rF2 Skip Barber @ Imola 2018 - Tue 7 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great fun in that 2nd race, nice close racing @Marco Antonio Rodriguez and @RainhamIron.
Too bad you slightly lost control with only a few corners to go Andy, it would have been 3 cars on the line!

Well done Marco :thumbsup:

imola 1.jpg

imola 2.jpg

Last edited:
Great fun in that 2nd race, nice close racing @Marco Antonio Rodriguez and @RainhamIron.
Too bad you slightly lost control with only a few corners to go Andy, it would have been 3 cars on the line!

Well done Marco :thumbsup:

View attachment 304762
View attachment 304763
Agreed, that was another awesome race with yourself and Marco. It reminded me a bit of the Donington MCR race in that it was close and on the limit, but always clean. Great fun.

There were a few points around the middle of the race when I thought I might be able to capitalise on the scrap you two were having, and sneak past. The last corner was one of my weaker ones generally, but there was one lap in particular where I effectively had a double tow down the pit straight and it looked as though we were heading 3 wide into T1 :confused: In the end though I thought better of it and hung back a bit as that could easily have turned messy :roflmao:

Otherwise for me tonight it was more a case of trying to hang onto your tails whilst enjoying a grandstand seat of the battle just ahead. Shame as you say that I lost the rear so close to the end, 3 ftw on the line would have been cool. Nice screenies btw, and yeah congrats Marco on the win (just!).

Race one was a lot of fun too after my little 'distraction' at the start - "tap tap...daddy, can you charge my tablet pls" :roflmao::inlove:
In any case I had some more really nice close battles, esp the lengthy scrap with @Daniel R. :thumbsup:

Great fun tonight, I've really enjoyed both races a lot and had very close finishes in both! Thanks everyone!

Here's my races. If anyone has an issue with the video, just tell me and I'll take it down.

Yes, again a great race.

Quali was good, didn´t thought before to do the time i did.

In both races i made mistakes in the first lap which was truly my own fault.
The problem is, that over here in germany it´s already 9 pm when practice starts. With a little baby at home, you´re not that awake by that time of day.
But anyways, tht´s my own problem.

Nevertheless in the first race i had one of the best overtake in my sim racing career!!
Around the outside in tamburello (happy to see that afterwards on @Martin Fiala ´s video @ 13minutes). That made me happy and saved my evening!! But again, only possible by having fair drivers (@Gasper Zupan ) besides me!!
Than for the rest of the race a very nice and very, very clean fight with @RainhamIron !! Thank you very much for that!!

Second race also crap in the beginning, but then relatively solid. Halfway through i made contact with @Martin Fiala. In my oppinion it was my fault (i shut the door on you and you were besides me long before the chicane) so i waited for him to get by. race was done after that obviously, but overall happy with the races.

Its always astomishing how fair and clean everybody is, most of the time racing at it´s best with you guys!!

Lookin forward for the next races, have a good one everybody!!

Cheers Dan

@Daniel R. Oh right, I forgot to look at our incident to see what actually happened (as I was fairly certain it was my fault by not giving you enough room). Well, looking at the video, I'd say neither of us were directly at fault. I was quite certain you were ahead of me so it was your corner and my fault for hitting you, and the video confirms that, but at the same time, you did kinda cut me off there and I just couldn't react fast enough.
In any way, I wasn't expecting you to wait for me there and didn't feel like you should, but thank you for doing so and apologies for the part I played in that :(

(I still think it might be a surprisingly fun combo, to be honest. I've done quite a few races where I thought it's a guaranteed suicide on Bathurst and they turned out great. But I also understand why it's very unlikely to be done ;) )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back