SLi GTX970's kick ass .

I just paired up my Gigabyte Windforce GTX970 with another . works really well for the price compared to a GTX1080. Both graphics and car physics have improved by a noticeable amount.
If you're thinking of doing it , go for it .

20181028_150720.jpg

Last edited:
I had evga gtx 970 ssc in sli before moving to vr....they were really good, especially that the scond one only cost me $150....than sold it for $450 during the minning boom :)

I just paired up my Gigabyte Windforce GTX970 with another . works really well for the price compared to a GTX1080. Both graphics and car physics have improved by a noticeable amount.
How does adding a second GPU improve car physics? :whistling:

How does adding a second GPU improve car physics? :whistling:

More framerate = more precise driving and inputs that are closer to real time. Also, some game's FFB is affected vastly by the framerate you get. ACC being the newest example of this, with RR being an existing example.

Other than that, it wouldnt affect physics at all like you imply.

Other than that, it wouldnt affect physics at all like you imply.
I didn't imply it. The OP did. The actual physics side of the simulation are not affected at all in my opinion. Yes frame rate, possibly FFB but not physics. So you actually agree with me. :whistling::confused:

I didn't imply it. The OP did. The actual physics side of the simulation are not affected at all in my opinion. Yes frame rate, possibly FFB but not physics. So you actually agree with me. :whistling::confused:

Nitpicking ? sorry i'm not a computer engineer, There are improvements in car handling. you feel the cars handle much better as the steering feedback is more precise and feels the games processes the physics faster . Cars can slide now with out loosing the rear end so easily and they handle bumps better .

Whatever. Your PC is just working faster graphics/FPS wise. That's all. But that always feels smoother and better. Enjoy it.;)

Last edited:
There could be an physics improvement effect if the CPU was waiting on the GPU to finish!
Sure same effect could be achieved by lowering the graphics settings.
That said nice smooth graphics does make all our sims feel much better.
And with Sli Gtx 970 you will be set for a long time for monitor use.

It should not be hard to tell
Pick your best hotlap combo ( where your times are consistent )

Set fps limit to 60 ..test
Set fps unlimited ...test

P.S. rFactor2 is the only sim I have felt different

View attachment 275805
Hi Gazman,

I have a Strix 970 myself and would be interested to know what king of improvements you have seen in framerates and what graphical settings it allows you to run in various games.
Im on fence as to whether or not to get another 970 or just get a new card!
Do most racing sims take advantage of multi card setups?

heres 2 screen shots, AC benchmark and my system specs .
I suppose it depends on what you pay for graphics cards . In Australia they are expensive . my second card cost $200 aud . I was planning 2 cards when i built my PC so no upgrades were needed there . plug n play .
20181117120007_1.jpg ScreenHunter_131 Nov. 17 12.03.jpg

Nitpicking ? sorry i'm not a computer engineer, There are improvements in car handling. you feel the cars handle much better as the steering feedback is more precise and feels the games processes the physics faster . Cars can slide now with out loosing the rear end so easily and they handle bumps better .

It's the placebo effect, because if that was really the case, there would be no way to run sim racing online competitions. Because the guy with the fastest computer would win and it wouldn't be a fair play.

Game physics are carefully programmed real-time applications that are not dependent on the speed of the CPU or GPU. Game physics always run the same rate. The last time I can remember when game physics depended on CPU speed was back in 90's with Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3. And GPU absolutely has no impact on physics, as physics are not calculated on the GPU to begin with.

And GPU absolutely has no impact on physics, as physics are not calculated on the GPU to begin with.

Agree, but... fps has an effect on one's ability to control the car and higher fps capability is what a faster GPU will give you. If you've got the hardware capability, you can test this for yourself by capping framerate at various steps (30 fps, 60 fps, 90 fps) and comparing how well you perform.

Agree, but... fps has an effect on one's ability to control the car and higher fps capability is what a faster GPU will give you. If you've got the hardware capability, you can test this for yourself by capping framerate at various steps (30 fps, 60 fps, 90 fps) and comparing how well you perform.

Therefore then, people with faster computers (more money spent) have an advantage in online racing. :whistling::whistling::sneaky:

It can happen… In an endurance multiclass race a few months ago at sunset I suddenly unlapped me from the car in front, caught him again through traffic and past him: I gained more than a lap within 10, 15 mn! I had just stopped for fresh tyres and he had not made his stop yet but still!
After the race many people complained about freezes and hectic fps, while on my side it stayed fine (I had lowered settings for the race but I guess others did too but not enough). I realized I just did the same lap times than under day light… It was the other cars that had to tiptoe and lost a ton of time!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back