skinning help

hi there

i'm trying to create a skin for th clio euro series and i don't have any experience in photoshop, i've already been trying to create a skin without changing the colour of the original template just inserted the logos that are necessary, i save it as .dds and i've put it in game so i can see the result of my work but the skin apears all white (in the original template it was yellow) and the logos that i had inserted aren't there. Do i have to change the colour of the layer that says "paint here" on the template? if so how do i do it?

Thank you, Rui F. Martins

I can't really say much without seeing the template properly - even pics won't help here. If we can look at the layer structure then it would help, but the best way would be the share the file so we can see what bits of image are on which layer.

It sounds to me like you looking at the default model in the game. Your skin isn't showing up at all. Nothing to do with the template, It's more to do with the naming in your teams file.
In the team file were you save your new skin, Check that you have all the files named the same.
Should look something like this;
SDE_23.Veh = vehicle description.
SDE_23.DDS = your new skin
SDE_23.Text =
SDE_23Extra.DDS In this example if one of these are named differently like SDE_22.DDS = your skin, See the number is different? If your skins entries is different from the veh it want show. You'll see the default car, All white just like you say your seeing.

Also open the veh using notebook, It will look something like this;
DefaultLivery="SDE_23.DDS" / This line needs to match the entries name of the files also.

HDVehicle=AUDIR8.hdv
Graphics=AUDIR8.gen
Spinner=AUDIR8_spinner.gen
GenString=NG
Cameras=AUDIR8_cams.cam // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
Sounds=AUDIR8.sfx
HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics.ini // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=AUDIR8_cockpitinfo.ini
Upgrades=AudiR8_upgrade.ini

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back