road noise on banked oval first draft; Optimized terrain shadows, new shadow dummy for banked track structures Increased grid spacing
  • General art updates to all Monza versions
this is the first of two complementary updates planned to be deployed this week, featuring some high priority fixes and improvements to the latest release.

You're not alone, Paul ... I have exactly the same feeling.
No matter what I hope at each new update .... I still feel the same problem as the one I had with both Pcars versions without knowing what it is exactly.

The only common reason is surely the "Madness" engine that we don't like for the cars physics.

I supported Reiza until now hoping things would change, but I stop buying anything immediately as I'm now nearly sure AMS2 will finish with both Pcars sleeping in the PC.
I really hoped that their choice was maybe the right one ... but I feel now that it isn't.... in my own taste, of course.
I respect those who love it ... there's always a variety of tastes and that's fine.

Sad to read these comments, that maybe clarifies why there are not enough racers online in AMS2? People are used to different physics/car handling from different other sims and have bias about the engine.

For me the complete opposite is true: I really REALLY don't like project cars 2 at all, it's an terrible driving experience for me.

But the complete opposite is true for AMS2, for me it's the BEST driving experience at this moment. So I read these 2 comments with an element of suprise... In my opinion both games(PC2/AMS2) cannot be compared at all, it's like comparing ACC to other Unreal Enige 4 games.. which also couldn't be done. It drives COMPLETELY different in my opinion. I think that "bias" takes a big part in this opinion/driving feeling and I wonder how many car-track combo's you've tried and which versions of the games you played and especially how many time you took to get used to the way AMS2 drives compared to other sims.. Because AMS2 drives also indeed very different from AC/ACC/iRacing/RR, and that's what most drivers are used to these days... AMS2 is way more "alive" then these sims. Maybe it's hard to get used to this if you're an "die hard racer" in other sims.

I really hope that Reiza continues with what they are doing, for me the car feeling/ffb/handling/physics are close to perfect (not all cars, but most...). But maybe this choice will not let the user base grow fast enough, because they expect an similair driving as to what they are used to (AC/ACC/iRacing/RR feeling). Thanks for the great new patch Reiza, I enjoy this game more and more each day that I drive in it!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

So people buying the game and not playing because of the "bias"? Why spend money in the first place? Sounds almost like a race card.

Sad to read these comments, that maybe clarifies why there are not enough racers online in AMS2? People are used to different physics/car handling from different other sims and have bias about the engine.

For me the complete opposite is true: I really REALLY don't like project cars 2 at all, it's an terrible driving experience for me.

But the complete opposite is true for AMS2, for me it's the BEST driving experience at this moment. So I read these 2 comments with an element of suprise... In my opinion both games(PC2/AMS2) cannot be compared at all, it's like comparing ACC to other Unreal Enige 4 games.. which also couldn't be done. It drives COMPLETELY different in my opinion. I think that "bias" takes a big part in this opinion/driving feeling and I wonder how many car-track combo's you've tried and which versions of the games you played and especially how many time you took to get used to the way AMS2 drives compared to other sims.. Because AMS2 drives also indeed very different from AC/ACC/iRacing/RR, and that's what most drivers are used to these days... AMS2 is way more "alive" then these sims. Maybe it's hard to get used to this if you're an "die hard racer" in other sims.
PC2 is badly let down by the default FFB. Once you install something like PopsRacer FFB, it becomes a lot more acceptable and stuff like the murder kerbs get toned down. A good example of how bad FFB colours our experiences of the underlying physics.

The difference between AMS2/PC2 and other sims mainly comes from the tyre model (Renato has said most of the other components are modelled almost identically to AMS1), which has a less steep grip rise and fall-off leading to a slightly soft feeling in the initial turn-in. If you're used to the very sharp and responsive turn-in of sims like AC, it can feel weird and understeery at first. Also the grip loss is less sharp and sudden, which makes slides much more catchable compared to something like ACC or iRacing, which some people claim makes it "arcade" (oddly the same "arcade" catchable slides can be amply demonstrated in real life onboards). Some more analysis here:

If I bought AMS2 .... I had no "bias" at the start.
It's a fact that I don't like Pcars 1 and 2 .... but AMS is not Pcars ... so I couldn't know they'd keep not only the engine but most of the features that I also don't like in PC2.
- no real good FFB with the ingame possible settings except searching the internet and installing this or that !???
- no real unity in the cars handling ... some well done some still not or other ones rather poor.
- a nearly pure Pcars UI that I never liked remaining nearly unchanged
- still impossible to modify some assignments ( as Enter and Esc ..... by lack of luck mine for all other sims are the contrary ! as all other sims allow those changes )

Graphics and tracks are really a success in AMS2 ( I don't use VR but know that its use is much better than ACC for example ) but that's not enough for me to like it.
But I fully understand that it may please a majority .... it's just a question of taste and not "Bias". I always prefered GTR2 compared to Rfactor (1) .... for example. That's maybe why I prefer R3E, AC, ACC and even RF2 compared to Pcars and now AMS2 as long as they keep the Pcars con points.... ( I just tried Iracing during a very short period ... also fine ! ) .... a FFB has to be good without too many fake effects and might be done personally without having to put one's fingers in computer files.... reason why I'm also happy with the new RRE FFB ... no need for 20 lines settings if the FFB is well done at the start.

If I bought AMS2 .... I had no "bias" at the start.
It's a fact that I don't like Pcars 1 and 2 .... but AMS is not Pcars ... so I couldn't know they'd keep not only the engine but most of the features that I also don't like in PC2.
- no real good FFB with the ingame possible settings except searching the internet and installing this or that !???
I agree the default FFB isn't great for everyone, but you literally just have to download one file

pick the one best suited for your wheelbase, and drop it into My Documents/AMS2/ffb_custom_settings.txt. Try it out.

v1.2.4.3 with the BMW 2002 is out now.

Just an FYI that there are a couple of “game play” items in the release notes for some specific content. I just thought I’d draw attention to them since these particular kinds of updates have been uncommon.
  • Split Mini 1965 & Lotus 23 into a separate Vintage Touring Car tier from Corvette C3 and BMW 2002
  • Monza 1971: Move 10k rolling start location to mid point oval back straight; Fixed S/F Score Tower Z-fighting

I'm suprised there are no changes traction control. Driving GT3's and/or GTE's, I can turn TC off completely and it doesn't make a difference, I cannot produce any wheel spin at all, even at standing still starts, nothing!

Same thing for ABS, it doesn't matter if I have it on or not, the fronts never lock up and the rear will lock up the same way during trail braking, no matter which ABS setting I use.

Gonna test these FFB files, hopefully better than the one I'm using.

Any BMW aficionados here? What’s the deal with the backwards “turbo 2002” on the front spoiler? A google image search is showing me that it’s indeed accurate to the real world badging. Or at least modern reproductions of it on restored cars.

I just can’t imagine what on Earth the reasoning was for that. It’s not like you’re going to be looking at it from inside the engine compartment.

• Deleted member 197115

Does Kuku modify rFuktor preset for lesser wheels or makes one from the scratch?
rFuktor gets updates like twice a day, really hard to keep up, last time I have checked it (I think it was 4.4) it had 822 lines of code, how bad straight from the physics FFB must be to require such heavy massaging?

EDIT: Just checked Kuku's file, 1032 lines. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm suprised there are no changes traction control. Driving GT3's and/or GTE's, I can turn TC off completely and it doesn't make a difference, I cannot produce any wheel spin at all, even at standing still starts, nothing!

Same thing for ABS, it doesn't matter if I have it on or not, the fronts never lock up and the rear will lock up the same way during trail braking, no matter which ABS setting I use.

Gonna test these FFB files, hopefully better than the one I'm using.
The GT3/GTE have pretty sticky tyres when they're fresh, you won't get them to lock up very easily. Give it some laps and they'll wear off and start loosing grip more readily. The GTEs for sure should produce plenty of wheel spin once you turn TC off:

Many other classes of course will lock up/wheel spin quite easily.

@Jempy

I have a DD2, for me the FFB is perfect after I made some personal adjustments in the simple ingame FFB settings menu (damping, FX etc.) and some adjustments in Fanalab. Not much work, and it's personal preference. The default ini/cfg is perfect for me, I tried custom FFB files but they all were less to my taste. But I must say that the DD made a HUGE change for this game for me, I had a CSL belt driven wheel before and it was terrible comparted to the DD in AMS2 (but also in other games.. but the difference was the biggest in AMS2)

- no real unity in the cars handling ... some well done some still not or other ones rather poor.

Correct but that is also the case for all other sims. Renato Simioni just released an another patch today with much improvements, he keeps improving all cars. In his recent interview he said that it's the best to drive cars that are in the game already for a while. The newest cars that are just released are the worst to try since they haven't got tweaked/optimized that much yet(as the famous youtuber jimmy-something did, he tried 1 car that was just released for 1 day and then he took conclusions after he spinned around a few corners)

- a nearly pure Pcars UI that I never liked remaining nearly unchanged

In the most recent patch Reiza made some good improvements at the UI. But other then that, the logic of the UI was perfect IMO of PC2(one of the only things imo). btw, I use an XBOX controller for the menu's and that works perfect in VR. Much better the the mouse AI of AC and much better then RF2. BUT not as good as ACC's server browser so there is room for improvement but overal it's not something that's worse then in other sims at all.

- still impossible to modify some assignments ( as Enter and Esc ..... by lack of luck mine for all other sims are the contrary ! as all other sims allow those changes )
I never mentioned that to be honest. If this is the case then it should be added indeed.

Last edited:
Any BMW aficionados here? What’s the deal with the backwards “turbo 2002” on the front spoiler? A google image search is showing me that it’s indeed accurate to the real world badging. Or at least modern reproductions of it on restored cars.

I just can’t imagine what on Earth the reasoning was for that. It’s not like you’re going to be looking at it from inside the engine compartment.
It was written backwards, for the one who was driving in front of the BMW Turbo 2002, because when the BMW shows up in your rear mirror, you are able to read it then properly and you are aware what kind of car (or opponent ;-)) shows up right behind you. To make a long story short, it was to show the car in front of the bimmer -> "Move out of the way" ;-)

It's so that the people you follow (and are about to overtake) can read it in their rear view mirrors :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%