SimXperience G-Belt review

the sound the G-Seat makes right behind your ears
Their G-Belt Universal Seat Mount Installation drawing locates it at seat brackets:
download.png

... wanting rollers at shoulder level to properly redirect harness forces.
The G-Belt housing has a removeable top cover for belts to exit vertically.

Last edited:
The fan on the control box is obnoxiously loud for what it is, but that's just background fan noise and you can place that quite far away (mine's by my pedals).

I should have thought about that. They don't appear to show one picture of the G-Belt with the AccuMotion controller :(

Do you have a link to what it looks like and can you give me it's dimensions? My mobile rig is pretty densely populated at this point with the NLRv3 under the seat and the Flight pedals USB hubs and SC2 power supplies under the driving pedals. I've already replaced the 4 x noisy NX4-6000 transducer amp fans with much quieter Noctua fans to keep noise levels down.

flightpedalsunderDrivingpedals_6398.jpg

I appreciate the picture and dimensions and the link to that article. Still thinking.

One thing I picked up from that article is that this system really needs 5-6 point harnesses so the G-Belt has a firm point to pull against.

I use a 6 point harness and it works well. But I think quite a few people use 4 point harnesses with it. In fact, during their initial testing and prototyping Simxperience used a 4 point harness if I remember correctly.

I have to admit that I'm not that crazy about the thought of having a crotch belt and it wouldn't work with my rig while it's in flight mode. Well, I went ahead and ordered a Sabelt 3" Black 4 point harness to see how it feels vs. the 2" Takama 4 point I have now. I suspect it won't matter much until there is tension. I'm debating ordering a pair of the 3" belt pads.

Cam-Lock-Harness-Explanation.jpg

If you bolt the submarine belt into the right place on your seat and adjust it correctly, it doesn't have to be in contact with your crotch.

I've been using mine this way for a couple of years now. When I get out of the sim I just flip the sub belt forward. When I get in, I just sit right down, then pull the sub belt forward and snap the shoulder belts into the cam on the sub-belt. It's in no way inconvenient or uncomfortable.

The only way I could imagine it being a problem is if you bolt the sub-belt into the seat too close to your crotch such that it was uncomfortably close.

Having the sub-belt gives the G-Belt shoulder straps something consistent to pull against.

From what I've read here, opinions may vary, but I suspect that maybe those who don't like the sub-belt either haven't tried it or didn't install/adjust it correctly.

This said, 99% of my testing is in the context of racing.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure how I could attach the anti-submarine belt in my rig. When I'm backed into the seat as far as I go, my crotch is forward of the point where the hole in the bottom of the seat is.

In addition when my rig converts to a flight rig, I remove the two cushions that are velcro'd down and put down a single memory foam cushion, so I can slide the stick over it and have the stick not be too high. So I would need a way to quick release the bottom belt from my seat and an attachment point that didn't interfere with my quick release flight stick.

I'm not making this easy.

Last edited:
In 15 years of dealing with different customer-chosen seats to install on our motion simulators, I've never seen a racing seat where your crotch would be forward of the hole for the sub-belt. In that case, definitely don't use the sub-belt! You could literally wind up crushing your man parts.

I like the quick release flight controls by the way.

Personally I tried first the 4 points harness and I thought it was perfect then I ordered even the 6 points harness and woww… you feel much more the forces on your shoulders.
for me, 5 or better 6 points is a must and if its 3 inch harness then its better and better.

Last edited:
In 15 years of dealing with different customer-chosen seats to install on our motion simulators, I've never seen a racing seat where your crotch would be forward of the hole for the sub-belt. In that case, definitely don't use the sub-belt! You could literally wind up crushing your man parts.

I like the quick release flight controls by the way.

I'm about 185 lbs and 6' tall. Many years as a cyclist have likely "gifted" me with a bit of a butt pushing my crotch forward a bit compared to some. I tried to take a picture to show this, but there is no way for that not to end up being a crotch shot with a little too much definition for my taste.

The furthest away part of the slot in the bottom of the seat looks like it is maybe 1/4" past rubbing me if it were coming up perpendicular to the seat and the slot then extends underneath me about an inch or so and that was with me with some reasonably snug fitting shorts. I was not remotely "spread out", and this was with my pushing myself back into the seat as absolutely far as I can go.

I have an NRG Prisma on Sparco brackets bolted directly to an NLRv3 without seat sliders to help keep the seat height reasonable. I hadn't seriously looked at the anti-submarine slot before now, but after I saw where it was I just wrote it off and ordered the 3" wide 4 point harness.

However, I hadn't thought about altering the seat. I wouldn't have a problem cutting another hole forward of this position if it makes that much of a difference, but if I did I would need a plan for how I was going to secure the anti-submarine belt to the moving area under the seat, between the brackets on top of the seat mover.

Last edited:
I had a 4 point already, which I used for the 3DOF SFX-100 that I previously used. It didn't really need a 5 point, and since I've had some poor experiences with budget harnesses (who really wants to spend top dollar on a harness that's not in a moving vehicle?) I decided to get a nicer one, but go the 4 point to save some money. I also didn't really like the thought of having to mess about with a 5th point. I had 5 on the cheap harness I replaced and never ever felt the need to use it.

With the G-Belt, it does make sense. I actually expected to find the 5th point somewhere, as I thought I ordered one with more than 4 but apparently that's not the case. So after using it for a bit with the current harness, it felt pretty good and never bothered to look into it again.

So I guess I'm in the camp of just never tried it. But my criteria for requiring one was "are the lap belts being pulled in such a way that it's moving them to need readjusting, or does it feel like the shoulder harnesses aren't doing their job?" In both cases, the answer was no, so I was happy with the 4 point and never really thought about it again.

I do like the fact that I don't have to mess with the crotch strap. It's already more hassle to use the harness at all (which is fine, it's part of the product obviously) let alone use another potentially uncomfortable part of it. So I'm happy that it does not seem to impact the experience and if it does, I'm happy with the small compromise regardless.

Last edited:
This may be an NRG Prisma issue. A friend with the same seat told me that the anti-submarine belt slot on his seat is also very snug :( It appears that NRG has a longer front bolster that extends back further and they adjusted the slot to match.

Short of replacing my seat, which I've been very happy with in terms of comfort, it appears I'll be sticking with a 4 point harness for now.

I did some googling about this and I didn't find any complaints. I did see where Corbeau would charge an additional fee to cut an anti-submarine slot.

Last edited:
I asked on another forum and this may be an issue with NRG seats in general. One guy with an OMP seat said he had good clearance and I know I've seen many Sparco seats with 5 and 6 point harnesses. After I install the 3" wide 4 point harness on my system and am comfortable with it, I'll consider ordering the G-Belt.

Last edited:
Hi All,
i have the G Belts on delivery, and looking for some help / clarifications as i am not a DIY guy when it comes to drilling, and the info available on the SimXperience website are not clear enough to me.

1) I am planning to install it shoulder level, as recommended, on a Next Level Racing F-GT Track rig attached to a Motion V3 (i am aware of the extra weight, but i'm running the motion platform at around 40% of it's recommended setting, plus i'm well below the weight limits.)
--> Now, my seat is covered in leather/padding, and there's no way to remove it. I assume this will mean that i will have to drill the 2 holes through the seat, right? And then obviously find screws of the right lenght.
--> Also, i assume that the screwing will need to be done from the side where i'm seated towards the back where the Belt device is attached, right?
--> Has anyone done this type of installation? I'm a bit worried of having metal screws sitting right on my back/head.

Thanks for any tip you could share.

Regards,

Vanni

The bolts that come with the unit are what I would describe as pan head, mushroom head, etc. depending where you look. So they have a low profile and are rounded, as opposed to something like a capped head which is very prominent (think about the bolts used in 8020 profiles, that's capped head). So with these screws, even if you rest your head against them, they aren't really prominent and you barely feel them. That said, I barely rest my head completely on the head rest while in the rig, and even when I do between races, I can't feel it. Not sure if my head is just simply missing the bolt or it's such a low profile that I'm resting on it and I cannot tell.

For the drilling, you'll need to be careful. I had to drill through the fabric on my Sparco Rev, and while there is barely any padding up that high, the drill bit still catches the fabric and can pull as you drill. You might want to do some reading on drilling through material that is wrapped in fabric / padded just for your own peace of mind before trial and error-ing on your own seat.
The bolts you will more than likely need to source yourself, as you will need longer ones. Just take the ones that come with the unit to the hardware store and get the same spec but in a longer length. Someone there should be able to help you. Get long enough to reach but not too long that they won't be able to be torqued down and hit a bump stop inside. You may need to cut them depending how you go but you should be able to find the right length. You're correct, the unit rests against the back of the seat and the bolts go from the inside of the seat (where your head sits) through the seat and into the unit on the back. You may need a second person to help you hold the unit while you locate the threaded hole with the bolt. It's tricky.

Last edited:
seat is covered in leather/padding
Consider mounting it at the seat base, so that it
imposes less inertial load on the seat mover and adds distance to that noise source.
If your seat has shoulder harness ports, install rollers with hooks locating them to port edges,
requiring no holes in the seatback.

Consider mounting it at the seat base, so that it
imposes less inertial load on the seat mover and adds distance to that noise source.
If your seat has shoulder harness ports, install rollers with hooks locating them to port edges,
requiring no holes in the seatback.

I think that routing that way would, or anyway using harness holes in the seat as "pulleys", would halve the forces that the device can deliver.

I think that routing that way would, or anyway using harness holes in the seat as "pulleys", would halve the forces that the device can deliver.
There have been comments in this thread that support the idea that the G-Belt works best mounted on the seat directly behind the seatbelt openings. I believe one person tried both mounts.

I'm going through the same thought process. With NLR's revised max user weight values, I should have 100lbs for peripherals and the G-Belt is supposed to be ~22 lbs according to the email I received from SimXperience. My BK-Concert is mounted at the base of my seat already so I wouldn't have the option of mounting one there.

I haven't ordered a G-Belt yet, but have a 3" harness ordered in preparation.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea