Skins and Shader Files in RBR

Hi, hoping someone can help, I've read the tutorials and FAQ's but I haven't been able to find an answer.

With skin files that come with shaders, light, wheel and ramp files where exactly do you install the extra files?

For example in this zip of the Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo 2 it comes with shaders + light + Wheel + Ramp files and while I know how and where to install the car files using the included .exe the extras I have no idea about.

Any help appreciated as I would love to see these cars as their creators intended and try some of the other features like Light Pods etc.

Cheers Al

Al, I think I know, but no promises. First, make a backup of your Richard Burns Rally\Cars\Fabia_S20000_e2 Folder. This is where the replacement (alternate) files will go. The backup will allow you to restore the default if all goes wrong.

Now to the downloaded files:
1. The EXE file is the skin. Use the RSRBR2011 Skin manager to install it. Do you know how that works?

2. Shaders: The Fabia_S2000_e2_shader_settings_clear.ini file replaces the equivalent in the main Cars\Fabia_S2000_e2 folder
Same for the other one.

3. Black Tarmac Wheel: This file goes to Fabia_S2000_e2\Textures and replaces the default one.

4. Lights: Choose the one you want from the options.
The two .ini files go to Fabia_S2000_e2 and replaces the default ones.

5. Ramps: as per 4 above.

If this doesn't work, give me a phone call at home.

Al, I think I know, but no promises. First, make a backup of your Richard Burns Rally\Cars\Fabia_S20000_e2 Folder. This is where the replacement (alternate) files will go. The backup will allow you to restore the default if all goes wrong.

Now to the downloaded files:
1. The EXE file is the skin. Use the RSRBR2011 Skin manager to install it. Do you know how that works?

2. Shaders: The Fabia_S2000_e2_shader_settings_clear.ini file replaces the equivalent in the main Cars\Fabia_S2000_e2 folder
Same for the other one.

3. Black Tarmac Wheel: This file goes to Fabia_S2000_e2\Textures and replaces the default one.

4. Lights: Choose the one you want from the options.
The two .ini files go to Fabia_S2000_e2 and replaces the default ones.

5. Ramps: as per 4 above.

If this doesn't work, give me a phone call at home.

Thanks Warren, That explains it perfectly thank you.

I was up to speed with the Skin manger and it automatically creates a backup of the originals in the Skins folder which is nice. I was just unsure of where to put the others shader files etc but now I see the sub folders in the Cars folder so I'll make a backup of the folder in there and have a play with a few of the files I want to try.

Thanks for the info, it is as always very much appreciated.

Cheers Al

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back