Sketchup export resizes the textures

Hi!

I have a problem. I'm trying to model few objects for my new track in Sketchup and everything is fine until I export it.
Lets say I have a texture on the object with the size of 512x512 pixels. When I export it Sketchup resizes the texture to 509x508. On another object my 512x256 texture became 475x168 and so on.
Obviously rF doesn't like this.
What's the problem?

Thank you.

Resize the faulty textures after the export and you will be fine.

I never experienced a situation that sketchup is resizing textures after exporting an object, when the textures imported to sketchup are in powers of 2.
Are you using sketcup version 6.0?

Are you sure that Sketchup isn't putting it's own textures in the place of yours. Check the texture name. I don't think it will change the size of your textures. If you cannot get to the root of this problem, sling a sketchup sample this way for us to have a look at.

When i build an object i always delete the original sketchup textures.
Then i import my own textures. After i export it as a *.kmz file, i rename it to a *.zip file and extract it.
Then i copy the textures and rename them as [building]0.jpg [building]1.jpg and so on. These textures i convert to dds files.
In xpacker i point the textures to those files and delete the jpg's. Then export to rFactor.

For an extended tutorial: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tutorial-objects-to-rfactor.4027/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back