F1 2016 SLI setup help needed

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, I'm on 2 x 980Ti's and SLI seems to be inactive out of the box. I added f1_2016.exe in the NVIDIA Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings. I guess i must use NVIDIA inspector to add at least SLI compatibility bits, but i have no idea what to use... :confused:

Also, what else (if anything) would you recommend to tweak in the inspector?

The whole series (F1 2010 onwards) has never had any proper SLI or Crossfire support (driver profiles) AFAIK.

Looks like nothing has changed then ........

Bought myself a new single card this year, having got fed up with Crossfire over the years (not just with this game series). When triple A games don't work correctly, like Ubisoft's 'The Division' didn't (still doesn't?), I decided that it was time to retire my 2 x HD7970's, and go single GPU.

Hi guys, Are you sure you are using the latest Nvidia drivers version 372.54 available since 15 August 2016? Although I do not have such high fps I checked while the game was running during the benchmark that my both cards are running and they were close to 98% GPU usage with SLI activated (I ran 48 fps without everything maxed up and approx 34 fps with (except for the two settings that I cannot change anymore since I tried 3D surround). And by the way 3D surround is working very well (but then it was 24fps, with some optimisation I could reach maybe 30fps). From the summary of Nvidia driver 372.54: "Game Ready Provides the optimal experience for No Man’s Sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Obduction, F1 2016, and the Open Beta for Paragon"
Edit Of course I have W7 64bit and not windaube10...(it is well known that there are issues between nvidia drivers, SLI and W10 )

Sagal
i5-3570K@4Ghz; Gigabyte SLI 2xGTX-970, Asus: P8Z77 V-Pro, 3xVG278H, Xonar Phoebus; G.Skill DDR3 16GB; Seasonic X-760W; Noctua NH-U12P SE2; Crucial m4 SSD 256GB; WD Caviar Black 2TB; CM Storm Trooper; TrackIR 5; Logitech: z906, G502 Proteus; Thrustmaster: T500RS+ F1 150th, MFD Cougar; CH: Fighterstick, proPedal, proThrottle; Obutto R3volution; Windows7 Pro 64b

Last edited:
Changes on 24 August created some modification to the settings. In addition to the previous very annoying and continuous noise buzz that has not been fixed, I have to check several settings to finally found the one that remove some blickering and some sort of darker halo two meters in front of the car.

I had to put almost everything maxed out in terms of settings (except the two off recommended by Nvidia for 3D settings: for "particles" and “? I can't remember from now…”). Therefore my fps is averaging 30-36 (without 3D surround of course).

I have to say that I consider this game unfinished and I stop to be a beta tester and I return to F1 2012 with the wonderful mods created by the community (realism patch, HD texture for the circuits and the cars etc.) where I can enjoy better quality racing from my cockpit and fps around 100.

I will come back when a solid patch settles these issues. In addition the absence of support for TrackIr5 and the engine noise that I hate do not contribute to my desire to come back before these points are fixed (for engine noise, a mod from the community – do not mention the existing one it is not working correctly).

Are you sure you are using the latest Nvidia drivers

Yep, updated to latest version before i installed the game.

I've since decided to let F12016 "grow up" a while and already recieved a refund from steam, but please continue on the subject if you like, cause i will return to this game at some point and i'm pretty sure someone else is scratching their head on the sli-stuff too :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back