SimXperience G-Belt review

It's not recommended to have it lower as the arms are then pulling the belts down rather than back. It's highly recommended to get the unit directly behind you if possible.

It's not recommended to have it lower as the arms are then pulling the belts down rather than back. It's highly recommended to get the unit directly behind you if possible.
Probably not a good idea then. Adding 22 lbs up high on the seat will put a lot of additional load on the NLRv3 motors.

Last edited:
Probably not a good idea then. Adding 22 lbs up high on the seat will put a lot of additional load on the NLRv3 motors.
I'm using it with my nlr v3. At first I had it mounted lower down but it made it feel like the belt was pulling down on my shoulders rather than back on my chest, so I moved it up behind my shoulders. I shifted the seat further forward to offset the extra weight and the nlr v3 seems to be working as usual. Whether the extra weight will shorten the lifespan of the motors is something I guess I'll find out eventually!

I've got the nlr v3, g-belt and gs-4 on my rig, and of the three I think the g-belt gives the best effects and most immersive feel. The software is a hell of a lot more straightforward on the nlr though!

I'm using it with my nlr v3. At first I had it mounted lower down but it made it feel like the belt was pulling down on my shoulders rather than back on my chest, so I moved it up behind my shoulders. I shifted the seat further forward to offset the extra weight and the nlr v3 seems to be working as usual. Whether the extra weight will shorten the lifespan of the motors is something I guess I'll find out eventually!

I've got the nlr v3, g-belt and gs-4 on my rig, and of the three I think the g-belt gives the best effects and most immersive feel. The software is a hell of a lot more straightforward on the nlr though!

How far over the weight limit are you?

How far over the weight limit are you?
To be honest I don't know. I don't know how much the gs4 weighs (googling doesn't help much either), but the gs5 is about 40kg and the g belt is about 13kg I think.

Nlr limit is 130kg from what I remember. I'm around 85kg. So only slightly over I think...

Should probably eat a bit less to get it under the limit :D

Hmm yeah I never really thought about the weight it adds if you're on a seat mover. I wouldn't worry too much about it, depending what else you have mounted to it obviously. If you're a large frame, it might be pushing it, especially having a G Seat mounted to it as well. When I had mine I only really had the bucket seat mounted to it and I'm a relatively small frame, 75kg and 166cm. So I'm like only half of the way there. Even if you add an LFE and the G-Belt, I'd still be under 100kg. Keep in mind the unit probably can carry more, just that the spec from the manufacturer needs to give a bit of leeway so that it's not right up against a hard limit of potential failure.

Keep in mind the unit probably can carry more, just that the spec from the manufacturer needs to give a bit of leeway so that it's not right up against a hard limit of potential failure.

They've changed the spec to talk about the weight of the user only. I remember weighing my seat, the brackets and everything bolted to it and thinking I was over the limit, but their current specifications seems to imply otherwise.
  • Can support up to 130 kg or 285 lb users
I'm currently 84kg ( and dropping ) at 185cm height. According to that I have an extra 46kg or 100 lbs of capacity left over for my transducer and something like this.

Interesting....

The BK Concert is 11 lbs and the G-Belt is 19lbs. I have a bit of profile on there and seat belts. When I'm in flight mode and have the throttle and stick in place the motion is much more restrained and smooth. So that's maybe 40lbs for everything including a G-Belt in driving mode and maybe 55lbs in flight mode.

Sounds like I could consider this if I wanted to.

I assume that I would want to ditch my 2" wide seat belt and go to a 3" seat belt if the belts are pulling on me, correct ?

And there are no problems running SimVibe and SimHub and the NLR software at the same time? Anyone run those 3 ?

Also for NLRv3 owners, have you found that you decrease the braking and acceleration pitch with seatbelt tensioning?

They don't list Dirt Rally 2.0 as supported. Should I assume that they just haven't updated their list? The one thing that I hated about SimVibe was that it always seemed to be a PITA to keep working. I spent alot of time hunting down solutions to keep SimVibe working. SimHub just seems to work much more reliably.

Last edited:
I run SV and SH together. It's fine. More correctly, SimCommander is the software suite that the G-Belt uses, not actually Simvibe with the tactile functionality. I used the Next Level software as well and it's pretty compatible with SimCommander back when I was running both of those together so I can't see how having all 3 running would be a massive issue.

The cloud profiles for SimCommander make the tuning and everything a lot easier now. You could basically have one profile for all sims and just swap the game in the drop down box. I haven't used it extensively yet since moving back to it with the G-Belt, but from my short reintroduction to it, it seems functional. It's not as bad as tuning all tactile effects for Simvibe. There's only a handful of effects to assign for the G-Belt and they're pretty straightforward to understand and tweak should you feel the need.

Good enough. I'm going to try to use this to incentivize myself rather than merely pulling the trigger like I normally do. I'm down 10lbs. When I get to my next goal weight, I'll pull the trigger. I've also got a little project that I haven't been motivated to work on. When I finish that and get the weight down, I'll grab one.

I haven't wanted to drill holes in my seat, but it doesn't look like this takes many holes.

I'm a little bummed that it doesn't support DCS. I would think that would be a great way to simulate G forces when you are climbing or if you were inverted. :(

Last edited:

I, i have a V3 as well. Can you share a couple of pics of your setup? Thanks.

Just two bolts into the back of the seat, so two holes. I've passed that point of worrying about drilling into the seat. I have tactile units on there too as well as the G-Belt so it is what it is.

Just two bolts into the back of the seat, so two holes. I've passed that point of worrying about drilling into the seat. I have tactile units on there too as well as the G-Belt so it is what it is.

Does it press metal to fiberglass or have some gasket material where it is bolted to the seat?

How did you route the wiring for it? I assume there is at least a USB cable and power cable.

Last edited:
I won't ask anymore questions for a little while. Today I suddenly decided I would like to have a complete down to the subfloor master bath remodel and that has distracted me for the time being. And yes, that was me suggesting this and then barely twisting my wife's arm. It didn't take much twisting. It's the last thing left in the house to update and suddenly that seems important to me..... Squirrel!

There's no gasket, it's pretty much on the back of the seat. But, the little borders that surround the harness holes helps keep it from being pressed right against it. It's not a big deal anyway. The unit has a couple of sleeves that house the cables, it's really neat and well done. I just run it down the back of the seat, under the rig and to the front under the pedals which is where I've got the control box along with my tactile amps.

I have to find the pic I took of it.

SimXperience has updated nearly a dozen videos on their YouTube channel in the last 2 weeks,
including one for G-Belt, although that lacks mounting details:

I'm not sure exactly what sort of mounting details you are looking for, but it's likely that your question is answered in the SimXperience Learning Center. Here is a direct link to the G-Belt mechanical details subsection: https://www.simxperience.com/slides/g-belt-documentation-3/category/mechanical-setup-8

Last edited:
One thing I like about this design compared to many of the DIY designs is that it uses draw bars to pull the seat belts tight. Most DIY versions I've seen simply tighten the belt around a cylinder and could just keep tightening if you don't have them configured correctly or have hardware limiters in place. I have seen multi-channel setups, but at some point it starts looking like a lot to bolt onto a seat and messy.

I am a bit concerned about the sound the G-Seat makes right behind your ears since I use a Valve Index with the head phones off my ears. I don't blast the sound at high levels. Currently my NLRv3 is quiet enough that I mostly only notice it in DCS and very rarely while driving.

Last edited:
I tend to wear headphones and use triple screens these days rather than my Index, but when I have used my Index I didn't really notice the sound from the g-belt. Certainly no more than the nlr v3 anyway. The fan on the control box is obnoxiously loud for what it is, but that's just background fan noise and you can place that quite far away (mine's by my pedals).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.