SimWind - Airflow Lagging Behind Game? - SimHub

Hi All,

I recently hooked up some Noctua 4-pin PWM fans to an Arduino Uno to enable Sim Wind via SimHub.

They power fine, and change speed but there just seems to be a huge lagging of the airflow/fan speed to that of the game's actual speed.

The only thing I can think of is that the slowing down or the ramping up of the fans isn't instantaneous due to inertia. (The data with SimHub is exporting doesn't have any lag associated with this, so this leads me down to a fan issue rather than SimHub)

Has anyone taken any steps to improve this as I've tried playing around with gain and gamma settings to no avail.

I hope someone can help as I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment...

Regards.

Windsim-calibration takes some time. It's basically a simulation to only slightly increase the "immersion", because there's no way you'll have your fan moving air into your face at 300Kph (nor would you want that, ha).
I think I set mine to start spinning at around 40Kph and reach it's max at around 180 Kph. That kinda feels nice, but I guess you kinda need to figure what works for you. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I've got the Arduino ordered, I'm actually now looking into buying the fans and I'd be interested to hear what exact fans you use? I guess they need to be pretty powerful, 3000-4000rpm?

Upvote 0
I have 2 Thermalright TY 143, 14 cm, 2500 rpm, 130 cmf (airflow). They work great with my Symprojects controller and are not very noisy, even at full speed. However, now with my VR headset and my headphones on I don't feel the airflow strong enough. I'd like to replace them with something more powerful, at least 200 cfm. I would prefer 14 cm because they are more silent. I also have to check that they work at 12V. There are not many 14 cm models which feature high rpm. I'm considering the Delta TFC1212DE (12 cm) with 5500 rpm and 252 cfm, which is impressive. However, it's incredibly noisy and I'm worried it could be noticed even with my noise-cancelling headphones.

Upvote 0
This is the exact fan I got: https://www.gotron.be/installatie/m...ator-12vdc-120-x-120-x-38mm-234m-h-44dba.html
I added this as well: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2884277

It's straight ahead of me since I race in VR and it works very well. The difference with the fanshroud is enormous. The air is nicely straightened out. I'd say that fanshroud is essential.

Thanks for this, I can get those fans locally and I'll definitely get the printed shrouds as well.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back