SLi written in Race 07?

Hi, i have a strange issue, today when started up my Race 07 for practise from the moment the game started up 2 vertical lines were drawn on the left side of the monitor like a bar meter, in between them filled with green colour which was jumping according to the frame rates performance approx like a measuring bar, and also on the top with white it was written SLi, What the hell is this? I use my PC all the time in SLi mode, but today was the first time it came up in the game? Yesterday i also raced and i did not had it. When i changed to non SLi mode it did not appear. It was all the time present in SLI mode, both in menu and during racing, every time.

When i made a screenshot to show it for you what is happening in the screenshot it did not appear, also strange, everything like normal, without this bar and SLI text.

I am quite sure i did not change any setting for the video card.... yesterday played, everything ok, today switch on PC, play, and this bar and SLi is written in the game....

I tried to browse now every menu point in the Nvidia control panel, but i did not found anything like what could switch this on or off, or maybe i am blind....

Any idea why it is appearing now? I cant drive like that of course, very disturbing this bar tkaes the whole left of the screen.

baaaah, it was not in the adbanced menu on the left side where i was searching for it as a madman, but on the top, a separate +d Setting, and only 1 menu point: SLI Visualization..... ok, turned it off now. Just i wonder how it got turned on.....? I was not even opening the Nvidia control panel for the last weeks....

This option is only in the driver when sli is used, so i guess in my situation with only one poor Geforce 8800 it is not there.

I had never heard of this option before, never too old to learn :).

Does your system performs much better now in SLI? A few months ago you didn't notice much difference.

Sli depends on the game.
I have the 8800GTS 640mb in SLi. It performed much better in Crysis in Vista in the same resolution/quality setting then a 8800GTX in XP (single card).
Around 20% better FPS. (later I discovered Vista makes Crysis about 75% slower compared to XP on my PC) --> (Vista: Crysis 1680x1050, HighDetail, No AA gives 11 FPS | under XP same settings 45 FPS)

PS. the GTX/GTS-Sli compare test was done in 1024x768.

In ISI based games I don't know the differences. I have it set on 1680x1050, DX9, AA level 4, no sync. Ingame everything at Max and detail level raised to max (120 or 150%, don't remember). No shocks/stutters here in any game.

I got two 8800GT 512MB's in Sli with the latest WHQL drivers and all works absolutely fine here mate ... I also use Riva Tuner to match and overclock clock speeds (link in member support forum or go to www.guru3d.com to find it).

You got issues with other games and Sli? Tried at the Nvidia sli support forums?

Sorry not to be more help ... but hopefully something there will point you in the right direction bud :good:

Thanks Dan, I am so glad its working well now. I am even a few seconds faster in GTR Evo lol(joke). Quick question, with SLI turned on I tried without success to run my 15" monitor next to the main monitor in dual view. It doesnt work? Is that the disadvantage of SLI? Will I be able to run two monitors in SLI for browsing on the 15" and gaming on 24"?

Abdul

Edited to add

I searched on the world wide web and found that in SLI dual view is non-existance. I'll stick with SLI though and browsing can wait until.

Nonononononon
Sli and dual view DO work mate!

The 180+ drivers fixed that. This was the biggee everyone was waiting for, and I use it all the time.

With Riva ... its a bit of a bugger to get it working, and make sure you have the latest Riva Tuner version, but yeah, you use the drop down to set each card up in turn (for 2d and 3d!).
Use the Riva Tuner monitor function to check what speeds your cards are running at ... I had to do a couple of reboots in Vista to get it all properly sorted though.

Check the Nivida Control panel and your display settings panel to get the 2nd monitor configured correctly if you are having problems (there are settings scattered around all over the place ... make sure you have em all sorted and right click on the greyed out monitor and select "attached" to get the 2nd monitor up and running from display settings window. Also drag and drop the monitor in that window to switch things around as they physically are)
GL :thumb:

:sad: ... you are on XP eh?
I had not realised this when I posted nor had I ever looked into dual viewing SLi on XP since I run Vista, just assumed it was the same.
Maybe check again at www.Guru3d.com ... if anyone has a hack ... sorry ... workaround for this, then it will be on the forums there. Maybe the issue is in the OS and its not patchable??
Sorry not to have come though any better on this mate ... I tried :wink2:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back