PC2 Slightly Mad Studios to Announce New IP?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has teased fans about an upcoming announcement.. a new game IP from the developers that brought you Project CARS and Need for Speed..

With Project CARS already out and taking on established PC and console racing rivals, plus with Project CARS 2 development well underway and the upcoming free to play Red Bull Air Race game also picking up pace one would be forgiven for thinking SMS already have enough on their plate, not so says Slightly Mad Studios Head Ian Bell!

Speaking with fans over on the GTP forum, Bell admitted Slightly Mad Studios have "massive news" unrelated to the Project CARS franchise, stating they intend to announce "a new franchise (that's) very VERY exciting".

So with previous titles Project CARS, Test Drive Ferrari Racing, Shift 2 Unleashed and Need for Speed Shift under its belt, what could the new IP mean for SMS?

When pushed on if the announcement relates to a racing title, Bell was cagey in his reply, responding "Yes, sort of", which only heightens the curiosity around the future reveal.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news on what Slightly Mad Studios have up their sleeve as and when it becomes available....

Last edited:
It was not that that made people furious, ofc they need to work on more than one game at the time. But announcing the next game just a few weeks after the first release, especially when the game is full of bugs and was not even (imo) ready to be released yet is not something I like to see. It makes me feel like the company just wants the game to be released asap to make money faster.
It's called open communication, but i agree that it isn't the best strategy in todays economy.

It would be the perfect strategy if all stakeholders would understand processes in a company, and would be able to comprehend why decisions are being taken. But since most people don't have a clue about any of it, and are not even willing to learn about it, it's clearly the false strategy.

Everytime uninformed stakeholders are involved, the best strategy is to withhold informations until shortly before they affect them (in case of a game it would be the release date).

But not every company has people employed contemplating about those things, so they have to learn it the hard way.

While i would definitely take this strategy (withholding informations), as a customer i am happy to be informed as soon as possible nevertheless.

PS: wether announcing a game or not, it doesn't change anything whatsoever about the release date. I hope at least that everyone understands. It also doesn't change the workload (=bugfixing in this case) on released games

People here should stop having a go at SMS and Ian Bell. Just stop it. They are the kings of simcade and that's something to be very proud of. Plus they made loads of dosh too. :sneaky::whistling::laugh:

Sim Shaming, could be a term developers can use if they feel the critics are too harsh, it'll probably make the news in this day and age.

Headline 'Stefano Casillo Sim Shamed for not simulating brake fade'

I can honestly see it.

Respect? I still haven't forgotten after all this time just how much 'respect' was shown towards the people who went to SMS forums to bring up valid complaints about the game they just spent their hard earned money on. PCars was completely unplayable on the consoles for MONTHS after launch. The hopes I had to race with good friends and setup some great, casual racing series were completely dashed when everybody else lost interest, asked for refunds, or just deleted the game and went back to Forza. I feel my money was wasted as well thanks to the fact that the initial impressions were so poor from others. Then, to add salt to the wound, if you even so much as glanced the wrong way at the game on their boards, you were perma-banned. People who spend 60 bucks on a game deserve to have their voices heard and their concerns addressed. Deliver a solid product and you won't have those people complaining to you.

Rather than fixing those issues, they announce PCars 2 and all of the promises for addons and car types were eventually pulled from the game to appear later in the sequel. Now, it seems as though they may be set to do it again, announcing a new game before PCars 2 is even out.

The sad thing is that I'm sure SMS has some tremendous developers and great all-around people on the team, but the guy at the top is a serious **** and so are his site mods. Childish behavior at its best.

Complete and utter nonsense, cretins who posted UNREASONABLE comments were banned etc, some people have no idea what reasonable criticism is and going by this thread 99% of that sort are here.

If I started slagging off Bram and staff here on a regular unreasonable basis I'd get banned just as much as on ANY forum ESPECIALLY an official one.

Complete and utter nonsense, cretins who posted UNREASONABLE comments were banned etc, some people have no idea what reasonable criticism is and going by this thread 99% of that sort are here.

If I started slagging off Bram and staff here on a regular unreasonable basis I'd get banned just as much as on ANY forum ESPECIALLY an official one.
People were angry and frustrated,it was a shambolic release and some nasty bugs are still not fixed and they out right lied about certain things,if game studios want more respect in there forums then release better games and stop taking gamers for mugs.

Seeing how they gave up on PCARS 1 and left it full of bugs so they could work on PCARS 2, and now announcing that they're splitting their time on PCARS 2 and this new venture even before it's release, does this mean that they'll give up on this third game before it even starts production and start another?

Not getting into a poo flinging contest here with a child. All I will say is it takes only 5 seconds to Google multiple sites including the screenshots of these "unreasonable" comments as you call them that got people banned. The original forum posts are still on the SMS board. In addition, there are even examples of the mods going in and altering people's posts and changing them from criticism of the game to praise. Again, all the evidence is out there. I don't need to justify myself here.

Not getting into a poo flinging contest here with a child. All I will say is it takes only 5 seconds to Google multiple sites including the screenshots of these "unreasonable" comments as you call them that got people banned. The original forum posts are still on the SMS board. In addition, there are even examples of the mods going in and altering people's posts and changing them from criticism of the game to praise. Again, all the evidence is out there. I don't need to justify myself here.

Yeah and man hasn't been to the moon and the yanks did 9/11 themselves. It's complete bull and and no matter how much people try and justify their position it wasn't reasonable criticism that got them banned. You get banned for being a dick and not for being reasonable. If you want to "prove" this then you should provide the "evidence". But of course it will be manipulated "evidence" no doubt, like show a "reasonable post" then the ban, when the two aren't related at all or one where it was a modding accident (which DO happen). This SMS and PCARS hatred is just so pathetic, People get banned on the AC forums and rightly so as well, if it's an official forum then there are STANDARDS of behaviour and etiquette that quite a few in the Simming community are oblivious of (a lot hang out here it seems).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back